Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

The election thread

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Good thing I returned back to the main argument.

Let's do that again.............and see if you finally answer the question.

You said that Ocasio-Cortez was "so fucking stupid" ............but because of her insinuating about packing the court.

So, a simple yes or no question.............is FDR stupid? Or are the GOP stupid in that WaPo article I posted?

Explain the logic, please? Because it doesn't fit.

I already answered all of those you just chose to ignore them. I'll copy paste it for you:

The republicans are not attempting to pack the Supreme Court (a notion you suggested multiple times in this thread by the way). The WaPo article is about low level courts that have nothing to do with the SCOTUS. 

When it comes to FDR:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicial_Procedures_Reform_Bill_of_1937

As Michael Parrish writes, "the protracted legislative battle over the Court-packing bill blunted the momentum for additional reforms, divided the New Deal coalition, squandered the political advantage Roosevelt had gained in the 1936 elections, and gave fresh ammunition to those who accused him of dictatorship, tyranny, and fascism. When the dust settled, FDR had suffered a humiliating political defeat at the hands of Chief Justice Hughes and the administration's Congressional opponents.

You tell me

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So this is how you guys spent your Saturday

Saw this on twitter and thought it was funny  

Fuck Rick Scott.

5 minutes ago, Vini said:

I already answered all of those you just chose to ignore them. I'll copy paste it for you:

The republicans are not attempting to pack the Supreme Court (a notion you suggested multiple times in this thread by the way). The WaPo article is about low level courts that have nothing to do with the SCOTUS. 

When it comes to FDR:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicial_Procedures_Reform_Bill_of_1937

As Michael Parrish writes, "the protracted legislative battle over the Court-packing bill blunted the momentum for additional reforms, divided the New Deal coalition, squandered the political advantage Roosevelt had gained in the 1936 elections, and gave fresh ammunition to those who accused him of dictatorship, tyranny, and fascism. When the dust settled, FDR had suffered a humiliating political defeat at the hands of Chief Justice Hughes and the administration's Congressional opponents.

You tell me

No..........the question is what constitutes "stupidity" and how does talking about packing a court indicate one's intelligence.

We weren't talking about any other tangential subject besides that.

Stop avoiding................and answer the question about YOUR OWN LOGIC regarding your very first point about Ocasio-Cortz being "so fucking stupid"

Wisconsin governor's race has been called.

Tony Evers wins, Scott Walker is out. And the margin of victory is over 1 percentage point (1.6%) so it doesn't trigger a recount.  Evers was a candidate that was promoted by Bernie Sanders.

On the other hand, another Bernie candidate, Randy Bryce, the Ironstache, did not win against Paul Ryan's Republican replacement.

Edited by jehurey
6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No..........the question is what constitutes "stupidity" and how does talking about packing a court indicate one's intelligence

Oh right the question is what constitutes stupidity. I'll give you an idea of what constitutes stupidity:

Thinking posting the original tweet after a retweet means changing sources

pQcZ54J.jpg?1

:snoop:

Just now, Vini said:

Oh right the question is what constitutes stupidity. I'll give you an idea of what constitutes stupidity:

Thinking posting the original tweet after a retweet means changing sources

pQcZ54J.jpg?1

:snoop:

Except your not posting the video from Fox and Friends..............but rather that person's words in his tweet.  You used a screenshot..........why would you use a screenshot, when you wanted us to SEE A VIDEO??????????

Because you really weren't trying to show us a video...........but rather the words from that right-wing dipshit.

OOPS, guess you forgot that part. lol

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Except your not posting the video from Fox and Friends..............but rather that person's words in his tweet.  

You mean the person who also posted the video in the same tweet?

:D:D

Edited by Vini
2 minutes ago, Vini said:

You mean the person who also posted the video in the same tweet?

:D:D

Was that what you posted to begin with?????????

3 hours ago, Vini said:

She's also stupid as fuck

Screenshot-20181014-145925-Twitter.jpg

Click on your screenshot Vini.................does a video play?????????

"Why did you post a screenshot bro? Obviously I was stupidly mistaken about this guy's intention so now I'm gonna blame you because you only posted a screenshot and were probably just as stupidly mistaken. Even though the words "pack the court" were clearly in quotes almost as if accentuating the point of that tweet. Your fault bro should've posted the whole video". 

:D

Edited by Vini
4 minutes ago, Vini said:

"Why did you post a screenshot bro? Obviously I was stupidly mistaken about this guy's intention so now I'm gonna blame you because you only posted a screenshot and were probably just as stupidly mistaken. Even though the words "pack the court" were clearly in quotes almost as if accentuating the point of that tweet. Your fault bro should've posted the whole video". 

Which, once again, returns to my question.

What part about "packing the courts" is a big indicator that somebody is "so fucking stupid"????????????

And why wouldn't his headline merely be "Ocasio-Cortez says that she's going to 'Pack the courts'"???????????

Why does he need to type that last part of the sentence if you've already made your point?????????

Yikes. you just created an even steeper corner for yourself.

Just now, jehurey said:

What part about "packing the courts" is a big indicator that somebody is "so fucking stupid"????????????

The part where it spectacularly backfired on the last guy who tried it? 

Just now, Vini said:

So by that logic if Trump wins a second election his ideas are all solid? 

Sorry....................your not moving the subject.

How stupid is the idea????????????  Your answer was "as stupid as the most successful presidential candidate in American history"

Thats,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,your answer?????

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Sorry....................your not moving the subject.

How stupid is the idea????????????  Your answer was "as stupid as the most successful presidential candidate in American history"

Thats,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,your answer?????

So your measure of stupidity in an idea is how successful the originator is? How about FDR's Japanese internment camps? Should we try that since the most successful presidential candidate in history did it?

I'm just wondering how far off the deep end you're willing to go to defend your own stupidity

Edited by Vini
Just now, Vini said:

So your measure of stupidity in an idea is how successful the originator is? How about FDR's Japanese internment camps? Should we try that since the most successful presidential candidate in history tried it?

I'm just wondering how far off the deep end you're going to stoop to defend your own past stupidity. 

No, now you are talking about FDR being racist or xenophobic in decision making.

Nuh uh uh. You're metric is trying to measure their INTELLIGENCE............not their evilness.

Not gonna work. Let's go back to YOUR original claim.

How is FDR stupid..............how is this indicative of how intelligence? Explain that to me?

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, now you are talking about FDR being racist or xenophobic in decision making.

Nuh uh uh. You're metric is trying to measure their INTELLIGENCE............not their evilness.

Not gonna work. Let's go back to YOUR original claim.

How is FDR stupid..............how is this indicative of how intelligence? Explain that to me?

Whether FDR is stupid is not the question. The question is whether Ocasio-Cortez is stupid for willing to repeat a disastrous idea like that in history. 

Edited by Vini
Just now, Vini said:

Whether FDR is stupid is not the question. The question is whether Ocasio-Cortez is stupid for willing to repeat a disastrous idea like that

You just literally made that "the question" regarding FDR. lol

I'm not the one who related Ocasio-Cortez's ideas with FDR..............................you did, sweetheart.

Now explain your claim.

I'm waiting.

10 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I'm not the one who related Ocasio-Cortez's ideas with FDR..............................you did, sweetheart.

Because the idea of court stacking originated from him. 

It's still a stupid fuckin idea

Edited by Vini
On 2018-11-05 at 9:45 PM, DynamiteCop! said:

The red tide is going to roll in hard tomorrow :trump:

Republicans lose the house... this means.... 

The Democrats could now launch investigations into Mr Trump's administration and business affairs, from tax returns to potential conflicts of interest.

They could also more effectively block his legislative plans, dooming his signature promise to build a wall along the border with Mexico.

@DynamiteCop!     :bate:

Edited by Goukosan
1 minute ago, Vini said:

Nope that was you. I never even brought up FDR until you asked me if he was stupid too. FDR was a footnote in the definition of court packing. 

lololol

nope.

My post:

No. "Pack the Supreme Court" could mean specifically choose Justices that are significantly more liberal that what previous Democratic Presidents may have chosen.

It could mean choosing significantly younger justices that will stay there for a long period of time.

Especially with Mitch McConnell's rules, a simple Senate majority can pass a hard liberal justice. And vice versa.

You were making fun of the "just the Congress" line, dude....................stop trying to play stupid.

The right-wing dipshit you were quoting CLEARLY tried to depict it like that.

Pick your poison.............either you are admitting to being TOO STUPID to read his tweet correctly, or you're being too stupid now trying to make up crazy scenarios.

And then your post responding to me:

3 hours ago, Vini said:

Right kinda like FDR's "supreme court packing" plan that the Congress found unconstitutional. 

You're now defending increasing the number of justices so you can pack the supreme court with young liberals?

You can't be serious with this shit

Welp, you lost that one, quickly.