I agree with AOC about billionaires

Just now, McWicked said:

We've come full circle.  Ramza doesn't know what a marginal tax rate is.

The burger flipper thinks the guy making more than 10 million a year is taxed too much if he had to pay a 70% rate on every dollar after he makes 10 million.  This is less than the marginal tax rate in the US under Eisenhower.  :] 

I know what it is. I know how taxes works. I was making a joke. 

Once again, bringing different old economic contexts is irrelevant to what we should do today. It's not even comparable. Taxations didn't even work the same way back then, nor was it the same world economic stage of today, nor was it fueling the same social programs, etc. 

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Poor people should just die to be honest 

It's like ghostz just woke up today and learned that Tax codes exist 

%70  

Posted Images

Just now, McWicked said:

Millions.  They don't have it because either they don't have a job or they're under employed (i.e. flipping burgers).  Free markets don't reach 100% of the population.  Single payer systems do.

Link? 

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Where did I say that I "can't support" myself??

Dude, why are you conflating political ideologies with your increasingly pathetic hate you have towards me.

I am smarter..............because I say smarter things than you.............I can effective PROVE my arguments better than you.

"How I act"

Maybe you need to check how you act before you make a judgement on other people.  YOU set a low bar for me. I don't need to improve as long as you continue to act like you do.

Am not wrong on that, am I? lol

You cant support yourself , because you are 40, and live with your brother.

Being "smarter" (that's an in your head thing) on the internet means NOTHING irl 

You don't prove anything here except that you are a miserable asshole :D

If you weren't an ass hole narcissist , people wouldn't shit on you like they do . But , that's what you want. Cause it gets attention. And you like that.

Just now, McWicked said:

Says the guy fighting the rich man's battles for him.

Don't worry, Johnny.  You and Ghostz and Ramza will be rich on day.  Just wait.  Some day, you'll be a millionaire!

Bookmark this post.

We wouldn't be richer if our bosses decided to cut down staff because he's overtaxed.

And we wouldn't be a millionaire even if Amazon's CEO was taxed more. 

5 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

People don't want higher taxes. Idiot

Except a 6%-9% tax off of your gross pay is CHEAPER than the monthly insurance premium you are paying.

And you'd be getting $0 deductible insurance, $0 co-insurance. and lower drug prices.

Seriously............before you open your mouth again........just run the numbers quickly inside your head with your own pay stub. Its practically guaranteed that if you have insurance through your employer, you are getting more than $400-$500 taken out of your paycheck per month.

Dude..........you're not your father. The days of "I don't want a politician say the word "taxes" are over.  Grown ups aren't the scared of the word.

7 minutes ago, McWicked said:

30+ years of crazy right-wing propaganda has managed to convince a lot of really dumb Americans that health care is out of our reach.

I mean every other country in Western Civilization covers 100% of its population and a cost per capita lower than America.  But those are all anomalies. 

A lot of things americans think is 'right wing' is just American. No other Right wing politics around the world is pro gun and anti free healthcare. Those things are purely american traits. In fact in Aus, what would be considered the right wing party is the one that put in sweeping gun control. Both parties focus heavily on healthcare as it is a giant election winner. 

You'll be surprised how much money becomes available when your no.1 budget spend isn't Miltary.

I read some things Americans say who are pro miltary and anti free healthcare and I literally can't believe it. 

The priorities of what America spends it's money on is more of an issues than the actual tax rates. You and I both know that higher taxes aren't going to lead to free healthcare in the USA because the american government has other priorities. It sucks for you guys. 

I personally think the 70% rate is ludicrous but I have great empathy  with the lack of what nearly every other country in the developed world classifies as the most basic right. 

Just now, Ramza said:

We wouldn't be richer if our bosses decided to cut down staff because he's overtaxed.

And we wouldn't be a millionaire even if Amazon's CEO was taxed more. 

Fucking exactly. Nothing would change for anyone if Ama Ceo was taxed more or made NO money. These guys seem so fucking bitter , but immediately JUMP on the chance to tell others that they are better than the average joe.

Except a 6%-9% tax off of your gross pay is CHEAPER than the monthly insurance premium you are paying.

And you'd be getting $0 deductible insurance, $0 co-insurance. and lower drug prices.

Seriously............before you open your mouth again........just run the numbers quickly inside your head with your own pay stub. Its practically guaranteed that if you have insurance through your employer, you are getting more than $400-$500 taken out of your paycheck per month.

