*The Official Resident Evil 2 Thread* [Use Spoiler Tags, kthnx]

For the game in general the only other qualm I have with it is that the storytelling, writing, and acting in general are a step down from RE7. Of course some of that is not it’s fault, as the team was limited by the original game. That said there were still a lot of good moments. Leon and Ada in particular are a great duo and I enjoyed most of their scenes together. TBH I think the story stuff in Leon’s path as a whole is quite a bit stronger than Claire’s.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mr. X is a lemgod, destroyer of casual gamers lmfao . People are gonna cry about him for years to come     

It’s interesting that the game doesn’t give you much ammo but showers the player with healing items. I just finished the 2nd run as Leon with at least 4 or 5 G+R+B mixtures, like half a dozen green he

REVIEWS:   Gamespot - AAA (9/10) IGN - AAA (9/10) Systemwars - AAA (Even the excluded Sheep give it a BAAAHH as well)   Metacritic - AAA(91)                              

The Lickers are really disappointing in this game. There's no broken glass to avoid that would trigger them and they don't randomly patrol their locations, they just sit in one spot until you pass by them and then they slowly investigate your trail. I didn't fight a single one until the laboratory except for getting jumped by one running away from Mr. X in the west hall, but that was right at the door to the main hall so I just ran through it.

Kind of a joke that the OG version from 20 years ago has more interesting Licker AI. Why aren't these things patrolling a handful of rooms using the vents? The one in the hallway outside the STARS Office won't even go into the showers area despite the huge hole in the wall.

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

For the game in general the only other qualm I have with it is that the storytelling, writing, and acting in general are a step down from RE7. Of course some of that is not it’s fault, as the team was limited by the original game. That said there were still a lot of good moments. Leon and Ada in particular are a great duo and I enjoyed most of their scenes together. TBH I think the story stuff in Leon’s path as a whole is quite a bit stronger than Claire’s.

the best acting/dialog was the scene with ada, where you run into that guy who's with his infected daughter.  

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The writing and acting was really cheesy, but it came across as an homage to the original.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Hot Sauce said:

The Lickers are really disappointing in this game. There's no broken glass to avoid that would trigger them and they don't randomly patrol their locations, they just sit in one spot until you pass by them and then they slowly investigate your trail. I didn't fight a single one until the laboratory except for getting jumped by one running away from Mr. X in the west hall, but that was right at the door to the main hall so I just ran through it.

Kind of a joke that the OG version from 20 years ago has more interesting Licker AI. Why aren't these things patrolling a handful of rooms using the vents? The one in the hallway outside the STARS Office won't even go into the showers area despite the huge hole in the wall.

the lickers are terrible. i wish they were scrapped. fortunately, they don't play too big of a role. but they definitely got in some cheap hits (mainly because it's dark af in spots). 

58 minutes ago, -GD- said:

the lickers are terrible. i wish they were scrapped. fortunately, they don't play too big of a role. but they definitely got in some cheap hits (mainly because it's dark af in spots). 

That is weird. Why would the AI be different or worse? I heard someone get hyped here about the lickers, so i'm sad about it. 

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

the best acting/dialog was the scene with ada, where you run into that guy who's with his infected daughter.  

Yeah that was a really good scene. And I’m not sure if you’re aware but they’re releasing free dlc next month where you play as that dude.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Like 1

It's the best Resident Evil game ever made.  It's got some issues though, for sure.  Small tweaks to things that could have made it absolutely perfect.

I can say that I'm totally down for this "style" of RE game.  To me, this is the perfect formula.  The character movement and camera feels perfect to me, and they did something which so many games fail to do properly... and that's SCALE.  The game absolutely nails the scale of the world compared to the characters.  It's not an easy thing to get right either, but they did it.  What they need to do now is make a new game with a new story and introduce a new playable character along with a returning classic character.  RE2 Remake has the right amount of action / puzzles / survival / horror, so I'd like to see that continue as well.  Could maybe alter the amounts a little bit, but it's a pretty good split overall imo.  Puzzles could be a bit tougher though in future games.

