Switch Will Outsell PS4 Worldwide Next Year, Xbox One Will Be Third - Strategy Analytics Prediction

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

and Switch finished development in 2016. 

So delay the system another year to develop the NVN APIs for X2,  to R&D the power consumption for a portable and to Mass produce X2 for launch lol

Everything is pointing to a Switch revision in 2019 with X2. 

The Switch 2 will use something else. 

TDP is identical. NVN API development is assumption and the real reason is because X2 would have been too expensive, simple as that. Using an X2 for "Switch Pro" would be a waste. It's not going to be that much better than an X1, especially if its in handheld form.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saving Private Butthurt, over here.

Congrats on the massive sales to come sheep

17 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

TDP is identical. NVN API development is assumption and the real reason is because X2 would have been too expensive, simple as that. Using an X2 for "Switch Pro" would be a waste. It's not going to be that much better than an X1, especially if its in handheld form.

Not just expensive.   More  Time + Expensive.   

Launch would have had to be pushed back further to mass produce, r&d for  X2 Switch handheld form etc because of how close the X2 was released to Switch being completed development. 

X1 was already mass produced when Switch was being developed.   Switch with X1 was already completed in 2016.   

You do know that Nvidia and Nintendo signed a decades long partnership right?  Im saying that to say, the Switch pro  and Switch 2 will use Nvidia's chips. 

The available Tegras right now are a X1  and an X2.   X1 was already used in Switch 1.

You yourself said the power increase between X1 and X2 isn't that large (which coincidentally would make a good choice for a revision).    An over clocked and X1 for Switch pro wouldn't yield better results than ane  X2. 

So this brings me back to my original point.   The Switch 2 will use a different newer Nvidia chip (what ever is next on the road map) besides the X1 and X2. 

If you think the X2 is not a huge enough increase over X1 for a Switch 1 pro,  what makes you think it would be enough for  a Switch 2 in 2020/21.

What Nvidia chips do you think the Switch pro and eventual Switch 2 will use? 

Edited by Goukosan
1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

The Switch won't be getting a succcessor any time soon, at best you'll get a Pro version. This solves nothing.

Everything needs to run on base, and it's still just mobile hardware. Forget next-gen ports, it's not happening

2 to 3 years away is not soon. 

Why are you acting as if 2021 is tomorrow or something :mj:

Just now, Team 2019 said:

Switch is not getting a succssor in a mere 5 years, and it's still mobile hardware regardless it's not running anything next-gen with 2021 mobile hardware.

You went from anytime soon... to "a mere 5 years"... to try to down play a 5 year upgrade upgrade cycle. 

Nvidia and Nintendo didn't sign a decades long partnership only SOLELY for an X1 :mj:

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I don't get your point at all. So you're basically hyping a Switch Pro?

My point is Nintendo didn't go into a 20 year partnership with Nvidia just to use ONLY an X1 moving forward. 

My intial point was that Switch 2  (whenever it releases) will use a newer NVidia SOC than X1 and X2.   Whatever is next on Nvidia's road map for Mobile tech. 

Just now, Team 2019 said:

Well there is a report from a legit source that says there will a 2019 Switch revision (Pro, XL, Small or whatever we don't know).

There is a big difference between a Switch Pro and Switch 2. Totally different products and cycles.

read the thread captain obvious. 

Already covered that Switch Pro and 2 are different products. 

Not just expensive.   More  Time + Expensive.   Launch would have had to be pushed back further to mass produce, r&d for  X2 Switch etc.  

X1 was already mass produced when Switch was being developed.   Switch with X1 was already completed in 2016.   

You do know that Nvidia and Nintendo signed a decades long partnership right?  Im saying that to say, the Switch pro  and Switch 2 will use Nvidia's chips. 

The available Tegras right now are a X1  and an X2.   X1 was already used in Switch 1.

You yourself said the power increase between X1 and X2 isn't that large (which coincidentally would make a good choice for a revision).    An over clocked and X1 for Switch pro wouldn't yield better results than ane  X2. 

