So, the Resident Evil Purists are pretty much dead, right?

Just now, jehurey said:

No, I said I could set my watch to your butthurt.

And then proceeded to talk about another point entirely.

I basically dismissed you and talked as if you weren't there.

Well here I am, and here you are, and your thread was massacred by people without your rose tinted glasses for garbage that was never anything but garbage.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL @ this revisionist shit that RE4 sucked   RE4 was easily the top game of that generation. Mechanically, it was so advanced, so ahead of the curb that every western game copied it. It was

RE4 is exceptional. The atmosphere is still top notch and it’s filled with the tense, foreboding moments you expect to see in a RE game.

well, that too  

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Well here I am, and here you are, and your thread was massacred by people without your rose tinted glasses for garbage that was never anything but garbage.

No, it wasn't.

It alright, you can keep on raging. Don't let me stop you.

Just whenever you show me your butthurt...........do it in a sequential order so that I don't get confused. LOL

Edited by jehurey

people that defend RE4 probably also liked the boulder smash in 5. :alien:

RE4 is garbage just like 5. Waves of angry mexicans you have to gun down and watch them turn into enchilada slobber, great atmosphere!

Edited by kaz
39 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

LOL, you posted some article that came out almost 6 years after RE4 came out.

By a nobody, who never wrote any other article for Eurogamer.

HOWEVER..................you did find somebody who I instinctively give more credibility than you.

Not an actual writer, a complete nobody.

Easily has 10 times more credibility than you. I must admit.:patrice:

6 minutes ago, kaz said:

people that defend RE4 probably also liked the boulder smash in 5. :alien:

RE4 is garbage just like 5. Waves of angry mexicans you have to gun down and watch them turn into enchilada slobber, great atmosphere!

Jerry is Mexican so this makes so much more sense :bena:

19 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

The issue wasn't the camera. It was roundhouse kicking 4 zombies at a time, and other Super powers that came with it.

lol I don't remember you could take out 4 with a single kick. chuck norris would be proud. time to replay this garbage. :D  

LOL @ this revisionist shit that RE4 sucked

RE4 was easily the top game of that generation. Mechanically, it was so advanced, so ahead of the curb that every western game copied it. It was literally the finest-made game of all time when it came out.

you guys should have been there when RE: Zero dropped on 'cube. by 2002, it was long in the teeth, nobody wanted that style of game anymore. IF RE4 was made in that style, the franchise might not even be around right now. It would have literally got Onimusha'd out of the public consciousness.

RE4 = 10, GOTY, GOTG, no debate. :glad: 

• Upvote 3

I have seen more complaints of RE4 in this thread, than I have ever seen on this forum or the other forum, in the past 10 years.

This is definitely Revisionist RE4 hating.

Its one thing if people had said "I loved RE4, but I think its dated, so I don't think anything of it, now."

For example, that is the way I feel about Chronicles of Riddick. But I'm able to praise my good times with that game.

But that's not what people are doing. They are trying to retroactively pretending that they've always looked down on RE4.

Laughable.

• Upvote 1

I've replayed through RE4 recently, game still holds up remarkably well and I can say RE4 is WAY more intense than REmake 2.

I like REmake 2, but the game doesn't get under my skin, I never feel threatened. The game has a great atmosphere but it's just window dressing, there's nothing in this game that actually made me feel scared or even gave a sense of dread. The most the game has gotten out of me is a feeling of annoyance.

RE4 on the other hand, THAT game can still get under my skin. RE4 can be straight up relentless with making the player feel a sense of panic as the game increases the pressure. There's a reason so many games still try to implement a "Cabin" sequence in their games but none come close to the brilliance of RE4's. RE4 isn't trying to scare you, that game is about pushing you to step your game up or die.

People hating on RE4? Fuck off. You clearly don't know a damn thing about what makes a game have good game design. RE4 puts on a clinic, it should be required study material for any young kids wanting to get into making games.

• Upvote 1

I'll admit that sequences like the village are fucking brilliant. Locking yourself up in some house and seeing chainsaw man fuck up your shit made up barricade for the first time was insane.

But those moments disappear the further you get into the game. It's still solid but I never felt a moment that intense later on when it dissolves into a more straightforward shooter as your arsenal expands ever more.

I respect RE4 but it's not what I want the series to be. Level design/exploration is priority to me. The original RE2 is still my favorite, followed by REmake and RE3 Nemesis. Not to say RE4 is bad but it's like a different entity of it's own that spawned a few retarded children like RE5, 6, Revelation 1 and 2. Fuck that shit. RE is back on track, I'm done talking about that game.

RE4 is one of the GOAT videogames.  It's influence is felt every time you play a third person shooter.  It has a 9.6 metacritic rating and every time it gets a re-release, it sells at least another million copies.  Ten years from now people will still be playing the game.  You might as well be trying to hand-wave OoT, Halo, GTA3, or Mario 64 away as being shit when they released.  Trying to do so is just silly.

