Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

The election thread

Just now, McWickedSmawt85 said:

Mueller just got all the protection he needs.  Don Jr. is about to get fucked, hard.

Not necessarily; like I mentioned earlier. Yes, the House can open investigations,  and issue subpoenas, but with the GOP majority in the Senate, trump can safely dump Jeff Sessions, install a new AG, and remove Rosenstein.

on top of that, Trump can now also claim each time nothing is passed legislatively, that it's all Nancy Pelosi's fault for the Dems controlling Congress. 

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So this is how you guys spent your Saturday

Saw this on twitter and thought it was funny  

Fuck Rick Scott.

2 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

If you listen to the clip, she explains that "they take back the house, the senate, and the White House and pack the court".

The tweet above takes it out of context to make it seem like she specifically said just get Congress and we get SCOTUS.

How the hell do you "pack the court" by taking all 3 of them? By adding more? By assassinating existing justices? Does she expect to hold onto all 3 for the indefinite future?

It's a stupid fuckin thing to say regardless

Not that I would expect intelligence from a communist

Edited by Vini
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Vini said:

How the hell do you "pack the court" by taking all 3 of them? By assassinating existing justices? Does she expect to.hold onto all 3 for the forceeable future?

So you're admitting to having communist ties?

• Haha 1
Just now, Teh_Diplomat said:

Not necessarily; like I mentioned earlier. Yes, the House can open investigations,  and issue subpoenas, but with the GOP majority in the Senate, trump can safely dump Jeff Sessions, install a new AG, and remove Rosenstein.

on top of that, Trump can now also claim each time nothing is passed legislatively, that it's all Nancy Pelosi's fault for the Dems controlling Congress. 

The House Investigations Committee can re-commission a Special Counsel again. They can authorize a budget.

1 minute ago, Vini said:

How the hell do you "pack the court" by taking all 3 of them? By assassinating existing justices? Does she expect to hold onto all 3 for the indefinite future?

Actually, you can ADD MORE Supreme Court justices.

I love how ............you just attempted to CHANGE what your argument was. You never insinuated that this was your argument.

Please, don't waste your time pretending that it was. Its not going to work.

1 minute ago, Vini said:

Let's not forget when Shapiro challenged Occasio to a debate which she likened to cat calling

:D

Yeah that was BS, but don't pivot away from your self-ownage. :|

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

Actually, you can ADD MORE Supreme Court justices.

Oh so that's what she meant? Obviously. Who's editing who now?

This chicks fuckin retarded

Edited by Vini
Just now, Vini said:

Don't see any ownage, "pack the supreme Court" is a stupid thing to say. 

How is it a stupid thing to say, and not a viable strategy that the GOP is currently undertaking?

Mitch McConnell stonewalled  Merrick Garland, got Gorsuch into Scalia's seat, and stuck with Kavanaugh through the allegations to get another Conservative judge.

And it wasn't ownage, it was self-ownage.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Vini said:

Oh so that's what she meant? Who's editing who now?

This chicks fuckin retarded

No. She can simply mean that they will eventually control the Supreme Court by staying in power.

Did you honestly think you would SUCCESSFULLY try to move the topic away from what YOU said?????????

LOL, nope. Didn't work. This is, basically, your admission that you know you messed up.

5 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

How is it a stupid thing to say, and not a viable strategy that the GOP is currently undertaking?

Mitch McConnell stonewalled  Merrick Garland, got Gorsuch into Scalia's seat, and stuck with Kavanaugh through the allegations to get another Conservative judge.

And it wasn't ownage, it was self-ownage.

Nah. You're the one latching on to the Senate quote, I'm referring to "pack the supreme Court". Stonewalling is not at all what she was talking about. What she's suggesting is improbable and just mind bogglingly dumb

Edited by Vini
16 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

The house appoints the special investigators, though.  If Mueller's fired, he just gets reappointed.  That's my understanding.

8 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Omg there may be a recount in Florida in the senate race.  Kill me 

edit: electronic hold up gah 

That is why NBCnews called it as the "Apparent Winner" rather than "Projected Winner" because of Gillum giving a concession speech.

But it shrank back down to 0.8%, so that puts it into automatic recount territory.

Knowing Florida, can you imagine how many provisional ballots may be out there? Or mail-in ballots that may have not been received yet?

My mistake, this applies to Scott Nelson-Rick Scott.

Technically, Gillum did close the gap to exactly 1.0% percent with 99% precints reporting.

Edited by jehurey
2 minutes ago, Vini said:

Nah. You're the one latching on to the Senate quote, I'm referring to "pack the supreme Court". That's not at all what she was talking about. What she's suggesting is improbable and just mind bogglingly dumb

No. "Pack the Supreme Court" could mean specifically choose Justices that are significantly more liberal that what previous Democratic Presidents may have chosen.

It could mean choosing significantly younger justices that will stay there for a long period of time.

Especially with Mitch McConnell's rules, a simple Senate majority can pass a hard liberal justice. And vice versa.

You were making fun of the "just the Congress" line, dude....................stop trying to play stupid.

The right-wing dipshit you were quoting CLEARLY tried to depict it like that.

Pick your poison.............either you are admitting to being TOO STUPID to read his tweet correctly, or you're being too stupid now trying to make up crazy scenarios.