What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

Witcher season 3 is pretty good. The episodes feel long for TV shows but in a good way. Pacing is far faster than expected but appreciated, even though I realized that I forgot much of season 2, so  I didn't even remember 2 of the bad guy characters. 

I hate season splitting, so have to wait for part 2. It sucks that Cavill won't be returning, it's going to be too jarring for some other dude to just step in and lesser Hemsworth is definitely not that guy that can make people forget anyone else. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

dude...i can't wait. curb is the greatest comedy ever.  i still watch scene over and over (from last season). shit cracks me up.     

Posted Images

On 2023-06-30 at 4:05 AM, Mr. Impossible said:

Hide contents

That the promoter/manger of the champion has a best friend get out of jail with a 0 professional record. In a last second card change for the fight he is promoting - he inserts his best friend with the 0 record in a world championship fight. Then challenges his best friend to a championship fight next. 

He wins the fight and gets a hero finish. No one would think this wasn't a set up. His fighter didn't even want a rematch for his championship title? 

As corrupt as boxing is, this would be a scandal to end all scandals. It was so absurd. 

I disagree about Majors acting. I hope he isn't guilty but if it turns out he is, Marvel has no chose but to release him. He's really good at giving expressive performances. You get there is more going and he did a good job of capturing a Cali goon. 

I had read some advice to watch that HBOmax show Lovecraft Country, but just the first episode.

And just leave it there, because the rest of the season becomes so underwhelming and downhill from there.

And I did, and it was pretty damn good first episode.

Jonathan Majors played a pretty good, if unrealistic, nerdy kid who grew up to be a smart, nerdy book-reading college student-slash-army-vet who has bulging muscles.

So I think that role stands out compared to his other recent roles.

Saw Extraction 2 over the weekend.

And I'm going to say that I liked it more than the first movie.

The first movie feels more "real-time event over the course of a day" in its premise.

But the sequel feels more fleshed out, and it helps that they went to multiple locations, whereas in the first movie it almost always stayed in Bangladesh.

They made more narrative use of the team he was with. They're not the most interesting group of people, but the first movie doesn't give them any at all.

The action sequences are more outlandish, to the point that they feel a bit ridiculous. But they are definitely more creative than the first movie.

I wish the ending tied in with the first movie, but instead it hints at a third movie, with a "mystery". It annoyed me it ended that way, but ultimately I kinda like seeing this continue for one more movie.

Saw the first couple of episodes of the new third season of Party Down on Starz last night.

The first 10 minutes of the first episode really agitated me. Something about the setting, how much uglier the entire cast looks, and the dialogue was really off-putting.

And then the final 15 minutes, shit sorta clicked, and the show felt like classic Party Down again.

And the second episode definitely felt like classic Party Down. So I'm glad.  I'll probably knock out the final remaining four episodes tonight.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I’m watching stuff on Starz too while I’ve got a 7 day trial linked to my Amazon prime account. Never heard of Party down though, so far I watched Spider-Man home something 2 and 3 (still hate the 2nd and damn the extended version of 3 is long… the animated Spider-Man movies are better though)

watching Passengersfor the first time, liking it so far. And hopefully before the trial runs out I’ll watch Fury, and the newest Charlie angels and Men in Black movie (all again)

Edited by z,warrior
8 hours ago, madmaltese said:

3 eps into Witcher S3. It's been decent enough. Nothing very special but also not bad. 

It's super gay this season. 

My main issue with this "Season" of Witcher,

Spoiler

It ends half way and very abruptly. They say it was planned but that's obviously a lie, that wasn't much of a cliffhanger. They just split it for $$$ purposes, and it leaves a bad taste. Hard to score or judge half a season before it really got it's wheels turning.

Edited by Substatic
2 hours ago, Substatic said:

My main issue with this "Season" of Witcher,

Hide contents

It ends half way and very abruptly. They say it was planned but that's obviously a lie, that wasn't much of a cliffhanger. They just split it for $$$ purposes, and it leaves a bad taste. Hard to score or judge half a season before it really got it's wheels turning.

Not ending on a cliffhanger doesn't mean it wasn't planned tho. 

The movie 65 is as interesting as as it's title. It's one of the most boring movies I've ever seen. It's new to Netflix this weekend and it stinks. There's nothing there to even hate or troll watch for. The premise is sort of interesting I guess and they do the absolute least they could wit it.