RDR2 OT **Mark Spoilers**

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The people at giant bomb who would fawn over these type of Rockstar games have really begun to turn sour on this.   And its very similar to what you describe, they don't want to hate it, the

Lol the fact that theres an even a part 2 to the epilogue is kind of nuts. The game is much longer than I expected. The last dozen or so missions i've done have all been pretty bombastic and elaborate

Got to play a few more hours. This world truly is by a long shot the most realised and living, breathing world every created in gaming. There are so many cool little moments and the way there is so mu

Posted Images

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

ok, now that the hype has died down...does the game meet/exceed the hype? (i know DC loves it)

I like it more the further i get. Missions are becoming more elaborate in design and the game has slowed down with introducing all of its mechanics and systems, so Im more comfortable with the moment to moment gameplay. I still think its very flawed, if I were to rate it right now i'd give it a 8.5

• NPC 1

Regarding this believable and relateable character talk, can someone please explain to me how you are feeling this is the most believeable character ever when:

end Chapter 3 spoiler

If you have optional convos with the lady at the camp and in general talk with camp members he keeps saying how he is feeling bad about how much ppl he is killing yet that is literally followed up by one mission where you are murdering the entire town of Rhodes then the next where you murder everyone at the Braithwaite house except the single person that actually was at fault for Jack's disappearance (the head lady). It makes zero sense to me and it really taking me out of the 'believability' of it all. Especially since outside of story missions I do play as most as I can with little violence (which isn't much tbh). I'm feeling bad but oh well, time to reduce to population of every town we step in to to Zero.

The writing is great, the voice acting is great but the gameplay loop always ending in a massacre after 30 or so hours of play is dumb, regardless of where the story goes from here. Which sooner or later surely has him finally not listen to Dutch and his dumb ideas.

I'm still not done with the story but some of these later portions are pretty emotionally heavy, dark and deep. This is not a game, this is something else entirely.

I'm so far down the rabbit hole with this experience part of my brain is telling me it's something real. I'm astonished and grateful I had the opportunity to be a part of this, this is a landmark in the industry.

I don't think Rockstar have created the best video game, I don't think this is the GOTG, I think they've created the best entertainment experience to ever exist, flat out.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm so far down the rabbit hole with this experience part of my brain is telling me it's something real. I'm astonished and grateful I had the opportunity to be a part of this, this is a landmark in the industry.

lol ok.

you know we've seen movies before, right?