Dude..........you're not your father. The days of "I don't want a politician say the word "taxes" are over.  Grown ups aren't the scared of the word.

9% would be much higher than what I pay for insurance.

2 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

You cant support yourself , because you are 40, and live with your brother.

Being "smarter" (that's an in your head thing) on the internet means NOTHING irl 

You don't prove anything here except that you are a miserable asshole :D

If you weren't an ass hole narcissist , people wouldn't shit on you like they do . But , that's what you want. Cause it gets attention. And you like that.

THen by your own logic................."how I act" shouldn't matter to you.

You just completely undermined your own argument.

(I want to take a moment to point out that I just typed a post that has no personal bashing............and you are going to be absolutely pissed because in your mind, you think I'm acting like an out-of-control narcissist).

You have a problem that is only occurring in your head.

Take a chill pill, my man.

THen by your own logic................."how I act" shouldn't matter to you.

You just completely undermined your own argument.

(I want to take a moment to point out that I just typed a post that has no personal bashing............and you are going to be absolutely pissed because in your mind, you think I'm acting like an out-of-control narcissist).

You have a problem that is only occurring in your head.

Take a chill pill, my man.

You are a narcissist. Nothing here matters. But if you are gonna be a cock to everyone all the time, youre gonna get it back.

Don't act better than people when you clearly are not. That makes you seem weak to us. We prey on the weak , Jerry :reg:

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

A lot of things americans think is 'right wing' is just American. No other Right wing politics around the world is pro gun and anti free healthcare. Those things are purely american traits. In fact in Aus, what would be considered the right wing party is the one that put in sweeping gun control. Both parties focus heavily on healthcare as it is a giant election winner. 

You'll be surprised how much money becomes available when your no.1 budget spend isn't Miltary.

I read some things Americans say who are pro miltary and anti free healthcare and I literally can't believe it. 

The priorities of what America spends it's money on is more of an issues than the actual tax rates. You and I both know that higher taxes aren't going to lead to free healthcare in the USA because the american government has other priorities. It sucks for you guys. 

I personally think the 70% rate is ludicrous but I have great empathy  with the lack of what nearly every other country in the developed world classifies as the most basic right. 

This is what is going on with a big chunk of Americans, right now.

horse-tied-to-chair.jpg?la=en&hash=B5DEF

And I do think its a severe watering down of critical thinking that happened in our education system. We're going to school to become "operators" of machinery, and not much more.

2 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Wait jerry can you tell us how legally your employer is required to give you a salary increase if you deny company Insurance again lmao 

Or you can prove your Under-$100/month insurance that had amaziingly low deductibles.

Still waiting on that one.

Just now, jehurey said:

Or you can prove your Under-$100/month insurance that had amaziingly low deductibles.

Still waiting on that one.

lmao now you want people to post pay checks :D

Ill take this bet. 

Perm?

5 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

9% would be much higher than what I pay for insurance.

Doubt it.

And I doubt you actually did the math.

And I doubt you actually considered the $0 deductible, the $0 co-insurance.

You are paying SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER than $400 a month for insurance? Probably got a deductible of over $3000.

And since you have a high deductible, if a minor injury occurs (like broken finger)...........you will say to yourself "well, I don't want to pay the deductible....so I just tough this out."

Which means you are effectively PAYING MONEY for an Insurance Service that you don't want to use. Which is very common in this country.

1 minute ago, Jon2B said:

lmao now you want people to post pay checks :D

Ill take this bet. 

Perm?

He already said he was going to prove it, over a year ago.

He kept on making excuses.

It wasn't his paycheck........he was supposed to post his PRE-Obamacare insurance plan that he said was so much better and so much cheaper. Under $100/month, he said.

Just now, jehurey said:

It wasn't his paycheck........he was supposed to post his PRE-Obamacare insurance plan that he said was so much better and so much cheaper. Under $100/month, he said.

Yikes, Jerry ran from a ban bet again

Just now, jehurey said:

I don't care what he said, Im telling you what I will do .

OR do you not want that bet?

Asking some geniune questions, got this from a simple Google search. Is this accurate?

Premiums for individual coverage averaged $440 per month while premiums for family plans averaged $1,168 per month.

So families are paying like $13K+ a year for health insurance, regardless of income or financial capability?

Does this cover everything? Like having a baby? Or Xrays, MRIs, ultrasounds, emergency operations, etc?