The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

55 minutes ago, Remij said:

Playing more AC.  Starting to get into modding and customizing my AC more.  This game is far deeper than I was expecting. 

I love when you get on good 1v1s with other mechs and are just dodging around and in and out... it's like a fucking beautiful dance of destruction and buildings and trees and containers are exploding and collapsing around you haha.

20230903232045-1.jpg

20230905210043-13334333333.jpg

This game looks incredible! I know it’s hard AF. However, it sounds like it’s fair. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

This game looks incredible! I know it’s hard AF. However, it sounds like it’s fair. 

It's so much better in motion when you're actually just playing it.  It's super tough to get great pics because the controls demand your attention to do cool shit, and so then you can never take the shot at the right time lol :D 

Like I said, it's a really great looking game in its own type of way.  The environments are simple, but it's the effects and particles and explosions that make it look so bad ass.  Like look at this first pic, see all the rain particles, it reminds me of MGS2 on the tanker at times with how many particles are thrown around.  In some shots there's far more actually happening than what I can capture with the screenshot.  It's really tough to capture things because you're so focused on playing haha.  Oh, and as you can see more in my 2nd shot, the more damage you take the more rusted out and damaged your mech looks.  You can actually select how rusted out or new you want your mech to look as well.  It's pretty awesome.

20230905231900-1.jpg

20230905232033-1.jpg

Edited by Remij
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Remij said:

It's so much better in motion when you're actually just playing it.  It's super tough to get great pics because the controls demand your attention to do cool shit, and so then you can never take the shot at the right time lol :D 

Like I said, it's a really great looking game in its own type of way.  The environments are simple, but it's the effects and particles and explosions that make it look so bad ass.  Like look at this first pic, see all the rain particles, it reminds me of MGS2 on the tanker at times with how many particles are thrown around.  In some shots there's far more actually happening than what I can capture with the screenshot.  It's really tough to capture things because you're so focused on playing haha.  Oh, and as you can see more in my 2nd shot, the more damage you take the more rusted out and damaged your mech looks.  You can actually select how rusted out or new you want your mech to look as well.  It's pretty awesome.

20230905231900-1.jpg

20230905232033-1.jpg

Yeah, the vids I’ve seen are awesome. I definitely see the ZoE 2 vibes. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Casual said:

Armoured Core is such a fantastic game to play. Running a dual gatling gun build with a pile driver, super quick to stagger with the gatlings and then i go in for the melee and wreck everything.

i hear the dual gatling gun is the way to go.

Sheesh... FF XVI is seriously like 70% cutscenes/talking and 30% gameplay. The gameplay that is present is basic as fuck.

The combat system is so mid, the level design is linear as fuck, the quest design is formulaic as hell, the RPG systems are nonexistant, and to top it all off- the game is brain dead easy.

I didn't have high expectations to begin with but this is so much worse than I thought it would be.

• Geese 1
  • dead 3
4 hours ago, Sabo said:

Sheesh... FF XVI is seriously like 70% cutscenes/talking and 30% gameplay. The gameplay that is present is basic as fuck.

The combat system is so mid, the level design is linear as fuck, the quest design is formulaic as hell, the RPG systems are nonexistant, and to top it all off- the game is brain dead easy.

I didn't have high expectations to begin with but this is so much worse than I thought it would be.

I called out the two biggest flop this year and I was barely paying attention. :juggle:  Square is a terrible dev, period. So no surprise. 

Playing through FF XVI right after Sea of Stars just makes me appreciate Sea of Stars so much more. I was already high on Sea of Stars, I think it's great. A legit 8/10.

But the juxtaposition between it and FF XVI just really highlights how great of a JRPG Sea of Stars truly is. It's not even a competition, when it comes to being a JRPG Sea of Stars is leagues above FF XVI.

Hell, I think FF XVI is such a bad JRPG its making me look at Octopath Traveler II differently and got me thinking, "Damn, maybe I was too hard on you".

I'm definitely going to have to give Octopath Traveler II a second chance.

• aitch 2
4 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Playing through FF XVI right after Sea of Stars just makes me appreciate Sea of Stars so much more. I was already high on Sea of Stars, I think it's great. A legit 8/10.

But the juxtaposition between it and FF XVI just really highlights how great of a JRPG Sea of Stars truly is. It's not even a competition, when it comes to being a JRPG Sea of Stars is leagues above FF XVI.

Hell, I think FF XVI is such a bad JRPG its making me look at Octopath Traveler II differently and got me thinking, "Damn, maybe I was too hard on you".

I'm definitely going to have to give Octopath Traveler II a second chance.

Octopath 2 is good. DioField Chronicles is great. The last Star Ocean seemed alright but I barely played it due to bad performance on my PC.

They're so scared with their main projects, they want to appeal to a huge demographic but it comes off as lame JRPG. KH4, whenever that is coming out will most likely suck as well.

9 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Sea of Stars got them feels :cry: I’m assuming I’m in the home stretch. I’m a little over 20 hours in. 

Yeah, you're near the end. The game is around 25 or so hours. Probably close to 40 if you do everything. That's one of many things I enjoyed about Sea of Stars- it doesn't overstay its welcome.

Unlike FF XVI, they took a 15 hour game and are trying to stretch it out for as long as possible... The 2nd half of this game has just been awful and the story has devolved into the stale as fuck "Free Will vs. Fate" bullshit I've seen a thousand times.

• dead 1
1 hour ago, Sabo said:

Yeah, you're near the end. The game is around 25 or so hours. Probably close to 40 if you do everything. That's one of many things I enjoyed about Sea of Stars- it doesn't overstay its welcome.

Unlike FF XVI, they took a 15 hour game and are trying to stretch it out for as long as possible... The 2nd half of this game has just been awful and the story has devolved into the stale as fuck "Free Will vs. Fate" bullshit I've seen a thousand times.

That sucks man about FF, but not surprising. 

and yeah, SoS has incredible pacing. I wish most RPGs had a 25-30 hour main campaign. 

Finished Sea of Stars. That was like a 60 hour game crammed into like 27 :D Fucking wild last few hours. Trippy AF! 

The combat never got  old. There were tons of boss fights. Backtracking was kept to a minimum (5 minutes?). The characters were charming. The story was all over the place, which I think was intentional, since the game pokes fun at the JRPG tropes. It doesn’t re-invent the formula, but that’s fine. 

This has been a refreshing experience. 
9.25/10 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

Finished Sea of Stars. That was like a 60 hour game crammed into like 27 :D Fucking wild last few hours. Trippy AF! 

The combat never got  old. There were tons of boss fights. Backtracking was kept to a minimum (5 minutes?). The characters were charming. The story was all over the place, which I think was intentional, since the game pokes fun at the JRPG tropes. It doesn’t re-invent the formula, but that’s fine. 

This has been a refreshing experience. 
9.25/10 

damn I didn’t expect you to be into that kind of game. Nice :wow2:

• aitch 1
26 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

damn I didn’t expect you to be into that kind of game. Nice :wow2:

Same. I’m usually not big on many retro games. Hell, I initially thought I’d be playing this in short intervals. Then I got hooked in. It helps that there aren’t any sections that overstay their welcome. Once you get past the tutorial, it becomes a JRPG for people who typically might not like them (due to issues like grinding, overly complicated UI systems, excess filler quests, not knowing what to do next, etc.). All of the fat is trimmed off here. The areas are pretty short and boss fights are frequent. A lot of scenic/enemy variety and a kickass OST. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Same. I’m usually not big on many retro games. Hell, I initially thought I’d be playing this in short intervals. Then I got hooked in. It helps that there aren’t any sections that overstay their welcome. Once you get past the tutorial, it becomes a JRPG for people who typically might not like them (due to issues like grinding, overly complicated UI systems, excess filler quests, not knowing what to do next, etc.). All of the fat is trimmed off here. The areas are pretty short and boss fights are frequent. A lot of scenic/enemy variety and a kickass OST. 

Got this one installed, next on the list for me. Nice to hear that it's fairly concise.

• aitch 1

Waloed is so fuckin' wasted in this game LOL... It's like the writers completely forgot about the nation and then went, "Oh shit! QUICK, JUST CRAM IT ALL IN THERE!"

The entire arc just feels so sloppily put together and rushed. Honestly, the 2nd half of this game in general is just awful. Star Ocean is a better game than this and that game suffered a similar issue with its 2nd half but it's nowhere near as bad as FF XVI.

I'm at the end and this game is so average at its best and so terrible at its worst. I feel like giving this game a 6/10 is being generous.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Sabo said:

Waloed is so fuckin' wasted in this game LOL... It's like the writers completely forgot about the nation and then went, "Oh shit! QUICK, JUST CRAM IT ALL IN THERE!"

The entire arc just feels so sloppily put together and rushed. Honestly, the 2nd half of this game in general is just awful. Star Ocean is a better game than this and that game suffered a similar issue with its 2nd half but it's nowhere near as bad as FF XVI.

I'm at the end and this game is so average at its best and so terrible at its worst. I feel like giving this game a 6/10 is being generous.

Damn, sounds a 4/10 lol

The intro in sea of stars is terrible :D  my god, whoever tries to play this game, read super fast or skip everything all together. I fucking lost it when the bald dude

Spoiler

did that cumshot-healing spell in the beginning :D 

After that it flows really well. combat and environments own hard. and boss fights are really cool. B)