What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

great ep. That speech at the end was 🔥

big time! i can't wait to see the fallout. also,

Spoiler

seeing homelander still being able to fight off 3 supes is pretty scary. i mean...he's powerful as fuck, but i wasn't expecting that.

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

On Kenobi:

Spoiler

I was expecting Darth Maul in it so slightly disappointed about that.  I understand McGregor is interested in doing more though so we'll have to see what happens.  Really enjoyed the final clash between Vader and Kenobi though.

12 hours ago, Angelfish said:

On Kenobi:

Hide contents

I was expecting Darth Maul in it so slightly disappointed about that.  I understand McGregor is interested in doing more though so we'll have to see what happens.  Really enjoyed the final clash between Vader and Kenobi though.

Yeah, that was what I thought would happen too. 

I just came back from seeing Top Gun Maverick, and I was always going to go watch it, but I had just recently learned that they had footage designed for IMAX, so I went ahead and planned to go to an IMAX theater.

And I've never actually seen the first movie, I clearly know the gist of it, some scenes here and there.

That movie is pretty fucking amazing.

That's just damn good ESCAPISM.

You will feel like, for a brief moment, you are living back in the late 80's, or early 90's. When you went to go see a summer action movie, from Jerry Bruckheimer or 90's Michael Bay, and that shit was awesome.

Tom Cruise genuinely feels like old vintage Tom Cruise, for those who remember him from that period.

The entire movie is sold on these fantastic, realistic plane flying scenes. It absolutely proves that CGI simply cannot recreate scenes that involve speed.

The final 30 minutes, they are delivering THE GOODS, by the bucketload. And, even though I don't really care about Top Gun, or its original story, this movie makes it feel like the original movie NEEDED a sequel to tie up the story. The story is satisfying, everything is made well by the end, everyone is celebrating.

The IMAX was pretty damn good. This might be an upcoming 4K blu-ray purchase for me.

• Like 1
  • aitch 1
2 hours ago, jehurey said:

I just came back from seeing Top Gun Maverick, and I was always going to go watch it, but I had just recently learned that they had footage designed for IMAX, so I went ahead and planned to go to an IMAX theater.

And I've never actually seen the first movie, I clearly know the gist of it, some scenes here and there.

That movie is pretty fucking amazing.

That's just damn good ESCAPISM.

You will feel like, for a brief moment, you are living back in the late 80's, or early 90's. When you went to go see a summer action movie, from Jerry Bruckheimer or 90's Michael Bay, and that shit was awesome.

Tom Cruise genuinely feels like old vintage Tom Cruise, for those who remember him from that period.

The entire movie is sold on these fantastic, realistic plane flying scenes. It absolutely proves that CGI simply cannot recreate scenes that involve speed.

The final 30 minutes, they are delivering THE GOODS, by the bucketload. And, even though I don't really care about Top Gun, or its original story, this movie makes it feel like the original movie NEEDED a sequel to tie up the story. The story is satisfying, everything is made well by the end, everyone is celebrating.

The IMAX was pretty damn good. This might be an upcoming 4K blu-ray purchase for me.

Yeah, I wasn’t a huge fan of the original. However, the sequel was exactly what I needed. It also gave me a new appreciation for the original. 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Just got back from from Maverick as well... and yea, it was awesome. 

I really like that Lady Gaga song too.

Wow, have Jerry and Remi ever agreed on anything? This movie is going to tear a whole in the multiverse. 

• Haha 2
49 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Just watched the first episode of The Old Man. Wow, just wow. It's such a good build. Brutal, long fight scenes that are high impact but realistic. It's like John Wick meets no country for old men. 

I’ve been keeping my eye on this one. Lithgow and Bridges make an easy must watch. Glad to hear it’s awesome. 

• Thanks 1
56 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Another solid episode of The Boys. Great twist at the end too :smoke:

yeah, i have no clue how the finale is going to play out now. i had kind of wondered if

Spoiler

they shared DNA, since they are both fixated on jerking off instead of actually fucking lol.

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, Ike said:

I’ve been keeping my eye on this one. Lithgow and Bridges make an easy must watch. Glad to hear it’s awesome. 

Yeah, they are fantastic as always. I've been let down by all of the expensive Disney plus shows it feels good to be reminded of what premium channel television can be. 

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

yeah, i have no clue how the finale is going to play out now. i had kind of wondered if

Reveal hidden contents

they shared DNA, since they are both fixated on jerking off instead of actually fucking lol.

Lol I actually didn't think about that connection.

finished Stranger Things. i liked it. it's satisfying in many ways. however, i really wish this was the series finale. i liked the first part of season 4 (the 7 episodes) more.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, -GD-X said:

finished Stranger Things. i liked it. it's satisfying in many ways. however, i really wish this was the series finale. i liked the first part of season 4 (the 7 episodes) more.

So the whole 2nd part is just those 2 eps I see on Netflix? The first being 80 minutes long and the 2nd a whopping 2 and a half hours.....what a bizarre way to structure it.

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So the whole 2nd part is just those 2 eps I see on Netflix? The first being 80 minutes long and the 2nd a whopping 2 and a half hours.....what a bizarre way to structure it.

Yup. And there’s going to be a season 5. It could have easily ended with some tweaks to the season finale. 

• Like 1

Finally watched Last Night in Soho. The film’s fun, pop energy, initially, lured me into its 60’s romanticism. However, the demystifying of its respective period, by unearthing  the horror underneath the glamour, had me searching for the exit (this is a good and bad thing). The film was successful at making me feel tense and uncomfortable. However, the ending was too damn predictable. Still, I recommend watching it just for the film work, editing, musical numbers, wardrobe and performances. 7/10

• Like 1