Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Poor people should just die to be honest 

It's like ghostz just woke up today and learned that Tax codes exist 

%70  

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, ghostz said:

At that’s exactly how it should be. Those ppl making 50k one day desire to have 10 million a year or more, you and Jerry realize won’t ever be in your cards so your thought is of course tax these people unfairly 

Not just that, imagine they one day become incredibly successful and then start getting hit with a 70% tax rate. It completely kills the motivation to become rich and successful, you're penalized for your dream and doing everything right to get there.

How much of a chump do you have to be to carry water for millionaires who don't do the same for you?

Wow. I mean, talk about putting the carriage before the horse.

Its getting mad because the celebrity superstar that you wish you could fuck got married.

And you were thinking that SOMEDAY.............y'know..........you were going to be asking her out for a date. Its that sad.

Like how stupid do you have to be to even ADMIT THAT SHIT in public in front of other people?

10 minutes ago, jehurey said:

How much of a chump do you have to be to carry water for millionaires who don't do the same for you?

Wow. I mean, talk about putting the carriage before the horse.

Its getting mad because the celebrity superstar that you wish you could fuck got married.

And you were thinking that SOMEDAY.............y'know..........you were going to be asking her out for a date. Its that sad.

Like how stupid do you have to be to even ADMIT THAT SHIT in public in front of other people?

It’s about being fair and equal, it’s not about what I have vs what anyone else’s has you fool

3 hours ago, McWicked said:

5jofqb18pdd21.jpg

:cruise: :cruise: :cruise: 

You have no idea how economics works. 

Do you know what Warren Buffett's annual income is? $100,000. Because he gets paid in stock, which ISN'T taxable income at all you doofus. This is virtually 99% of all people at this income level. NOBODY WOULD PAY THIS DUMB TAX AT ALL. 

Gotta love when people who know nothing about economics try to write economic tax plans, because it "sounds good" and "feels good" while having no conception of how the finance system works. 

3 hours ago, McWicked said:

5jofqb18pdd21.jpg

:cruise: :cruise: :cruise: 

Do you know what Warren Buffett's annual income is? $100,000. Because he gets paid in stock, which ISN'T taxable income at all you doofus. This is virtually 99% of all people at this income level. NOBODY WOULD PAY THIS DUMB TAX AT ALL. 

Gotta love when people who know nothing about economics try to write economic tax plans, because it "sounds good" and "feels good" while having no conception of how the finance system works. 

Jerry why don't you get a better job , get your own place , maybe a ugly girlfriend and quit crying about people that are successful? 

You have a lazy "man" mentality. I put man in quotes because that itself is questionable .

39 minutes ago, ghostz said:

It’s about being fair and equal, it’s not about what I have vs what anyone else’s has you fool

Good. Then they make alot of their money through stock investments.

Raise the Capital Gains tax. They will cry even harder.

I think the statistic given out by Elizabeth Warren is that people at lower tax brackets are giving A HIGHER PERCENTAGE of their own wealth to taxes than millionaires and billionaires.

You're exactly right...........and that means the rich need to pay more in taxes.

it’s not about what I have vs what anyone else’s has you fool

Yes it is.

You simply couldn't be more wrong.

Wealth is finite. The rich got RICHER at a faster rate at the EXPENSE of the people at the bottom AND the people in the middle.

We know this...........WE CAN TRACK THE DISTRIBUTION of wealth every single year.

Edited by jehurey
21 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Pretty sure Democrats want to tax capital gains as well.

And Elizabeth Warren's "Wealth Tax" is specifically made to bypass income, which isn't the most accurate indicator of wealth. By would actually audit everything that a person is in possession of. Bank accounts, savings accounts, stocks, jewelry, yachts, houses. All of it is tabulated to find out how much wealth they actually have.

And its a good thing you mentioned Warren Buffett. He also thinks that the rich should be taxed more.

“The economic rewards flowing to people with specialized talents have grown dramatically faster than those going to equally decent men and women possessing more commonplace skills,” he wrote.