So this bring me back to my original point.   The Switch 2 will use a different newer Nvidia chip (what ever is next on the road map) besides the X1 and X2. 

If you think the X2 is not a huge enough increase over X1 for a Switch 1 pro,  what makes you think it would be enough for  a Switch 2 in 2020/21.

What Nvidia chips do you think the Switch pro and eventual Switch 2 will use? 

I don't agree with it increasing time of development at all. X2 was in already in conception stage in 2015 or maybe even earlier and a prototype by CES 2016 (January). We'll leave that at that.

X1 was about as mass produced as whatever product was utilizing it at the time... AKA, nothing to ride home about and certainly nothing even remotely close to the mass production of Switch.

I understand there's a partnership, who cares?

X2 isn't a "revision" it's a completely different SoC. A Switch revision for next year is hearsay, anyways. A revision of hardware is PS4 > PS4 Pro or XB1 > XBX. PS4 Pro/XBX are literally the same APU with additional cores and a minuscule clock boost.

So like I said, going to X2 would be a waste because it wouldn't be that much more powerful nor would it be anymore competitive. The only benefit would be that you actually get to the desired resolution of the screen, some enhanced graphical effects and a stable 30fps while consuming about the same amount of power. Nintendo should be revising the terrible reception in the Joy-Cons, improving screen quality and addressing the shell design to prevent cracking whilst redesigning the dock as well. They should also modify the SoC for that supposed vulnerability.

Nintendo should wait until 2020 or 2021 to release their next handheld/console with a Xavier variant or something custom between Xavier and NVIDIA's next generation chip after that. That would be the ideal time since Switch hardware will start to show its age and not look as attractive.

4 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Nintendo should wait until 2020 or 2021 to release their next handheld/console with a Xavier variant or something custom between Xavier and NVIDIA's next generation chip after that. That would be the ideal time since Switch hardware will start to show its age and not look as attractive.

So you said all that to agree with my original point that Switch 2 in 2020 or 2021 will use a newer chip than x1 or x2 from Nvidia lol 

Edited by Goukosan

So you said all that to agree with my original point that Switch 2 in 2020 or 2021 will use a newer chip from Nvidia lol 

No, you said "Switch Pro" would use X2 and I explained why it shouldn't. I never implied they wouldn't use a new chip for Switch 2. You're not even paying attention.

No, you said "Switch Pro" would use X2 and I explained why it shouldn't. I never implied they wouldn't use a new chip for Switch 2. You're not even paying attention.

My original post. 

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

so in two years from now? lol

Switch will be almost 4 years by then. NVidia should have a new Tegra SOC by then for the Switch 2.

and your response to my Switch 2 newer SoC comment. 

1 hour ago, lynux3 said:

What makes you think Nintendo would be opting for a new Tegra SoC? The Switch right now doesn't even use a new Tegra SoC. The X1 came out in 2015.

pay attention he says..lol

My original post. 

and your response to my Switch 2 newer SoC comment. 

pay attention he says..lol

When I said opting for a new Tegra SoC I meant as in their current in-development SoC which I've explained in that very comment which you failed to comprehend. X1 was completed in 2015 which showed in Switch two years later. You're having a hard time keeping up.

When I said opting for a new Tegra SoC I meant as in their current in-development SoC which I've explained in that very comment which you failed to comprehend. X1 was completed in 2015 which showed in Switch two years later. You're having a hard time keeping up.

Switch was finished in 2016...one year later. 

You spun around the globe to end the up agreeing with my original point that Switch 2 will use a newer SOC than X1 & X2 :mj:

6 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Switch was finished in 2016...one year later. 

You spun around the globe to end the up agreeing with my original point that Switch 2 will use a newer SOC than X1 & X2 :mj:

You're so caught up in your own web of bullshit you don't even realize what the argument was. Nice try. :drake:

10 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

You're so caught up in your own web of bullshit you don't even realize what the argument was. Nice try. :drake:

Umm... I made the first point about Switch 2...which you quoted... then posted for 2 hrs only to agree with my original point from two hrs ago. 

Seems like you didn't realize what my original point was.... only took you 2 hrs to finally catch up:mj: