The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

Played through the Sonic Generations "timed demo" about 5 times now (seeing that it's just a single stage and all). Wanted to make sure I saw every area of the stage. Wasn't impressed at all. I know that they said they were taking elements from various Sonic games, but that stage looked like they simply copied and pasted the level designs from the first areas in the first Sonic game, added HD graphics and made it look 3D. Not necessarily a bad thing, but they could have included more content and/or variety in the demo to give players a better idea of what this new game was all about. I didn't see the reasoning behind making it a timed demo either. The physics were pretty bad, too. If you walked slowly to the section where there's an upcoming spiral path, Sonic will just take off running automatically through the whole area and an invisible wall prevents you from going back, somewhat hindering exploration. Also, if you backtrack towards one of the tunnels after you've already gone through it, he'll automatically do a spindash through said tunnel and will actually INCREASE speed while moving upwards. Something that's physically impossible. After all this time and they still can't seem to get a Sonic game right. But again, I'm only judging all this based on the one stage that was available. Did anyone play this on a 3D HDTV? Does it look any better?

That's what I meant when I said they should have shown more variety and content. I'm more of classic Sonic fan, myself. Was just playing Sonic 1, yesterday. Didn't make it past Stage 3 in the Labyrinth Zone when fighting Robotnik, though. :(

On my Nintendo DSi XL:

New Super Mario Bros.

Just finished this game. This game was FAR easier than the original Super Mario Bros. games. Just playing through the game normally and I finished it with almost 50 extra lives left over. I only used my star coins once to play one of those special games in the mushroom houses to get extra lives. It started to get just a little challenging towards the end but was still doable after one or two attempts. Is collecting all of the star coins to gain access to World 9 worth it?

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor

Only an hour or two in the beginning. Devil Survivor is just pure awesomeness.

Edited by Shadow

NSMB is pretty good though I think its fairly unremarkable by Mario's 2D standards. Its not Super Mario Bros 3 / Super Mario World / Yoshi's Island good, that's for sure. I hear very good things about NSMB Wii though.

Just finished playing the Catherine Demo on the PS3. Wish they had offered more than one stage/puzzle (not including the tutorial one) or at least an extra difficulty level or something in order to get a better feel for the puzzles overall. The controls could be just a little bit tighter. I found myself accidentally pushing blocks instead of pulling them and hanging onto the edge of some blocks and moving around them when I only wanted to let go. Probably will just take some getting used to. Story looks pretty interesting and I like how they implemented choices that you make in the game into how you respond to text messages on your cellphone. Voice acting and dialogue isn't all that bad, either. Will pre-order.

Started Trauma Center: Under the Knife on my beloved DSi XL. Very fun and innovative game. Takes a bit of precision and practice to get those high rankings, though.

UTK2 is so awesome, loved the music a lot.

Started Trauma Center: Under the Knife on my beloved DSi XL. Very fun and innovative game. Takes a bit of precision and practice to get those high rankings, though.

UTK2 is so awesome, loved the music a lot.

Haven't played part 2, yet. This first is already really good. Is the second one that much better?