Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sheep get the fuck out of this thread. 

Cows paid $400 extra for a 10fps difference  

5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Capcom in-house graphics engine. :bow: 

DMCV is looking amazing as well.

Jon seems to think DMCV looks even better than RE2 (but I think that's just because the X version of RE2 is pretty soft), but I haven't seen it yet in person so it very well could be.

Imagine if they were targeting just 30fps in these games?  Not that they should do that or anything, but I'm sure the engine has lots of ability they haven't even fully tapped into yet.

Next gen RE Engine games are going to be ridiculous :whew: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Jon seems to think DMCV looks even better than RE2 (but I think that's just because the X version of RE2 is pretty soft), but I haven't seen it yet in person so it very well could be.

Imagine if they were targeting just 30fps in these games?  Not that they should do that or anything, but I'm sure the engine has lots of ability they haven't even fully tapped into yet.

Next gen RE Engine games are going to be ridiculous :whew: 

I also think DMCV looks better, slightly.

RE Engine on next-gen hardware.

giphy.gif 

5 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i'm too lazy to watch the analysis video. which version should i get? i'm going to get it digitally, so i can play it at midnight. 

PS4 looks a bit sharper but more aliased.  X1X looks a bit softer but smoother.  X1X runs better than the PRO during gameplay, holding 60 far more often.  Both can dip during cutscenes, but PRO seems a tiny bit better.

So... that probably didn't help you because they both have their ups and downs.  Choose either or really... you're going to get a great game either way. :smoke: 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

PS4 looks a bit sharper but more aliased.  X1X looks a bit softer but smoother.  X1X runs better than the PRO during gameplay, holding 60 far more often.  Both can dip during cutscenes, but PRO seems a tiny bit better.

So... that probably didn't help you because they both have their ups and downs.  Choose either or really... you're going to get a great game either way. :smoke: 

tru dat. 

10 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i'm too lazy to watch the analysis video. which version should i get? i'm going to get it digitally, so i can play it at midnight. 

Pro and X both run at 1620p, X has AA applied which creates a softer but more stable image, Pro has no AA which produces a sharper but noisy image with artifacts and aliasing.

During gameplay X holds to 60 FPS like 99.5% of the time while the Pro is more 85% of the time. Pro has random dips of 3-8 FPS and can cripple during intense scenes into the mid-40's while the X is at either 60 FPS or at a low of 54-55.

X drops more frames in cutscenes than the Pro but gameplay is far more stable.

• Upvote 1
Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Visually they're close, performance they're not.

eh  they seem minor. so, minor framerate drops vs. sharper image. again, i'll let my quarter decide for me. i didn't realize it was so close. 

13 minutes ago, -GD- said:

eh  they seem minor. so, minor framerate drops vs. sharper image. again, i'll let my quarter decide for me. i didn't realize it was so close. 

They're close... check the analysis chart out. DynamiteCop can't accept the fact that for some games Pro and X will be close. 

He is so in denial he called Capcom "Lazy"  because the pro version is close to X... lol

1h6kv8.jpg

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

They're close... check the analysis chart out. DynamiteCop can't accept the fact that for some games Pro and X will be close. 

He is so in denial he called Capcom "Lazy"  because the pro version is close to X... lol

1h6kv8.jpg

Where is that graph even coming from? It's an unsourced chart. That's not from VG Tech and absolutely doesn't represent what you see in the analysis as far as performance is concerned.

Out of 24,866 frames this is saying the Pro only drops 327 frames which totals to a mere 4.5 seconds of frame loss out of 6 minutes and 40 seconds of analysis. That doesn't in the slightest line up with what you actually see in his video.

Edited by DynamiteCop!
42 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Buying Resident Evil 2 in 2019  :D 

I don't care if it's a fully 3D created version.   It's a old new game. 

:killzone: And REmake was a shit game because it's a old new game. 

IGN gave the game an 8.8 originally, but then retracted a part of their review because one of the criticisms they had against it was that the scenarios for both characters was largely the same... In their mistake, they essentially only played half the game.. The "A scenario" for each character.. completely missing the ways it changes the game in the "B scenario" or "2nd run"... They corrected their mistake and now the game is a 9/10 :D 

This is from a ResetERA member

Hilarious situation has emerged here. The IGN review for RE2 gave the game an 8.8 and included a bizarre section where the reviewer claimed that two scenarios for the game consisted of the same content, puzzles, enemies, and narrative, just with different playable characters. This is of course wildly inaccurate, and betrays the fact that the reviewer clearly didn't play an entire half of the game. They just played the same scenario twice, once with each protagonist. The review was later updated to cross out that section, and then updated again to delete the section altogether, change the score to 9.0, and add this note:

[Editor's Note: This review has been updated to correct a factual error regarding the way you unlock the 2nd Game mode, and as a result, the score has been increased from 8.8 to 9.0. We regret the error and really like Resident Evil 2.]

bq758e1.jpg

Fucking IGN... :D  Clearly the idiot didn't play the 2nd scenario and thus didn't do his job properly.  With this and that other incident of plagiarism with that other reviewer isn't a good look. :tom: