*The Official Resident Evil 2 Thread* [Use Spoiler Tags, kthnx]

5 hours ago, Remij_ said:

YES.  The lickers if anything are the real pain in the asses!

I agree with this. At first, I didn’t like mr. x...until I realized how easy he is to avoid. He gave me a few good jump scares too. Aside from bugging me during the bookcase part, I ended up liking the section. The lickers suck ass. The aiming in the game is too sluggish,  considering how fast the creatures move, and how they come from nowhere. 

Regardless, I’m really enjoying this! :smoke:

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mr. X is a lemgod, destroyer of casual gamers lmfao . People are gonna cry about him for years to come     

It’s interesting that the game doesn’t give you much ammo but showers the player with healing items. I just finished the 2nd run as Leon with at least 4 or 5 G+R+B mixtures, like half a dozen green he

REVIEWS:   Gamespot - AAA (9/10) IGN - AAA (9/10) Systemwars - AAA (Even the excluded Sheep give it a BAAAHH as well)   Metacritic - AAA(91)                              

18 minutes ago, -GD- said:

I agree with this. At first, I didn’t like mr. x...until I realized how easy he is to avoid. He gave me a few good jump scares too. Aside from bugging me during the bookcase part, I ended up liking the section. The lickers suck ass. The aiming in the game is too sluggish,  considering how fast the creatures move, and how they come from nowhere. 

Regardless, I’m really enjoying this! :smoke:

Yea, they are incredibly fast, and completely unpredictable.  When Mr. X forces you into a situation where you encounter lickers and you have to run... it makes for some fun :] 

I think for people who are having a hard time with Mr. X, I think it would be fine if Capcom did kinda like in the old game where if you shoot him to take him down, you examine him and get back most of the ammo you spent wasting taking him down.  Then during his cool-down (which they could maybe make a tad bit longer), you could run away and do what you have to.

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm about to start the game, are you guys using the original soundtrack or the new one? I heard it's better to go OG because the remake doesn't really have that much actual music in it, and what it does is kind of forgettable. 

Nah.  Use the remake OST.  It's actually pretty good.  Some rooms and areas are silent.. which they should be because it's about the ambiance.  The OG OST is great for fans of the series who are nostalgic for the original music.. and a cool extra... but not for the first playthrough imo.

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Nah.  Use the remake OST.  It's actually pretty good.  Some rooms and areas are silent.. which they should be because it's about the ambiance.  The OG OST is great for fans of the series who are nostalgic for the original music.. and a cool extra... but not for the first playthrough imo.

I guess I'll go through it as Leon on the remake OST and then as Claire with the original. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Dude even in the gas station at the beginning Atmos is nuts.

Yep.  Part of the reason why you don't want to use the OG OST for the first playthrough.  Obviously the old OST doesn't affect the gas station, but in the RPD, all the noises and shit become less impactful if you've got it on.

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yep.  Part of the reason why you don't want to use the OG OST for the first playthrough.  Obviously the old OST doesn't affect the gas station, but in the RPD, all the noises and shit become less impactful if you've got it on.

I just noticed that, I'm switching back and forth to see how it sounds and while cool and something I'll use later it doesn't line up with this new style.

Also glad I got this on the X, not just the sound but the cleanliness of image. John was right, at a normal viewing distance 6-7 feet it's just as clear as the Pro while in motion but without all that crazy ass shimmering and stippled looking reflections. I watched some Pro footage and it looks like anything reflective has glitter all over it, like a disco ball with light shined on it.

51 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I just noticed that, I'm switching back and forth to see how it sounds and while cool and something I'll use later it doesn't line up with this new style.

Also glad I got this on the X, not just the sound but the cleanliness of image. John was right, at a normal viewing distance 6-7 feet it's just as clear as the Pro while in motion but without all that crazy ass shimmering and stippled looking reflections. I watched some Pro footage and it looks like anything reflective has glitter all over it, like a disco ball with light shined on it.

I think the PC version has a similar effect to what you're describing. It can be pretty distracting and im not sure how to get rid of it.

Game is pretty awesome so far, but it doesn't have that RE2 spark. Like it's the "same" game basically but it's not giving me RE2 vibes it's a different monster, but it's nonetheless still really good and I'm enjoying it. I'm dealing with you know who right now and he's not so bad. He's actually decently easy to lose. I have to say that Atmos does make a world of difference, it perfectly accentuates vertical audio and you can pinpoint keep track of Mr.X through floors and walls so your horizontal and vertical audio planes are covered.

To those that were bitching about zombies being bullet sponges I'm really not sure why, shoot them a few times in the head and they drop, put one in their head while they're inanimate and it explodes. The lickers too, either walk slowly by them and you don't have to deal with them or sneak up on them with a shotgun and blast them a few times before they can react and they're dead.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I think the PC version has a similar effect to what you're describing. It can be pretty distracting and im not sure how to get rid of it.

Make sure you're using TAA, or TAA+FXAA.  If you're using any of the other AA methods it will have that.

11 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Game is pretty awesome so far, but it doesn't have that RE2 spark. Like it's the "same" game basically but it's not giving me RE2 vibes it's a different monster, but it's nonetheless still really good and I'm enjoying it. I'm dealing with you know who right now and he's not so bad. He's actually decently easy to lose. I have to say that Atmos does make a world of difference, it perfectly accentuates vertical audio and you can pinpoint keep track of Mr.X through floors and walls so your horizontal and vertical audio planes are covered.

To those that were bitching about zombies being bullet sponges I'm really not sure why, shoot them a few times in the head and they drop, put one in their head while they're inanimate and it explodes. The lickers too, either walk slowly by them and you don't have to deal with them or sneak up on them with a shotgun and blast them a few times before they can react and they're dead.

Well, we're not teenagers anymore.  For me, it definitely feels like RE2, but agreed that it's its own thing.  Yea Atmos is awesome.  I fucking LOVE the sound design in the game.  Really awesome.  I just found out recently that Shadow of the Tomb Raider on PC DOES actually support Dolby Atmos.. so I'm hoping that they come out with the RTX patch eventually so I can test them both out and 100% that game.  I still got the DLC to try as well.  Carlos said the Atmos in TR is really good as well :glad: 

Also, with the zombies, you get way more exploding heads if you actually do wait for your reticle to focus in.  Also, just taking out legs or arms so that they cant grab you is preferable.  Game is godly.  Glad you're enjoying it.

Game apparently uses an adjusting difficulty slider like RE4 does. So if you're playing well the game cranks the settings up to maximum and enemies become bullet sponges. On Hardcore the settings are always set to maximum and the setting will never drop (RE4's Professional mode did the same thing). 

I prefer RE4's system, it just added more enemies and increased their damage output but they didn't become bullet sponges. If I had known this system was in the game beforehand I wouldn't of even bothered with Standard because the game is just going to make me play on Hardcore anyways...