The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Just starting KOA: Reckoning. Always wanted to play it back in the day but couldn't justify paying much. Hope its fun. I really want Dragon's Dogma but I can wait.

PISSED that A Wolf Among Us isn't available in NA for PSN till the 15th

KoA, ugh.... I stopped playing it around the halfway point of the game, the game just gets so tiring. There are sooooo many sidequests, you clear one and then three more pop up. It quickly gets to the point to where you feel like you're not making any progress because the quests just never stop coming. The combat is entertaining for awhile but even that gets tiring after awhile.

I felt exactly the same

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

Posted Images

Played Wolf Among Us episode 1. They expanded on the mechanics in TWD but the structure is the same.. the game has nice atmosphere and so far a good plot. Can't really comment on the story since I've only played one episode, but I will say this time the choices are tougher and do feel like they have consequences unlike TWD, where most felt very superficial. I really like the characters as well, the twist they put on characters we already know was really good.

Also just got done with Dark Souls 2 beta. It wasn't the best thing ever but I really enjoyed it. I should be getting GTA5 tomorrow, so that will probably be the next thing I play.

Just starting KOA: Reckoning. Always wanted to play it back in the day but couldn't justify paying much. Hope its fun. I really want Dragon's Dogma but I can wait.

PISSED that A Wolf Among Us isn't available in NA for PSN till the 15th

Brilliant game. If you look at the world map, I've just reached the island on the far east side of map :happysad:, and I'm still hooked. But perhaps its due to the fact that I haven't played a WRPG (my fav genre) since Dragon Age 2 (not counting diablo 3), so I've been craving a game like this for a while now. I dropped GTAV to play this :meh:

The story is mediocre, character dialogues are boring, and the visuals are cheap (no surpise considering this was initially planned as an MMORPG WoW-clone :ben:).

The combat however is fun as fuck, and I'm making the most out of my experiance by doing the following:

1- Playing the game on hard, because it's too easy on normal.

2- Sidequests are fun and all, but I had to keep it at a minimum. I've read complaints in here and GAF of the huge number of side-quests, so if you let that shit consume you...the game will grow stale rather quick. I'm not saying to avoid them completely, just avoid the fetch quests, and chill the fuck out. Side-quests are fun if you did 1-3 for every main quest completed, just don't do too much that you end up hating the game lmao.

Also, by doing plenty of side-quests, you end up overpowering your character rather quickly, making the game pretty easy...even on hard. Enemies don't scale up, despite the world having an Oblivion-lite kinda feel to it.

3- I'm multi-classing between finesse and sorcery. Not only does this slow down your characters progression (making the game more challening), but you also open up and unlock more abilities, which in turn makes the game more enjoyable.

I've already put in 20+ hours into this bitch, and I still have it's attention :happysad:. All this, while I have other games like Mafia 2, SotC, Dead Space 3, Resistance 3, X-COM, Force Unnleashed 2, Alice 2...etc backlogged/on-hold :ben:

Lol damn bro. I'm doing magic/finesse as well. I am gonna have to take your advice on that. I'm already fucking annoyed with the fetch quests. I enjoy the combat tho. Hope this game lasts for me lol.

But yah, overall the world just seems kinda bland and shit.

Got a project winding down soon, and that means I can get back into GTA, Earthbound and Wonderful 101. 

In the mean time though, I've been playing a few games in bursts;

Chivalry (obviously). Taking a break from Archer class (which I've probably spend about 75% of my hours using so far) to play as the Man at Arms. I've gotten so good at melee with the archer class, that when I'm actually using a proper one-handed close range character I'm pretty damn good. I still use the oil pots despite them being nerfed heavily since last year, but mainly to wear down my opponent until I reach them. Saves me an extra hit, and that can make all the difference.

Super Mario World + Yoshi's Island. Never played either of these games when I was a kid (okay, maybe once or twice around a friend's house) so this is the very first time I've properly gotten into either and I have to say, they're both brilliant. Mario World is a bit of a whirlwind of changes at first for me, since SMB3 is pretty much my perfect Mario game, but some of the new features are brilliant, others I could take or leave. Yoshi's Island is a great departure of its own, and while I know most of the gameplay from Yoshi's Story, it plays very differently so it's pretty cool to discover it for the first time.

Got a project winding down soon, and that means I can get back into GTA, Earthbound and Wonderful 101. 

In the mean time though, I've been playing a few games in bursts;

Chivalry (obviously). Taking a break from Archer class (which I've probably spend about 75% of my hours using so far) to play as the Man at Arms. I've gotten so good at melee with the archer class, that when I'm actually using a proper one-handed close range character I'm pretty damn good. I still use the oil pots despite them being nerfed heavily since last year, but mainly to wear down my opponent until I reach them. Saves me an extra hit, and that can make all the difference.

Super Mario World + Yoshi's Island. Never played either of these games when I was a kid (okay, maybe once or twice around a friend's house) so this is the very first time I've properly gotten into either and I have to say, they're both brilliant. Mario World is a bit of a whirlwind of changes at first for me, since SMB3 is pretty much my perfect Mario game, but some of the new features are brilliant, others I could take or leave. Yoshi's Island is a great departure of its own, and while I know most of the gameplay from Yoshi's Story, it plays very differently so it's pretty cool to discover it for the first time.

That's awesome. That SMW music :bow:

Figured I'd try out the King of the Hill mode in Injustice. Beat the current king and then proceeded to go on a 20 Win winstreak. Dudes were getting soooo salty LMAO, they were screaming in their mics.

"Oh my god, someone beat this faggot!" (Ah, the classic 'faggot'... You know you're doing something right when people start screaming that at you.)

"Fuck you, spammer!" (How do you even spam with Batgirl? I don't know. Unless you count punches and kicks to the face spamming, then yeah, I was 'spamming'.)

"Jesus, he just keeps doing the same thing! He sucks so much!" (Probably because you guys weren't stopping it. If you're not going to stop it, I'm going to keep doing it. Don't blame me because you can't punish and prevent me from doing it.)

"Can we kick this fucker? He's terrible at this game" (And yet... I kept winning. If I'm terrible then what does that make the group of you?)

Good times. Good times. :ben:

:D

Sabotage what did you think of MK and how does it compare to injustice? I assume you liked it since they seem similar?

I only played MK a couple times and from the little bit of it I've played I didn't enjoy it. Injustice was fun right from the get-go for me, I'm really digging the game and the more time I put into it, the more I enjoy it. It also helps that this game has a very active community so it's very easy to find a game and get to playing. There's a broad spectrum of players too, players of all different types of skill levels ranging from your Ridiculously Good player down to your Just-bought-the-game-and-have-no-idea-what-I'm-doing-so-I'm-just-pushing-buttons player.

35% done with gta 5. What a fun, epic ride it's been so far. I actually love all 3 of the main characters equally (for different reasons though). Trevor is easily the funniest and most twisted...yet he's like a sweet, but demented, teddy bear. I haven't like a gta character since vercetti.

Sabotage what did you think of MK and how does it compare to injustice? I assume you liked it since they seem similar?

I only played MK a couple times and from the little bit of it I've played I didn't enjoy it. Injustice was fun right from the get-go for me, I'm really digging the game and the more time I put into it, the more I enjoy it. It also helps that this game has a very active community so it's very easy to find a game and get to playing. There's a broad spectrum of players too, players of all different types of skill levels ranging from your Ridiculously Good player down to your Just-bought-the-game-and-have-no-idea-what-I'm-doing-so-I'm-just-pushing-buttons player.

shiiiiet. I'm excited to play it. Gonna wait for the ultimate edition on that PS4.

edit: Kzero for some reason its not coming to Xbone :S

Edited by -CM-

I only played MK a couple times and from the little bit of it I've played I didn't enjoy it. Injustice was fun right from the get-go for me, I'm really digging the game and the more time I put into it, the more I enjoy it. It also helps that this game has a very active community so it's very easy to find a game and get to playing. There's a broad spectrum of players too, players of all different types of skill levels ranging from your Ridiculously Good player down to your Just-bought-the-game-and-have-no-idea-what-I'm-doing-so-I'm-just-pushing-buttons player. shiiiiet. I'm excited to play it. Gonna wait for the ultimate edition on that PS4.

Damnit, someone needs to get the Xbone version so I can play ;(

was i the only who thought the site was down for the last few days? :| the link i was regularly using just started leading to a blank page with "Welcome to Nginx!" at the top. Thought this forum was gone for good....

anyway i grabbed Divinity 2 off of the latest humble bundle and i've been pretty much addicted to it ever since. I think it might be the most underrated/overlooked WRPG this gen.

Edited by Twinblade

I'm gonna start plating guilty gear and persona or guilt gear and blaz pretty heavily. I don't think there are any other games I'm gonna buy until xbo. I have a ton of backlog games but I'll prob never finish or even start those.

And lol sabo, people rage hard on fighting games. They seriously lose their shit. It's hilarious. Unless I'm the one raging :bena:

shiiiiet. I'm excited to play it. Gonna wait for the ultimate edition on that PS4.

edit: Kzero for some reason its not coming to Xbone :S

Well damnit. That's odd considering there's even a vita port of it  :gerstmann:  . Ah well. Might have to snag for 360 or vita then  :9:

I'm gonna start plating guilty gear and persona or guilt gear and blaz pretty heavily. I don't think there are any other games I'm gonna buy until xbo. I have a ton of backlog games but I'll prob never finish or even start those.

And lol sabo, people rage hard on fighting games. They seriously lose their shit. It's hilarious. Unless I'm the one raging :bena:

:jonb:

Fighting games can get pretty heated though :D Especially when both players are playing online and doing what they must do, even if it means cheap tactics the other player doesn't know how to counter.

Played Wolf Among Us episode 1. They expanded on the mechanics in TWD but the structure is the same.. the game has nice atmosphere and so far a good plot. Can't really comment on the story since I've only played one episode, but I will say this time the choices are tougher and do feel like they have consequences unlike TWD, where most felt very superficial. I really like the characters as well, the twist they put on characters we already know was really good.

Also just got done with Dark Souls 2 beta. It wasn't the best thing ever but I really enjoyed it. I should be getting GTA5 tomorrow, so that will probably be the next thing I play.

sounds interesting but im not getting my hopes up when it comes to the choices. TWD had the big one in S1 but neither of those choices had an impact on the story (outside of the characters having different dialogue).

Edited by Twinblade

I'd definitely be down for some BB matches, I'd even play some Persona even though I don't like the game much.

As for people raging, yeah, it happens but the Injustice community is by far the worst I've come across for this sort of thing. That could also be because the community is also much larger than what I'm accustomed to so there's a larger pool of salty players but it does get kind of old to constantly run into rage quitters... Quiting out of the match gives you a loss anyways so you might as well stick around and finish the match.

:jonb:

Fighting games can get pretty heated though :D Especially when both players are playing online and doing what they must do, even if it means cheap tactics the other player doesn't know how to counter.

Not me. When I come across somebody beating me with the same tactic over and over again I IMMEDIATELY head into Training mode afterword. I then proceed to pick the character they were using, record the tactic they were using, and I won't leave Training mode until I figure out how to deal with it. I don't care if it takes me 15 minutes or 2 hours, I'm not leaving Training mode until I figure it out.