The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

11 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Yeah, I felt that way, at first. It all becomes second nature. I actually enjoyed the battles a lot! 

Did you do the lecture parts yourself? I’m hoping I can just get away with using auto-instruct, I don’t really want to have micro manage the characters to that level.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

On 2022-04-14 at 2:53 AM, kaz said:

I didn't obtain any alien powers yet, they all sound so boring to me. (the ones I know of yet by analyzing enemies, maybe 50% of them all). And they warned me that some bad things will happen if I go down the route like turrets detecting me as alien. 

Care to elaborate what powers you mean specifically? I invested in some of the "shooty" perks with increased dmg and crit chance and "combat focus" which slows time. I doubt I need anything else combat wise in this game since that skill is SO OP.

Mimicking object is borderline essential. You'll be able to reach all sort of secret areas that are borderline impossible to find otherwise. 

But not having any alien power unlocks a different ending so there's that too.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Did you do the lecture parts yourself? I’m hoping I can just get away with using auto-instruct, I don’t really want to have micro manage the characters to that level.

oh, i used auto instruct.

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

oh, i used auto instruct.

That does seem like the way to go. I did the lecture by myself the first time and none of the characters leveled up their skills. Then the next week I used auto and all of a sudden they all learned a bunch of new skills :D Its nice that you can just turn your brain off for that.

Im getting a good grasp of the gameplay loop but the combat is definitely not one of my favorite aspects overall. I just prefer the FFT/Triangle Strategy style of combat.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

That does seem like the way to go. I did the lecture by myself the first time and none of the characters leveled up their skills. Then the next week I used auto and all of a sudden they all learned a bunch of new skills :D Its nice that you can just turn your brain off for that.

Im getting a good grasp of the gameplay loop but the combat is definitely not one of my favorite aspects overall. I just prefer the FFT/Triangle Strategy style of combat.

i haven't played those games, but i will eventually get triangle strategy once i plat elden ring.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I hope the story in FE three Houses gets better. After 15 hours it hasn’t been that compelling. The characters are cool but most of their development happens separately from the core narrative.

Yeah, there’s a big event that changes everything. 

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. :bow: 

Love the pirate theme going on with your boat and crew. Exploration is amazing, this game is way bigger than I ever expected. Loving it. Thank you, Obsidian.

11 hours ago, Twinblade said:

@Ramza I hooked up my Vive and bought Walking Dead Saints and Sinners. I had to stop right after the tutorial :D The movement in particular hit me really hard. Maybe I just need to get used to VR again.

Weird, because the game tend to be generally slow paced, the walking speed is slow. You only really run when you hear the bells than announces the horde is coming. haha

You're gonna have to train or re-train those VR wheels a bit. I suggest a game where you are stuck in place with no movement or something that play well with teleporting. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Weird, because the game tend to be generally slow paced, the walking speed is slow. You only really run when you hear the bells than announces the horde is coming. haha

You're gonna have to train or re-train those VR wheels a bit. I suggest a game where you are stuck in place with no movement or something that play well with teleporting. 

I just find it strange how the character moves forward in increments, I feel like I don't have enough control over that part of it. Its been a while but when I played HL Alyx the movement was more gradual and consistent, to the point where It didn't make me at all queasy.

I just find it strange how the character moves forward in increments, I feel like I don't have enough control over that part of it. Its been a while but when I played HL Alyx the movement was more gradual and consistent, to the point where It didn't make me at all queasy.

Huh, did you try to change the options to smooth movement? 

I just left everything at default. Did you play it standing up or seated?

Both but it's best standing up. It's kinda shit seated down because of the belt inventory. I mean it's possible, but sometime you'll battle with the sofa just to get your shiv out of your belt slot. 

By the way you probably should always check the options when playing a VR game. 

Click turning and teleporting :puke: 

I put everything on smooth controls with high speed.

Edited by Ramza
4 hours ago, Ramza said:

Both but it's best standing up. It's kinda shit seated down because of the belt inventory. I mean it's possible, but sometime you'll battle with the sofa just to get your shiv out of your belt slot. 

By the way you probably should always check the options when playing a VR game. 

Click turning and teleporting :puke: 

I put everything on smooth controls with high speed.

I tweaked the movement and it feels better, but I had to leave snap turning on. The smooth turning was too much for me.

I still only lasted like 20 minutes before needing a break :D but I just have to give it some time I think.

The rest of the controls work fine but im not a fan of the two handed axe. It just feels clunky to hold and swing around with the bulky vive controllers.

• Upvote 1
51 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I tweaked the movement and it feels better, but I had to leave snap turning on. The smooth turning was too much for me.

I still only lasted like 20 minutes before needing a break :D but I just have to give it some time I think.

The rest of the controls work fine but im not a fan of the two handed axe. It just feels clunky to hold and swing around with the bulky vive controllers.

Two handed weapons can be tricky because of the fake sense of weight. How you hold them is super important, you'll get used to it.

• Upvote 1

Slowly going through Fire Emblem, I was still not that into the story but the way they just changed things up definitely threw an interesting wrench into things

@-GD-X

Spoiler

Edelgaard 'betrayed' me but then I sided with her afterwards which is when you learn that Rhea is a monster and the church is effectively being run by them. Then there's that time jump before you get reunited with the Black Eagle house members who are basically at war with the church and the houses on their side. It seems that the story is shifting into a full on Game of Thrones-esque geopolitical conflict which is what I was hoping it would be from the beginning. Also pretty cool and sad that you're now fighting against and actually killing off the other students who you were allied with at the monastery.

• aitch 1
29 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Slowly going through Fire Emblem, I was still not that into the story but the way they just changed things up definitely threw an interesting wrench into things

@-GD-X

Hide contents

Edelgaard 'betrayed' me but then I sided with her afterwards which is when you learn that Rhea is a monster and the church is effectively being run by them. Then there's that time jump before you get reunited with the Black Eagle house members who are basically at war with the church and the houses on their side. It seems that the story is shifting into a full on Game of Thrones-esque geopolitical conflict which is what I was hoping it would be from the beginning. Also pretty cool and sad that you're now fighting against and actually killing off the other students who you were allied with at the monastery.

Yup!! I hope you have a save just before the “change”, so you can see the other arcs. It’s pretty awesome!