I think what we have here is a combination of cows who are still mad that GC got RE4 as a temporary exclusive, and lemmings who are mad because they just never got the game on the original xbox at all.

1 hour ago, Sabo said:

I've replayed through RE4 recently, game still holds up remarkably well and I can say RE4 is WAY more intense than REmake 2.

I like REmake 2, but the game doesn't get under my skin, I never feel threatened. The game has a great atmosphere but it's just window dressing, there's nothing in this game that actually made me feel scared or even gave a sense of dread. The most the game has gotten out of me is a feeling of annoyance.

RE4 on the other hand, THAT game can still get under my skin. RE4 can be straight up relentless with making the player feel a sense of panic as the game increases the pressure. There's a reason so many games still try to implement a "Cabin" sequence in their games but none come close to the brilliance of RE4's. RE4 isn't trying to scare you, that game is about pushing you to step your game up or die.

People hating on RE4? Fuck off. You clearly don't know a damn thing about what makes a game have good game design. RE4 puts on a clinic, it should be required study material for any young kids wanting to get into making games.

And how does any of this paragraph amount to it being a good Resident Evil game?

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

And how does any of this paragraph amount to it being a good Resident Evil game?

He just told you. He doesn't feel threatened in the older games, he feels much more tense in RE4.

The great part is how Resident Evil no longer have a specific DEFINITION for its gameplay, that was effectively killed with RE7.

That's why I called this thread "RE purists are dead" because back in the RE4 days, the RE purist had a specific thing which they could define.

That's no longer the case.

See, your pathetic method to get out of this argument is to use the phrase "a good Resident Evil game"

RE has been so many different things, you can't really use that tactic anymore.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Seriously? THAT's the best you can come up with?

How does any of it amount to it not being a good RE game?

That shit is subjective.

No one fuckin' cares about your bullshit "buh buh it doesn't feel like a RE game therefore it's terrible" reasoning, RE4 is an objectively great game. If you didn't like, that's fine, but don't be throwing around works like "terrible" or "bad" to describe RE4 because they are simply not true. I hate Half Life 2, it's just not my cup of tea, but I recognize that the game is objectively well designed. 

1 minute ago, Sabo said:

Seriously? THAT's the best you can come up with?

How does any of it amount to it not being a good RE game?

That shit is subjective.

No one fuckin' cares about your bullshit "buh buh it doesn't feel like a RE game therefore it's terrible" reasoning, RE4 is an objectively great game. If you didn't like, that's fine, but don't be throwing around works like "terrible" or "bad" to describe RE4 because they are simply not true. I hate Half Life 2, it's just not my cup of tea, but I recognize that the game is objectively well designed. 

Again since you seem to have trouble reading the English language, how did any of what you said amount to it being a good Resident Evil game? I'm not questioning it being a good game, no one is, but that doesn't mean its execution as a Resident Evil title is even remotely competent. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Again since you seem to have trouble reading the English language, how did any of what you said amount to it being a good Resident Evil game? I'm not questioning it being a good game, no one is, but that doesn't mean its execution as a Resident Evil title is even remotely competent. 

I'm not even going to bother running around this circle... You seem to enjoy being a chicken with it's head cut off though so enjoy your run. Hope you don't get dizzy. 

Just now, Sabo said:

I'm not even going to bother running around this circle... You seem to enjoy being a chicken with it's head cut off though so enjoy your run. Hope you don't get dizzy. 

None of you sour ass mother fuckers can come up with even the slightest bit of tangible relatability as to how this game functioned competently in its position as Resident Evil. 

If you remove a couple characters from the equation it has basically nothing to do with anything Resident Evil related. It's not a survival horror,  it's an action/thriller. "Tension" is created by a lockup mechanic in control while attacking and hordes of enemies capable of wielding weapons and executing ranged attacks, its story doesn't make any sense whatsoever and has nothing to do with anything related to previous entries and there's just this massive gap in logical cohesion from the previous games to this. There's almost no backtracking and you get forced into an upward curve of linear forward progression which you can't go back on. You don't have to manage your resources for shit, the puzzles are weak and rudimentary and because of the lack of backtracking in the gameplay they're solved easily as everything you need is located in close proximity.

It's a garbage Resident Evil game, it's just as bad as 5 and 6 were. People seem to think those games were so much worse and some tragedy in relation to 4. No, they're just branches of exactly what was already wrong with 4 to begin with. 

Lmfao DynamiteCop actually thinks HE decides what a resident Evil game is. 

Shinji Mikami the creator of the Resident Evil series? Pfffft... what does he know? .... DynamiteCop knows more about what makes it a resident evil game than him :|

• Like 1