*The Official Resident Evil 2 Thread* [Use Spoiler Tags, kthnx]

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mr. X is a lemgod, destroyer of casual gamers lmfao . People are gonna cry about him for years to come     

It’s interesting that the game doesn’t give you much ammo but showers the player with healing items. I just finished the 2nd run as Leon with at least 4 or 5 G+R+B mixtures, like half a dozen green he

REVIEWS:   Gamespot - AAA (9/10) IGN - AAA (9/10) Systemwars - AAA (Even the excluded Sheep give it a BAAAHH as well)   Metacritic - AAA(91)                              

It's not that Mr. X is hard to deal with because he's not. It's the fact you have to CONSTANTLY deal with him. He doesn't leave you alone so when you're trying to actually get shit done he is a consistent roadblock. He's not challenging and the tension of his appearance quickly disappears, the only thing he succeeds at doing is stalling progress. I even lured him to the complete opposite end of the Police Station and then lost him. Went to start the puzzle and as soon as I did the first part of the puzzle- *THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP*

*Door Opens*

I turn around and THERE he is. I just immediately, "... Are you fuckin' kidding me..."

He's fuckin' annoying.

• Haha 1
49 minutes ago, Sabo said:

It's not that Mr. X is hard to deal with because he's not. It's the fact you have to CONSTANTLY deal with him. He doesn't leave you alone so when you're trying to actually get shit done he is a consistent roadblock. He's not challenging and the tension of his appearance quickly disappears, the only thing he succeeds at doing is stalling progress. I even lured him to the complete opposite end of the Police Station and then lost him. Went to start the puzzle and as soon as I did the first part of the puzzle- *THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP*

*Door Opens*

I turn around and THERE he is. I just immediately, "... Are you fuckin' kidding me..."

He's fuckin' annoying.

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Ike said:

Only got a couple hours in before I had to crash for work but I’m enjoying it. Good to know that I should just run through the Mr. X part. :happysad:

Do yourself a favor and don't run... literally.  If you walk he's not on your ass nearly as consistently. 

14 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Do yourself a favor and don't run... literally.  If you walk he's not on your ass nearly as consistently. 

Yeah when you're out of his visual range, he uses sound to track you down. Gunshots, slamming doors, and running will all alert him to your location.

There are so many godly details in the game. Blood splatter that hits the walls and starts flowing down, zombies you kill at the last moment leaning on you and how you push them off, clothes that get dirty or bloody, dead enemies staying on the floor, aching sounds as you are hurt, cursing enemies and pep talk as you fight them, reacting with discomfort as you head in a rainy area, blowing Mr. X's hat off lmao.

Love little details like this, adds so much character :glad: 

This game sucks LOL. Halfway through the 2nd Run with Leon and have no desire to press on. I love the level design and the re-imagining of areas was all really well done. Even the new stuff is great for the most part.

But the combat... OMG the combat... It is atrocious.

I don't give a fuck what you are, you do not take 11 fuckin' shots to the dome and still continue to get up. I swear the bullet sponginess got kicked into high gear on 2nd Run compared to my previous run with Claire. I switched and tested out the shotgun and its taking 3-5 at POINT BLACK range to drop a standard zombie.

Surely the Magnum wouldn't let me down though, right?

3. Zombies can take 3 Magnum shots to their damn face. 

Fuck off with this nonsense. This is awful. And don't give me some bullshit about "You're not suppose to fight the enemies" because you don't have a choice a lot of the time. They're littered in high traffic areas and the hallways aren't wide enough to move around them. Combine that with their grab range, the tracking of their grabs, and the ridiculous size of the hitbox of those grabs and your safest option is to just dump bullets into them. A lot of bullets.

Survival Horror is redefined, huh. Oh, it's redefined that's for damn sure- Survive the Horror of terrible game design. Thankfully this is all shit that could be easily fixed with a patch but I don't think that will be happening.

There is no defending Mr X. He is the most gamey, cheap, and unrealisic addition to the game. Compared to the unbeatable enemies in Amneisa, SOMA, Alien Isolation, Outlast, etc instead of patrolling areas and having an actual AI routine he just locks onto you from across the police station and teleports to your position. Just a complete drag.

Edited by Twinblade
20 minutes ago, Sabo said:

This game sucks LOL. Halfway through the 2nd Run with Leon and have no desire to press on. I love the level design and the re-imagining of areas was all really well done. Even the new stuff is great for the most part.

I don't give a fuck what you are, you do not take 11 fuckin' shots to the dome and still continue to get up. I swear the bullet sponginess got kicked into high gear on 2nd Run compared to my previous run with Claire. I switched and tested out the shotgun and its taking 3-5 at POINT BLACK range to drop a standard zombie.

Fuck off with this nonsense. This is awful. And don't give me some bullshit about "You're not suppose to fight the enemies" because you don't have a choice a lot of the time. They're littered in high traffic areas and the hallways aren't wide enough to move around them. Combine that with their grab range, the tracking of their grabs, and the ridiculous size of the hitbox of those grabs and your safest option is to just dump bullets into them. A lot of bullets.

Survival Horror is redefined, huh. Oh, it's redefined that's for damn sure- Survive the Horror of terrible game design. Thankfully this is all shit that could be easily fixed with a patch but I don't think that will be happening.

I was actually hoping you could answer something for me

I read that Mr X actually has a much greater presence on 2nd run. Has that been the case for you so far?

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I was actually hoping you could answer something for me

Hide contents

I read that Mr X actually has a much greater presence on 2nd run. Has that been the case for you so far?

He pops up within the first 15 minutes of Leon's 2nd run. He pops up a second time at the same exact moment he did for Claire. I figured out there is a way to kind of stall his first sequence though. Kind of inconsistent but you can give it a try if you want. The trick just basically involves avoiding the trigger to start his scripting.

Edited by Sabo
1 hour ago, Sabo said:

I noticed this even in the demo, the amount of hits they take to the head is kind of ridiculous.