Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

The election thread

4 minutes ago, Vini said:

Because the idea of court stacking originated from him. 

It's still a stupid fuckin idea

:lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:he realized it...........a little too late:lawl::lawl:

I like how Vini has volunteered to lose more arguments.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So this is how you guys spent your Saturday

Saw this on twitter and thought it was funny  

Fuck Rick Scott.

What a surprise, piece of shit Scott Walker doesn't want to concede:

Republican Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is not conceding defeat to Democrat Tony Evers.

Unofficial results show Evers beat Walker by about 29,000 votes, or just over 1 percentage point, out of more than 2.6 million votes cast. State law only permits recounts for losing candidates who are within 1 percentage point.

Walker campaign spokesman Brian Reisinger says "we need the official canvass and for military ballots to be counted before any decision can be made."

Yes, there's 29,000 WIsconsin vets out there mailing in their ballots.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

lololol

nope.

My post:

And then your post responding to me:

Welp, you lost that one, quickly.

Yea keep dreaming

It's called FDR's court stacking plan in the dictionary you're the one drawing an equivalence to his stupidity. Like it's not exponentially dumber to repeat bad ideas in history. 

1 minute ago, Vini said:

Yea keep dreaming

It's called FDR's court stacking plan in the dictionary you're the one drawing an equivalence to his stupidity. Like it's not exponentially dumber to repeat bad ideas in history. 

No......you originally tried to say it was stupid because it was unconstitutional.

And then you were corrected...........which means Ocasio-Cortez knew something you didn't.

How can you speak to her intelligence when you didn't even know what was possible to begin with WHEN you were commenting on her intelligence?

5 hours ago, Vini said:

If Dems lose the house too tonight I'm hoping there will be some serious reflection on what they're doing pushing the country so far to the right. 

5 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

If Republicans lose the house tonight I'm hoping there will be some serious reflection on what they're doing pushing the country so far to the left. 

Whoops @Vini :hest:

Edited by Goukosan

Let's some it up @jehurey ITT

You misinterpreted an obvious intention in a tweet 

You failed to even understand what court stacking means

You posted a link trying to prove the wrong definition of court stacking that actually proved the opposite

You tried to claim that republicans are stacking the Supreme Court

You tried to claim posting the original tweet after a retweet constitutes changing sources

You tried to hinge  your victory over things of no significance like posting a picture of a tweet instead of the video or who brought up FDR first 

and

You were just literally defending a bad idea from a  president simply because he got re-elected. 

Did I miss anything?

Edited by Vini
4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Whoops Vini :hest:

Yea keep acting like that comparison made sense.

Dems losing both = Republicans losing just the house.

Yeah same amount of reflection needed. 

Just now, Vini said:

Yea keep acting like that comparison made sense.

Dems losing both = Republicans losing just the house.

Yeah same amount of reflection needed. 

You do know what republicans losing the house of representatives mean right? :takei:

Just now, Vini said:

Let's some it up @jehurey ITT

You misinterpreted an obvious intention in a tweet 

You failed to even understand what court stacking means

You posted a link trying to prove the wrong definition of court stacking that actually proved the opposite

You tried to claim that republicans are stacking the Supreme Court

You tried to claim posting the original tweet after a retweet constitutes changing sources

You tried to pivot  your victory over things of no significance to the argument like posting a picture of a tweet instead of the video or who brought up FDR first 

and

You were just literally defending a bad idea from a  president simply because he got re-elected. 

Did I miss anything?

No.

• You clearly wanted to talk about Ocasio-Cortez being "so fucking stupid"
  • You were clearly trying to imply that she is so dumb that she doesn't understand basic fundamentals of American governance.
  • You posted a tweet headline............and the main part you wanted to show was JUST THE HEADLINE...........and that headline purposely made a point to add the words "control by Congress" which insinuated that Ocasio-Cortez THOUGHT that they (Democrats) can appoint Supreme Court justices by just controlling Congress.
  • Two different people on this forum, me and Teh_Diplo, both interpreted that in the same exact way, and we clearly TOLD YOU that it looked like a misleading headline and we TOLD YOU what about it seemed misleading.
  • You never clarified yourself.
  • After I said that the right-winger is probably taking her out of context.......you post a video, implying that he wasn't taking her out of context.
  • The video clearly showed that he DID OMIT the rest of her sentence. Once again, two different posters pointed this out to you.
  • And ONLY THEN.............after that, did you attempt to shift over to "nah, nah...........its packing the courts, in general, that makes her stupid."
  • Which, of course, makes no logical sense to assess intelligence on something like that.

