The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

Age of Empires Online's unit AI. :rage:

Say your villagers are chopping wood, you told them to go chop wood and they're chopping the shit out of that wood. In-fact, they chopped that wood so hard that the tree fell down (tree no longer provides wood and your villagers need to find another). There are trees all around the area that they were just chopping down that tree a minute ago, you'd expect them to just keep going, right? Me too, and for the most part the villagers understand this and move on to the next nearby tree, but some of these fucking asshole villagers decide they don't want to keep chopping wood, they want to stand next to your storehouse and be useless assholes. Fine, at least the game tells me when they're being useless assholes and I can send them to a tree 2 feet from where they were just chopping some wood.

"I can imagine that would be pretty annoying, but where's the :rage: material?"

It would be hard to explain in words, and I can't figure out how to take screenshots in AoEO (Print screen method doesn't work either), so here's MS Paint:

Posted Image

Here is our villager chopping down some trees, no problems yet.

---

Posted Image

His finished gathering wood from that tree and it fell down, s'ok though he went to the nearby tree to keep doing his job.

---

Posted Image

This fucking retard of a villager decided to go around the cliff to chop some wood despite being having a nearby tree begging to be chopped down, making his round trip of wood gathering clock in at 40 seconds. The non-Guiltyspark villager in the previous picture completed his round-trip of wood gathering in 10 seconds.

When a villager stands around like a fucking moron because of this shitty AI, I only lose a couple seconds as finding and re-assigning him is easy. Annoying? Yes. Game-breaking? No. When a villager decides to make his wood gathering trip into a trek across the fucking map I have no idea he's doing it. Annoying? Fucking yes. Game-breaking? On most maps, no, but the whole point of this map is to gather a lot of wood in a short period of time, so yes it is. Usually it's only one or two villagers that decide to do this but I've seen up to 10 (FUCKING 10) of these pieces of shit running down the fucking cliff when there's perfectly good trees nearby.

What the fuck is this shit?

http://systemwars.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Smileys/laugh.gif http://systemwars.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Smileys/laugh.gif http://systemwars.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Smileys/laugh.gif

Can't you select an entire field of trees at once? :wonder:

Edited by Shadow

Can't you select an entire field of trees at once? :wonder:

I don't think so, I can't imagine how'd I go about doing that since the only way to assign a villager to chop down trees would be to right+click on a tree with the villager selected. There would be no way to send them to a grouping of trees since you'd need to have the trees selected as a group but you can't have two groups selected at once.

You can create a set of instructions for the units to do by shift+clicking on a bunch of different stuff, and they'll complete them in the order you set. However with gathering nodes they just go to the first node, chop one set of wood, return the wood to the storehouse, move on to the next tree in his queue, chop one set of wood, return the wood to the storehouse, etc. They don't stick on the tree until it's chopped down this way.

Been playing Smackdown vs Raw 2011, going for the 1000G :ben: Only ones left now are the ones to do with playing and winning a Royal Rumble online , but nobody is online anymore ;(

I re-installed and beat SC2 today. I've been playing ToV again, trying to wrap up the achievements in that. I also might finish up the achievements for Borderlands that I have access to but doing all of the long versions of those Underdome levels is egh

For someone who is new to Starcraft (don't laugh), should I play the first one or can I just jump into the second?

Just jump to the second.

If you didn't have any interest in playing the first Starcraft for all these years, then it probably won't appeal to you at this point in time. Like Cleotis said, just Wiki the story of the first game if you're interested in any holes in the story that Starcraft 2 doesn't provide answers for.

Might as well do what Sauce and Cleo recommend. Unless you really want to find out the story for yourself and you already have the game you can just cheat through the game - but you might as well save yourself the time and not try and get bad habits.

debating whether or not to get deus ex for my 360. it looks great, but i don't know if i'll have the time to finish at least one play through. though it would keep me busy until rage comes out. i finished puzzle agent. weird game. fun though, even if short and flawed. contre jour is godly. imagine limbo's art design mixed with cut the rope's gameplay.

Might as well do what Sauce and Cleo recommend. Unless you really want to find out the story for yourself and you already have the game you can just cheat through the game - but you might as well save yourself the time and not try and get bad habits.

Yeah. I'll wiki and watch the story of the first one on youtube and will just jump into the second one.

debating whether or not to get deus ex for my 360. it looks great, but i don't know if i'll have the time to finish at least one play through. though it would keep me busy until rage comes out.

i finished puzzle agent. weird game. fun though, even if short and flawed. contre jour is godly. imagine limbo's art design mixed with cut the rope's gameplay.

Did you ever play Catherine? :wonder:

Edited by Shadow