As Buffett pointed out, in 1982, the first year the Forbes 400 was compiled, those listed had combined net worth of $93 billion. At the time of the op-ed, the 400 had a combined net worth of  $2.3 trillion, up 2,400% in 30 years, while the median household income rose only about 180% during that time. Meanwhile, the percentage of Americans living below poverty level remained at 15% over that period. “In recent decades, our country’s rising tide has not lifted the boats of the poor,” he wrote.

He added that the widening gap is the consequence of an advanced market-based economy. He said, today’s “mismatch is neither the fault of the market system nor the fault of the disadvantaged individuals. It is simply a consequence of an economic engine that constantly requires more high-order talents while reducing the need for commodity-like tasks.”

While celebrating the rich like Henry Ford, Steve Jobs, and Sam Walton, Buffett said education isn’t enough of a solution.

“To see why that is true, imagine we lived in a sports-based economy. In such a marketplace, I would be a flop. You could supply me with the world’s best instruction, and I could endlessly strive to improve my skills. But, alas, on the gridiron or basketball court I would never command even a minimum wage. The brutal truth is that an advanced economic system, whether it be geared to physical or mental skills, will leave a great many people behind,” he said.

In a 2011 op-ed in the New York Times, Buffett wrote, “Last year my federal tax bill — the income tax I paid, as well as payroll taxes paid by me and on my behalf — was $6,938,744. That sounds like a lot of money. But what I paid was only 17.4% of my taxable income — and that’s actually a lower percentage than was paid by any of the other 20 people in our office. Their tax burdens ranged from 33% to 41% and averaged 36%.” He added, “My friends and I have been coddled long enough by a billionaire-friendly Congress. It’s time for our government to get serious about shared sacrifice.”

“The 400 of us pay a lower part of our income in taxes than our receptionists do, or our cleaning ladies, for that matter. If you’re in the luckiest 1% of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99%," he said this while speaking at a political fundraiser for Hillary Rodham Clinton in 2007.  

I mean, seriously, how much of a chump does a regular $30,000 a year guy who is not going to achieve the American Dream have to be in order to still be defending tax rates for millionaires and billionaires at this point????????

5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

''You're poor so you should want to overtax the rich.'' is that the argument I'm reading here? lmao  

they were taxed HIGHER in the 50's.

Which is where Republicans WISH America would go back to.  Republican presidents kept those high tax rates for the ultra-rich.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

they were taxed HIGHER in the 50's.

Which is where Republicans WISH America would go back to.  Republican presidents kept those high tax rates for the ultra-rich.

We're not in the same economic context as in the 50s and I'm pretty sure it's the Republicans who cut down those taxes under Reagan. Completely irrelevant.

You guys want to see communist like wealth redistribution, just admit it. %70. LMAO

30 minutes ago, jehurey said:

You're exactly right...........and that means the rich need to pay more in taxes.

No. It’s not. Stop comparing yourself to other people. What does it matter if someone else is rich? It doesn’t. You aren’t. Focus on that. 

Edited by ghostz
51 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Lucky for you Warren proposed a 1% wealth tax.

Next?

16 minutes ago, Ramza said:

''You're poor so you should want to overtax the rich.'' is that the argument I'm reading here? lmao  

Your sense of scope is so broken that you think a tax rate that doesn't apply until after you've made your 10 millionth dollar is being overtaxed. 

1 minute ago, McWicked said:

Lucky for you Warren proposed a 1% wealth tax.

Next?

And who is going to implement that? 

...Who is going to go through HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of pages of paperwork to determine a billionaire's wealth? These people's wealth isn't a fucking bank account number. It's spread throughout the world with literally hundreds of bank accounts and an army of lawyers. And you think this is...easy to tax 1% of? 

My sides :hest: 

2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

We're not in the same economic context as in the 50s and I'm pretty sure it's the Republicans who cut down those taxes under Reagan. Completely irrelevant.

You guys want to see communist like wealth redistribution, just admit it. %70. LMAO

No, it was JFK who initially dropped the taxes down from 90% to 70%

Got that wrong.

And the economic context back then was BETTER.

The National Highway Act of 1956 is the blood-system in which modern inter-state commerce grew in America.  You could have a business in Texas, and sell in New York or California. FEDEX and UPS entire business is based on our country giving them the infrastructure to deliver in all states.

Countless infrastructure projects in the 50's and 60's are the very things we are still running on today.  Paid for by taxes.