And you've been avoiding explaining that obvious flaw in logic, ever since.

Just now, jehurey said:

No.

• You clearly wanted to talk about Ocasio-Cortez being "so fucking stupid"
  •  You were clearly trying to imply that she is so dumb that she doesn't understand basic fundamentals of American governance.
  • You posted a tweet headline............and the main part you wanted to show was JUST THE HEADLINE...........and that headline purposely made a point to add the words "control by Congress" which insinuated that Ocasio-Cortez THOUGHT that they (Democrats) can appoint Supreme Court justices by just controlling Congress.
  • Two different people on this forum, me and Teh_Diplo, both interpreted that in the same exact way, and we clearly TOLD YOU that it looked like a misleading headline and we TOLD YOU what about it seemed misleading.
  • You never clarified yourself.
  • After I said that the right-winger is probably taking her out of context.......you post a video, implying that he wasn't taking her out of context.
  •  The video clearly showed that he DID OMIT the rest of her sentence. Once again, two different posters pointed this out to you.
  •  And ONLY THEN.............after that, did you attempt to shift over to "nah, nah...........its packing the courts, in general, that makes her stupid."
  • Which, of course, makes no logical sense to assess intelligence on something like that.

And you've been avoiding explaining that obvious flaw in logic, ever since.

That was all nonsense. And I don't have to explain you and diplo's misinterpretation of someone else's tweet that I never myself articulated. 

Its amazing how both me and Teh_Diplo both responded to you............and then you posted a video, and then both me and Teh_Diplo responded to you AGAIN...........STILL TALKING about Ocasio-Cortez clearly mentioning the proper procedure for passing Supreme Court justices through both Congress and the democrats having the Presidency.

................and at no point you never bothered to offer a clarification to two different people telling you the same thing. until AFTER we made fun of you and the video you posted. lol

Just now, jehurey said:

Its amazing how both me and Teh_Diplo both responded to you............and then you posted a video, and then both me and Teh_Diplo responded to you AGAIN...........STILL TALKING about Ocasio-Cortez clearly mentioning the proper procedure for passing Supreme Court justices through both Congress and the democrats having the Presidency.

................and at no point you never bothered to offer a clarification to two different people telling you the same thing. until AFTER we made fun of you and the video you posted. lol

lmao two different idiots misread something and I have to clarify it even though I didn't even write it. 

I have no doubt there's two more idiots on this forum you can find who would also have misread that. 

Just now, Vini said:

That was all nonsense. And I don't have to explain you and diplo's misinterpretation of someone else's tweet that I never myself articulated. 

Yes you do................you're the one posting it..............and the tweet consist of nothing but a headline.

And the MOST NOTABLE thing about the headline is how someone could believe that they could pass through Supreme Court Justices ONLY having needed to control Congress.

And the most logical association to your claim of her being "so.................fucking....................stupid" is to point out the most stupid insinuation in that tweet you posted.

Which was..........[drumroll]..........the part about just needing Congress.

1 minute ago, Vini said:

lmao two different idiots misread something and I have to clarify it even though I didn't even write it. 

I have no doubt there's two more idiots on this forum you can find who would also have misread that. 

Except for the fact that our interpretation makes more sense than your (latter) explaination????????:bena:

Its amazing, Vini. You honesty cannot get out of this perfect checkmate I got you in.

Just now, Vini said:

That's the most notable thing if you're mentally retarded sure

To me the most notable thing was the thing in quotes "pack the Supreme Court". 

No. Its the most logical interpretation.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............Vini, if YOUR (latter) interpreation is MORE LOGICAL.

Then explain it to me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, jehurey said:

Its amazing, Vini. You honesty cannot get out of this perfect checkmate I got you in.

That's your delusion. 

The only checkmate here is the infinite reply loop I have you in. Cause you're going to give up the last word before me I promise you that.