I'm just still so happy that we actually got this game, and that it turned out great, and will hopefully sell well.  I feel like this new Capcom is kinda focused on more realistic, gritty, violent and dark games.. which is exactly what I've been wanting from them.  No more of this superhero protagonists that just mow down enemies like they're nothing.  The characters need to be vulnerable and feel like they're going through the same situation as we are.

Anyway.. Capcom :bow:  RE2 :bow: 

Next gen can't come soon enough :blessed: 

13 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It's the best Resident Evil game ever made.  It's got some issues though, for sure.  Small tweaks to things that could have made it absolutely perfect.

I can say that I'm totally down for this "style" of RE game.  To me, this is the perfect formula.  The character movement and camera feels perfect to me, and they did something which so many games fail to do properly... and that's SCALE.  The game absolutely nails the scale of the world compared to the characters.  It's not an easy thing to get right either, but they did it.  What they need to do now is make a new game with a new story and introduce a new playable character along with a returning classic character.  RE2 Remake has the right amount of action / puzzles / survival / horror, so I'd like to see that continue as well.  Could maybe alter the amounts a little bit, but it's a pretty good split overall imo.  Puzzles could be a bit tougher though in future games.

I'm just still so happy that we actually got this game, and that it turned out great, and will hopefully sell well.  I feel like this new Capcom is kinda focused on more realistic, gritty, violent and dark games.. which is exactly what I've been wanting from them.  No more of this superhero protagonists that just mow down enemies like they're nothing.  The characters need to be vulnerable and feel like they're going through the same situation as we are.

hmmm i think it's tied with 7 for me. i really loved that game. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

scale? like size of the world to the size of a body of a character? wtf? care to explain better than that, pishash?? lol. 

Is it good because it's BIG AS FUCK, because why wouldn't you want it big? Or do you think it's small enough to traverse, but somehow interesting? dafuq u mean. I hate you neanderthal mic speakers. I need to know more.

LOL, playing this game with the Infinite Machinegun is so damn satisfying. Want to be bullet sponges? That's cool, here- soak this up!

I'm leaving nothing but living torsos all over the place. Funny as hell to look at, just a bunch of torsos trying to roll around and shit.

Oh, and Remi- 2:12.

2 hours is not going to be hard at all.

I need to watch some speedrun vids because I'm getting to Birkin 1 with an average time of 30-35 minutes but apparently speedrunners are averaging 20-25. I need to use whatever route they're using because clearly mine is costing me a lot of time (10 minutes). The Sewers and NEST is pretty linear so I'm not really doing anything nobody else isn't doing here so I'm not going to cut time in these sections. But there's clearly a way more optimal route in Police Station.

Edited by Sabo

I enjoy each campaign equally TBH although I do prefer to play as Claire since I find her run to be the more challenging of the two. 

Leon deals with zombies much better than Claire and I feel his weapon upgrades are just flat out better than Claire's. 

Claire's starting handgun is pretty bad, and it's upgrades don't make it much better.

The SMG just isn't a very good weapon so I don't even bother to upgrade it since:

A) You have to really go out of your way to get the upgrades  

B) The upgrades don't make the SMG much better so it's not worth the time.

Besides that, the SMG eats through ammo like it's nothing and you're better off using those Powders to make Acid Rounds instead.

With Leon, the Matilda and Shotgun get great upgrades. The Shotgun, when fully upgraded, becomes a one shot monster.  It will one shot zombies pretty consistently. The Lightning Hawk's upgrades are great as well so it's actually worth going off the main path to pick them up. 

Claire may deal with stronger enemies easier than Leon does at the beginning, but that's not really that big of a strength since the majority of the enemies in this game are zombies and Leon's took kit is just much better at dealing with zombies than Claire's kit.

Overall, I feel Leon is just the easier character. He struggles a little bit with the stronger enemies until he gets a healthy supply of Magnum ammo but once he has that going for him he becomes a one man army.

On 2019-01-28 at 6:53 PM, -GD- said:

Yeah but it was kinda weird there was 0 reaction from leon or ada after the father went inside and you hear what happens. Even though they knew what was going to happen, I don't know, it felt awkward.

3 hours ago, kaz said:

Yeah but it was kinda weird there was 0 reaction from leon or ada after the father went inside and you hear what happens. Even though they knew what was going to happen, I don't know, it felt awkward.

The feels should have been more real!