The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

39 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

This indie horror game In Sound Mind was free on the EGS store so I gave it a try. Its actually really damn neat, some unique gameplay mechanics, fun puzzles, and an interesting story so far.

On consoles too?

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

Just now, madmaltese said:

Started Guardians.

The VO work in this game is legit Uncharted levels if not even better. It is absolutely superb.

Also superb impressed with how good this game looks.

Gameplay so far pretty basic but loving everything else.

yeah, the excellent presentation definitely makes up for the standard gameplay. you will see some incredible areas. the banter is amazing too, and only gets better as the title progresses. i prefer the game's story/depiction of its characters over the movies.

33 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

yeah, the excellent presentation definitely makes up for the standard gameplay. you will see some incredible areas. the banter is amazing too, and only gets better as the title progresses. i prefer the game's story/depiction of its characters over the movies.

Yeah can defs see it how it can be better than movies, which is saying something. I'm just blown away but the amount of voice work there is in this game. LIterally constant dialogue the entire time you're playing. Even when you veer off the main path to explore they will mention it and it's always relevant to the situation. It's extremely impressive.

Also goes to show that the Avengers failure had nothing to do with the characters not being 'the movie characters'. It just flat out was a poor depiction of those characters and story.

• Like 1

At the end of Stranger of Paradise.

SoP >>>>>>> Elden Ring

Elden Ring started off strong but the middle part has been so boring I haven’t touched it in like a week. I also think the Souls formula has reached its ceiling. I was disappointed a tad with DS3 by its overall lack of new and interesting ideas but it was still a good game. I was expecting Elden ring to be the complete reinvention the franchise needed but it’s honestly just the same Souls with a new hat. 

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, Delita said:

At the end of Stranger of Paradise.

SoP >>>>>>> Elden Ring

Elden Ring started off strong but the middle part has been so boring I haven’t touched it in like a week. I also think the Souls formula has reached its ceiling. I was disappointed a tad with DS3 by its overall lack of new and interesting ideas but it was still a good game. I was expecting Elden ring to be the complete reinvention the franchise needed but it’s honestly just the same Souls with a new hat. 

I will probably pick up SoP at some point. Its got some odd design decisions but I liked the combat and the amount of different loot (that completely changes the look of the characters) was impressive.

Elden Ring was the most hyped game of this year but its honestly the least interesting one overall if ill be honest. After playing nearly 60 hours of it I think Triangle Strategy, Ghostwire, Kirby, SoP all seem like way more appealing games that I kind of want to drop Elden Ring so I can focus on them.

So 'finished' GT7 couple days ago, as in got the trophy for reaching the ending but that just means I did all the Cafe menus. Still heaps of stuff to do, I assume this is where people are complaining about the grind if you just want to earn credits for a specific car. Don't really care about buying anything specific though, just gonna go complete all the missions and do some of the endurance races then maybe check out online. 

Very very close to the end of Elden Ring.....I think.

Chapter 4 of Guardians of the Galaxy. 

Ghostwire Tokyo is a weird game. I dig the setting and it looks pretty sharp on PC with RT, but im not sure how I feel about the actual gameplay so far. The aiming on controllers is a bit sluggish compared to most other First Person games, and seems like it'll take some getting used to.

A couple days ago I finally started Tales of Arise, it's been sitting in my backlog for months. Only about 7 hours into it but so far I'm liking it. Money seems hard to come by though and I'm starting to think I'm suppose to be selling the monster drops like you would do in Final Fantasy XII.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Sabo said:

A couple days ago I finally started Tales of Arise, it's been sitting in my backlog for months. Only about 7 hours into it but so far I'm liking it. Money seems hard to come by though and I'm starting to think I'm suppose to be selling the monster drops like you would do in Final Fantasy XII.

Yeah but don't sell all your crafting materials, you will need a lot for weapon upgrades.  

You get money for sidequests completion, finding it in chests, selling parts you don't need and the fishing minigame later on. That's pretty much it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I finished In Sound Mind. This game has a lot of issues, especially when it comes to enemies and the combat in general being pretty flat. However it does a ton of really cool and interesting things. The way the exploration, level design, puzzle solving and storyline all come together is pretty fantastic. And despite being 12+ hours long (pretty meaty for an indie horror game) its always throwing new things at you and never manages to feel tedious or bloated.

EGS continues to impress me with their free games. I would never have glanced at this otherwise.

8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I finished In Sound Mind. This game has a lot of issues, especially when it comes to enemies and the combat in general being pretty flat. However it does a ton of really cool and interesting things. The way the exploration, level design, puzzle solving and storyline all come together is pretty fantastic. And despite being 12+ hours long (pretty meaty for an indie horror game) its always throwing new things at you and never manages to feel tedious or bloated.

EGS continues to impress me with their free games. I would never have glanced at this otherwise.

Sounds like the ideal survival horror game! 

13 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Kirby is fun and oozes charm. It’s very easy, but it’s a blast trying to find the hidden items. 

I was watching GB play it and it looks really fun. ill probably grab it along with Triangle Strategy once im done with Ghostwire.

26 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I was watching GB play it and it looks really fun. ill probably grab it along with Triangle Strategy once im done with Ghostwire.

Yeah, it’s just fun af. It’s super easy, but it’s a blast.