So, the Resident Evil Purists are pretty much dead, right?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL @ this revisionist shit that RE4 sucked   RE4 was easily the top game of that generation. Mechanically, it was so advanced, so ahead of the curb that every western game copied it. It was

RE4 is exceptional. The atmosphere is still top notch and it’s filled with the tense, foreboding moments you expect to see in a RE game.

well, that too  

The game is great but i still don't think it can quite match up to the intensity, or sense of dread you'd feel when playing the original games for the first time. Even the REmake remaster was a game i needed to take frequent breaks with while playing. This is mainly due to all the features RE2 adds to make it more accessible and intuitive. Everything involving the map screen for example just makes it way easier to navigate the environment and collect all of the resources that are lying around. Not saying thats a bad thing, but they go a long way in making you feel more comfortable and in control while playing.

Edited by Twinblade
1 minute ago, Ramza said:

RE4 is a fantastic TPS but absolute shit as a RE game.

That's all that needs to be said.

It would have been better served as a new IP, just like Resident Evil 7 would have been. It's really weird what Capcom does, when they want to change the gameplay of the franchise they seem to throw nearly everything before that point out the window even in terms of story or relation.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

The game is great but i still don't think it can quite match up to the intensity, or sense of dread you'd feel when playing the original games for the first time. Even the REmake remaster was a game i needed to take frequent breaks with while playing. This is mainly due to all the features they added to make it more accessible and intuitive. Everything involving the map screen for example just makes it way easier to navigate the environment and collect all of the resources that are lying around. Not saying thats a bad thing, but they a long way in making you feel more comfortable and in control while playing.

RE2 was my first survival horror game I had ever played. I rented it and beat the game in two days, couldn't stop playing even with the tense atmosphere that almost made me quit, one of my favorite moment of gaming discovery ever. 

Just now, Ramza said:

RE2 was my first survival horror game I had ever played. I rented it and beat the game in two days, couldn't stop playing even with the tense atmosphere that almost made me quit, one of my favorite moment of gaming discovery ever. 

i played resident evil in 1998. holy shit...it singlehandedly made me a harcore gamer, back then. i hadn't played anything for like 3 years, prior,  because i was more into sports. 

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It would have been better served as a new IP, just like Resident Evil 7 would have been. It's really weird what Capcom does, when they want to change the gameplay of the franchise they seem to throw nearly everything before that point out the window even in terms of story or relation.

It's the ''Recognized IP will sell the game'' syndrome.

Funny thing is that the RE series is what eventually created DMC. Kamiya's second RE project was so far straying away from the RE formula that they changed it to a new IP mid development and then went on to create another hit franchise for Capcom.

They need to start taking risks with new IPs every now and then. Can't just be SF, RE, DMC, MH, rinse and repeat. Same thing for their fighting games, why Street Fighter and Marvel every gen? Where's Power Stone or Darkstalkers? Just make mid AA budget sized games if they have to.  

Just now, Ramza said:

It's the ''Recognized IP will sell the game'' syndrome.

Funny thing is that the RE series is what eventually created DMC. Kamiya's second RE project was so far straying away from the RE formula that they changed it to a new IP mid development and then went on to create another hit franchise for Capcom.

They need to start taking risks with new IPs every now and then. Can't just be SF, RE, DMC, MH, rinse and repeat. Same thing for their fighting games, why Street Fighter and Marvel every gen? Where's Power Stone or Darkstalkers? Just make mid AA budget sized games if they have to.  

didn't the same thing happen with dino crisis? 

Just now, -GD- said:

didn't the same thing happen with dino crisis? 

Probably. But it's another good example of a dormant Capcom IP that probably deserves a new shot. Imagine how cool a new Dino Crisis would look with their RE graphics engine.

31 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Resident Evil - 2.75 million

Resident Evil 2 - 4.96 million

Resident Evil 3 Nemesis - 3.5 million

When they abandoned PlayStation and went to platforms outside of their player base as the main platforms.

Resident Evil Code: Veronica  - 1.14 million

Resident Evil  - 1.35 million

Resident Evil 0 - 1.25 million

Resident Evil 4 - 1.6 million

RE4 wasn't only on gamecube, but of course you know that. :] 

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It would have been if it didn't flop.

Probably because Gamecube was a failure of a console.  Xbone will be remembered in the same vein. :bena: 

30 minutes ago, -GD- said:

I will give re 4 credit for being the gameplay inspiration for better franchises like gears and dead space. 

RE4's the reason you have RE2make. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

A console that's already sold twice as much is a comparable failure? No.

Twice as much as gamecube.  Half as much as xbox 360.  Xbone lost literally half of its own market.

You can try and spin that if you like.  Gonna be hilarious when Switch passes it up in 2019.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Resident Evil is the reason you have RE4 and thus we have Resident Evil 2.

Did this sound like a gotcha when you played it out in your head?

"Starting franchise is reason we have current entry in franchise.   OWN3D!" - Deeno

54 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Figures you'd like that retarded shit you dumb cunt :mj: 

Hit the road faggot, and don't EVER come back to Resident Evilville.. we don't want you :reg: 

100% convinced this clown didn't play RE4 when it released like so many of the dumb haters out there :laff: 

Game came out 14 years ago and still has more precise and tighter shooting than REmake 2, get fucked :glad: