Switch Will Outsell PS4 Worldwide Next Year, Xbox One Will Be Third - Strategy Analytics Prediction

Just now, Goukosan said:

Very DynamiteCop of you to avoid the main point that Switch 2 will use a newer Chip and focus on the sub point that is the Switch Pro is rumored to opt for the X2. 

So you disagree with my sub point but agree with my main point....almost 3 hrs later now.... :sabu:

You want this to be about Switch 2 so badly you're still talking about it. Unbelievable. :tom:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saving Private Butthurt, over here.

Congrats on the massive sales to come sheep

5 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

It's worse than I thought. The entire time I was explaining why moving to X2 is a waste, but he wanted it to be about Switch 2 so bad so he could argue just for the sake of arguing. :shake: Not once did I imply Nintendo wouldn't use a new SoC for Switch 2, but I did imply that it wouldn't be the newest in-development SoC because well... look at the Switch. It's using a SoC from 2015. Somehow this logic escapes him. I even provided NVIDIA next Tegra chip architectures in reference to Switch 2 and it still went over his head. :drake:

3 hours ago, Goukosan said:

so in two years from now? lol

Switch will be almost 4 years by then. NVidia should have a new Tegra SOC by then for the Switch 2.

My first post about this was about the Switch 2 :cmpunk1:

Edited by Goukosan
2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

My first post about this was about the Switch 2 :cmpunk1:

What makes you think Nintendo would be opting for a new Tegra SoC? The Switch right now doesn't even use a new Tegra SoC. The X1 came out in 2015.

You still haven't figured out what 2+2 is I see. :tom:

Edited by lynux3

All of this "Switch Pro" stuff is pretty hilarious, there's zero credence to any of it and even worse than that is the lack of need for its existence.

Why do the Xbox One X and the PlayStation 4 Pro exist? To make use of a newer display technology, does anyone actually think a "Switch Pro" would be a 4K device? Fuck no, which means it would be trying to target 1080p an extremely old display technology, in other words it would be making up for the mistake the Switch is while the other two have a valid reason to exist.

Fucking Nintendo lol :hest: 

11 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

There is no magic solution coming to Switch's hardware issue no matter how much sheep pray upon it. It's delusion.

I think the solution is in the dock.

Dynocrap actually said something accurately

does anyone actually think a "Switch Pro" would be a 4K device? Fuck no

Of course Nintendo is not going to turn the HANDHELD into a cutting edge 4K device.

.............but they room to turn the TV aspect into better performing hardware. Via the dock.

Once again, I'm going to point to a chinese forum leak from October 2016.

On 2017-10-28 at 3:09 PM, jehurey said:

In October, there was a chinese forum in which there was a person saying that he was stress-tester for the GPU/CPU at the foxconn plant. He accurately gave the weight of the handheld unit by itself (no joycons), he accurately told us the colors of the joycons (gray and neon blue, red) and I think he described some buttons on the joycons. He accurately got the battery mAH down on the dot. So he had credibility.

So this guy also said that there was another unit that had 3 processor chips in it, meaning 1 CPU and 2 GPU, one GPU chip was bigger than the other, which appeared to be same as the other switch units.

He also said that this prototype unit (which is probably a devkit) was much too heavy to be held as a handheld unit. It had a screen display on it and it had a built-in power supply.

So, one of the people at neogaf, who actually know a thing or two about nVidia hardware, determined that the size of the GPU is very close to an nVidia 1060 die. This devkit was basically simulating a regular Switch handheld being combined with an additional GPU, and both of those together are meant as a console system that has no battery (in other words, must be connected to power at all times).

So that describes a new dock that the Switch sits in.

Nintendo makes you pay $300 for the Switch in 2017, and then another $250 in 2019 to improve the experience.

That's them charging people $550 over the course of 2.5 years for hardware.

That buys them until 2021 to get a sufficiently powerful enough (yet efficient enough) nVidia mobile processor to make a true Switch 2 that can deliver cutting edge next-gen games to a 1440p handheld screen.

16 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

That was your RESPONSE TO MY SWITCH 2 POST retard..

You then agreed two hrs later :sabu:

And amazingly enough you still haven't put it together because your incompetence overshadows logic. Switch released March 2017 and it's using X1 which released Q2 of 2015 (April-June). Let me re-quote myself and see if it's enough to stick on your feeble mind.

What makes you think Nintendo would be opting for a new Tegra SoC? The Switch right now doesn't even use a new Tegra SoC. The X1 came out in 2015.

Which then I suggested that Switch 2 should use Tegra Xavier (2018) or something in between that and their next generation chip Orin (2019) for the release in 2020 or 2021. Now I'll sit here and wait for you to play dumb like the dipshit you are. :sabu:

Edited by lynux3
4 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Well no one is going to design a game exclusive to a fucking dock. Unless you want to go all Donkey 64 and Perfect Dark Zero that required the memory pak. It's unrealitsic to put it lightly.

They probably don't have to.

Just port third-party games to run on the dock only.

Maybe, and this is speculation on my part, but maybe the dock will have its own CPU in there, and technically the handheld wouldn't be necessary.

Knowing Nintendo, they'd probably throw in 128GB of cheap flash memory, or maybe just tell people to use the USB ports and buy their own portable hard drive.

8 GB of RAM, and probably a power brick that is separate from the dock, to keep the dock small enough in size.

7 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Which then I suggested that Switch 2 should use Tegra Xavier (2018) or something in between that and their next generation chip Orin (2019) for the release in 2020 or 2021. Now I'll sit here and wait for you to play dumb like the dipshit you are. :sabu:

Which was an agreement to what I said before that Switch 2 will be using a newer NVidia SOC. 

You agreed with me and still want to argue :drake:

Carry on Dynolynux... not going to Argue with you for agreeing with me .. just took you hours to catch up to me :bena:

The whole point of current hardware revisions is to have zero negative impact on base hardware while offering a higher end options. Nothing else makes sense imo. And that's not out of love of hardware, it's to avoid a mid gen and end gen massive hardware decline in sales. Dock doesnt solve that in the slightest and affects only the stationary gaming, not portable. Too limited, gimped and expensive imo.

5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Which was an agreement to what I said before that Switch 2 will be using a newer NVidia SOC. 

You agreed with me and still want to argue :drake:

Carry on Dynolynux... not going to Argue with you for agreeing with me .. just took you hours to catch up to me :bena:

It didn't take hours at all. It was literally 2-3 comments later. You just decided to dismiss it and act a fool the entire time ignoring your Switch Pro comments and trying to make it about Switch 2. Unfortunately for you, that failed catastrophically and you got beat down. Take the L. :shrug: 

Just now, Goukosan said:

So you finally agree that you agreed with me... took you long enough to admit that :drake:

I never agreed with you. I came to my own projections based on logic. You're still trying to get reoriented from all the twisted bullshit you've been spewing for 3 hours. :mj:

10 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

The whole point of current hardware revisions is to have zero negative impact on base hardware while offering a higher end options. Nothing else makes sense imo. And that's not out of love of hardware, it's to avoid a mid gen and end gen massive hardware decline in sales. Dock doesnt solve that in the slightest and affects only the stationary gaming, not portable. Too limited, gimped and expensive imo.

There is no way to deliver PS4pro/XBX levels of gaming on a handheld at this point in time.

Might as well give Nintendo owners an OPTION to have the ability to play multiplat games for the next 2-3 for $250-$300.

Your handheld experience is not affected, in fact it could be improved if the dock helps process the game at better performance.

Zero negative impact. If you already own the PS4 and Xbox, then you don't need to upgrade the Switch dock.

But if you are a Switch owner, and you don't own the PS4 and XBX, an upgraded dock is an easy way to get into those types of games.

You guys are speculating too hard on unknowns.  Nintendo doesn't have to release a Switch Pro to keep up.  All they'd have to do is alter the marketing and sell a version of the switch without a dock as a pure handheld.  Ain't nobody in the history of gaming refuse to buy a handheld just because the consoles existed.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

You sheep sound like the lemmings right now hoping for a savior from garbage hardware, the difference being there's nothing coming for you.

You're stuck with that garbage AS IS for another five years at least.

LOL Dynocrap is LITERALLY TYPING things to make himself feel better, even though nobody is listening to him.

All because he's really bitter about Xbox One X failing in sales.

Nintendo is going to have only one hardware product for AT LEAST 6.5 years, according to Dynocrap.

When that has never happened in Nintendo's history in video games.