What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

Just now, Twinblade said:

I do wish Rings of Power were darker and grittier, but when it comes to production values it wipes the floor with GoT and House of Dragon.

no doubt, but rings is pretty bad (from what i've seen). shiny shit is still shit.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

no doubt, but rings is pretty bad (from what i've seen). shiny shit is still shit.

The show is good despite its faults. Episode 6 is up there with GoT's finest and overall the season ends stronger than it starts.

Its not on GoT's level but it has the potential to get there.

Just now, Twinblade said:

The show is good despite its faults. Episode 6 is up there with GoT's finest and overall the season ends stronger than it starts.

Its not on GoT's level but it has the potential to get there.

kids of thrones lol. i'm good.

12 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The many time jumps in House of the Dragon are really jarring. I feel a disconnect to the story and characters everytime they happen.

i get that. they didn't bother me, but i know some peeps who share your view.

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I feel like they ruined one of the characters 

Spoiler

Rhaenyra. She was a tough, independent young girl who was rebelling against the customs of her family and then in a flash she becomes a bloated housewife with 3 kids? She was my favorite character but I don’t find her at all relatable or interesting now.

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I feel like they ruined one of the characters 

Hide contents

Rhaenyra. She was a tough, independent young girl who was rebelling against the customs of her family and then in a flash she becomes a bloated housewife with 3 kids? She was my favorite character but I don’t find her at all relatable or interesting now.

Spoiler

Don’t worry, they are setting her up for epic things for season 2. Also, Daemon is the MVP :wow2:

• Upvote 1

I finished House of the Dragon. That was a hell of an ending, but I overall I have mixed feelings. The frequent time jumps are definitely my biggest problem with the show.

Spoiler

When you start to feel invested in the story and characters the show basically hits the reset button and throws older versions of the characters played by different actors at you. Even though they're the same characters you're suddenly looking at strangers with different personalities and you start to lose the attachment to them and their plight. The first half and 2nd half of the show basically feel like completely different productions as a result of this. I know some people didn't mind but I personally wasn't a fan of this style of storytelling. 

Oddly enough I actually think the soundtrack was the strongest and most consistent aspect of the show. It complemented the scenes in a better way than even OG Game Of Thrones' did.

• Like 1
On 2022-10-26 at 7:40 PM, Twinblade said:

I finished House of the Dragon. That was a hell of an ending, but I overall I have mixed feelings. The frequent time jumps are definitely my biggest problem with the show.

Hide contents

When you start to feel invested in the story and characters the show basically hits the reset button and throws older versions of the characters played by different actors at you. Even though they're the same characters you're suddenly looking at strangers with different personalities and you start to lose the attachment to them and their plight. The first half and 2nd half of the show basically feel like completely different productions as a result of this. I know some people didn't mind but I personally wasn't a fan of this style of storytelling. 

Oddly enough I actually think the soundtrack was the strongest and most consistent aspect of the show. It complemented the scenes in a better way than even OG Game Of Thrones' did.

Agreed, Alicent is not the same at all after the time jump. And so many kids, it's hard to keep track of all the names. Things happen at such a fast pace, characters dying don't hurt as much as they did in Game of Thrones because I didn't get to know them long enough. Still was a great season though and I hope season 2 will be different now that the characters are established.

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, z,warrior said:

Agreed, Alicent is not the same at all after the time jump. And so many kids, it's hard to keep track of all the names. Things happen at such a fast pace, characters dying don't hurt as much as they did in Game of Thrones because I didn't get to know them long enough. Still was a great season though and I hope season 2 will be different now that the characters are established.

it will be. season 2 will be seasons 3-5 level of GoT (according to the creators)

• Thanks 1
On 2022-10-24 at 3:33 PM, -GD-X said:

I really tried to get into the show.... I fell asleep on almost every episode.  It got to the point I started fast forwarding to the scenes I was interested in and skipping much of the snore inducing plot. 

• Like 1
On 2022-10-25 at 5:48 PM, -GD-X said:

Yea the time jumps didn't bother me one bit.  The transitions between the old characters and new characters were very well done. 

• Like 1

WTF TV news of the day: Starting with season 4 Liam Hemsworth will replace Henry Cavil as Geralt in The Witcher. What an absolutely bizarre thing to suddenly happen. They might have been better off just ending the show instead of continuing with an entirely different lead actor

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-witcher-renewed-for-season-4-by-netflix-liam-hemsworth-to-replace-henry-cavill-as-geralt-of-rivia

• Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

WTF TV news of the day: Starting with season 4 Liam Hemsworth will replace Henry Cavil as Geralt in The Witcher. What an absolutely bizarre thing to suddenly happen. They might have been better off just ending the show instead of continuing with an entirely different lead actor

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-witcher-renewed-for-season-4-by-netflix-liam-hemsworth-to-replace-henry-cavill-as-geralt-of-rivia

Henry Cavil reprised his role as Superman for the DC cinematic Universe.  It's safe to assume his schedule doesn't align with season 4 

44 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Henry Cavil reprised his role as Superman for the DC cinematic Universe.  It's safe to assume his schedule doesn't align with season 4 

I don’t think it’s that. The writers of the show recently bashed the books, so they’re probably taking the story in a direction that Henry Cavil isn’t a fan of (he loves the Witcher source material) so he probably quit as a result. I think that’s a more plausible theory.