*The Official Resident Evil 2 Thread* [Use Spoiler Tags, kthnx]

I finished it on hard mode. Cakewalk. Bullet sponge enemies especially Tyrant (what the fuck) and Mr. X? time everything, that's it. He's annoying but not a problem. Item management is a PAIN in the ass tho. 

Leon walkthrough, his ass is just mesmerizing :happysad: 

Edited by kaz
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mr. X is a lemgod, destroyer of casual gamers lmfao . People are gonna cry about him for years to come     

It’s interesting that the game doesn’t give you much ammo but showers the player with healing items. I just finished the 2nd run as Leon with at least 4 or 5 G+R+B mixtures, like half a dozen green he

REVIEWS:   Gamespot - AAA (9/10) IGN - AAA (9/10) Systemwars - AAA (Even the excluded Sheep give it a BAAAHH as well)   Metacritic - AAA(91)                              

Tyrant isn't bullet spongey. You can beat him with just the handgun, just shoot his eyes.

Why the hell are you even wasting ammo on Mr. X? It's pointless and unnecessary. Nobody is complaining about him being difficult. We're complaining that is just plain annoying.

I understand how bullet bloom works. I am letting my reticle shrink to it's smallest level. Even waiting for the dot to appear so I know it's a clean shot.  Still taking a ridiculous amount of headshots, far more than should be required.

11 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Tyrant isn't bullet spongey. You can beat him with just the handgun, just shoot his eyes.

Why the hell are you even wasting ammo on Mr. X? It's pointless and unnecessary. Nobody is complaining about him being difficult. We're complaining that is just plain annoying.

I understand how bullet bloom works. I am letting my reticle shrink to it's smallest level. Even waiting for the dot to appear so I know it's a clean shot.  Still taking a ridiculous amount of headshots, far more than should be required.

Spoiler

Tyrant is in fact a HEAVY bullet sponge. It was at least for me I tried to aim for his eye but I shot his head too a lot. I know it wasn't his weak point but I panicked a lot because I had no herbs left. 

And I never said I was shooting Mr. X, you just have to time everything and be as quick as possible. 

Edited by kaz
23 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Just starting out, I slashed a zombie like 20 times and it still didn't die. The knife is a defensive weapon only? 

From what I’ve seen, just disable the zombies and get what you need done in each section. You’ll just waste time, ammo, and resources trying to kill them completely. 

32 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Just starting out, I slashed a zombie like 20 times and it still didn't die. The knife is a defensive weapon only? 

Pretty much. I also use to corpse check. 

"Are you dead?

*Slash*

"No... Of course not...."

11 minutes ago, Ike said:

From what I’ve seen, just disable the zombies and get what you need done in each section. You’ll just waste time, ammo, and resources trying to kill them completely. 

LOL, it still takes like 5-7 shots on average to take off a limb. You also run the risk of a crawler just sneaking up on you when you pass back through the area. Had that happen a few times too many as I enter through a door. Gunplay sucks... I'm convinced these characters are using rubber bullets.

Edited by Sabo
3 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Pretty much. I also use to corpse check. 

"Are you dead?

*Slash*

"No... Of course not...."

I even hacked off an arm and a leg. :D 

I get that they’re zombies but at least maybe allow us to cut off the head so they can’t get back up? 

3 hours ago, Sabo said:

Reveal hidden contents

He pops up within the first 15 minutes of Leon's 2nd run. He pops up a second time at the same exact moment he did for Claire. I figured out there is a way to kind of stall his first sequence though. Kind of inconsistent but you can give it a try if you want. The trick just basically involves avoiding the trigger to start his scripting.

Yeah I unintentionally managed to do that, it was a whole hour and a half before he showed up :D (right outside the STARS office). I managed to clean up the entire area and get most of what i wanted so the next encounter with him should be a lot less annoying than on my first playthrough. 

Edited by Twinblade

I played some today. Just a bit.  Mr. X doesn’t bother me too much anymore. It kind of gives the game a “oh fuck” component. The only time it sucked was when I was moving the book cases. I’m almost done with his section, fortunately. 

• Like 1

Holy fuck you guys are pussies :mj: 

Wahhh I don't get enough ammo to kill every zombie :cry: 

Wahhh I shoot them in the head 124 times and they still get up :cry: 

Wahhh Mr. X is always chasing me :cry: 

Wahhh the game isn't exactly the same as the original :cry: 

SURVIVAL HORROR.  Deal with it :reg: 

• Haha 1

the game was fucking hard. And Mr. X wasn't a problem at all. Licker that catch you by surprise and leave you almost dead was the hardest part for me. The game gives you a tremendous amount of herbs to heal up tho. 

the real bitch is item management, dropping or leaving items behind made me feel uneasy. I was always low on ammo. ALWAYS.

Just now, kaz said:

the game was fucking hard. And Mr. X wasn't a problem at all. Licker that catch you by surprise and leave you almost dead was the hardest part for me. The game gives you a tremendous amount of herbs to heal up tho. 

the real bitch is item management, dropping or leaving items behind made me feel uneasy. I was always low on ammo. ALWAYS.

YES.  The lickers if anything are the real pain in the asses!

• Thanks 1

Just finished with Leon on Hardcore difficulty, was pretty damn difficult sometimes Jesus :dame:

You're fucked if you don't save ammo and try to kill everything, there's not even enough ammo for it. Sometime you really need to shoot for a stun and run by when you can. 

Those weapon upgrades you can find are also pretty useful, especially for the shotgun. 

Was still blasting most zombie heads off with one shot of that close-by, pistol it happens less often. 

Godly game, reminded me of playing REmake fir the first time with Chris.

Just wish there were a few more outside environments it feels very claustrophobic throughout. 

Also just saw the hardcore achievement pop up, only 0.25% have it :tom: 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

YES.  The lickers if anything are the real pain in the asses!

They tend to pop up out of nowhere but I didn’t find it that hard to sneak past them in many situations. They also won’t chase you into rooms like mr x does.

Edited by Twinblade
12 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Just finished with Leon on Hardcore difficulty, was pretty damn difficult sometimes Jesus :dame:

You're fucked if you don't save ammo and try to kill everything, there's not even enough ammo for it. Sometime you really need to shoot for a stun and run by when you can. 

Those weapon upgrades you can find are also pretty useful, especially for the shotgun. 

Was still blasting most zombie heads off with one shot of that close-by, pistol it happens less often. 

Godly game, reminded me of playing REmake fir the first time with Chris.

Just wish there were a few more outside environments it feels very claustrophobic throughout. 

Also just saw the hardcore achievement pop up, only 0.25% have it :tom: 

I tried to save ammo and ran past a few lickers (because fuck them) and when I got back I died. :tom: 

0.25%? lol the game just released, it will change. I played with a friend so I have to admit I didn't play all of it. Maybe a good 50%. 

Edited by kaz