Just watched a Resident Evil 4 speed run

57 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's not even close to the first game to do it either, it's taking inspiration from god knows how many other games before it. The only thing I can attribute it to is 2005 is around the time that gaming started to become highly popularized, very mainstream, it was a less nerdy activity and the hot button game doing it at the time happened to be Resident Evil 4. It's not responsible for it in any capacity, it simply popularized it because it was riding on a wave of mainstream gaming indoctrination. 

Hell, Resident Evil 4 isn't even the first "survival horror" :mj: to do this, The Thing did it three years earlier in 2002... and that was actually a survival horror game... I'm sure something else did it even before that which was horror based...

thingish1.jpg

This is either really elaborate bait, or you're delusional to the point where its not even worth debating you

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You two are losers

Best game to ever bear the Resident Evil name. 

I was wrong and I have to apologize.       It's even worse than I remember.     

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

thank you. i want people to see your gaming opinions.......it makes my job easier.

What opinions? That developers source their material and game systems from other games? 

What a shocking revelation Jerry. Resident Evil 4 didn't do anything that hadn't already been done, get over it.

:mj:

Edited by DynamiteCop!
6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

What opinions? That developers source their material and game systems from other games? 

What a shocking revelation Jerry. Resident Evil 4 didn't do anything that hadn't already been done, get over it.

:mj:

really, what exactly did RE4 "source" from 2002's The Thing?

Point out the specific mechanics.

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

really, what exactly did RE4 "source" from 2002's The Thing?

Point out the specific mechanics.

You're trying too hard to latch onto one game, it was an example of a survival horror game and just a game in general which pre-dates Resident Evil 4 and has an over the shoulder camera. 

You know, the one thing it supposedly pioneered...

14 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You're trying too hard to latch onto one game, it was an example of a survival horror game and just a game in general which pre-dates Resident Evil 4 and has an over the shoulder camera. 

You know, the one thing it supposedly pioneered...

No, you just tried to make an argument about a video copying another video game.

It has no actual aiming because its auto-aim.

It has no actual zooming, you lose absolutely no perspective whatsoever, which is the main reason for it creating tension.

Don't take my word's for it, take the definitive review of RE4 by Greg Kasavin back in 2005:

Resident Evil 4 is presented in cinematic widescreen, so if you have a standard television set, you'll view the action in letterbox format. This not only contributes to the game's movielike feel, but it also gives you some much-needed peripheral vision of your surroundings. You view the action from behind Leon, and the perspective zooms in to a close, over-the-shoulder view when you ready a weapon, which you can easily aim using its laser sight. Realistically, Leon doesn't have a perfectly steady hand when aiming, but since most of the combat occurs in brutal close quarters, you don't usually need pinpoint accuracy to get the job done. You cannot move and fire at the same time, nor can you strafe from side to side as you can in a typical shooter, though Resident Evil 4 plays very much like a shooter otherwise. The zoomed view while aiming works great for drawing a bead on your enemies, but you naturally lose some of your situational awareness in the process, because you can see more of your periphery when you're not aiming at what's in front of you.

This dynamic has an exceptional way of heightening tension, since your foes love trying to surround you. They move and behave with frightening realism in the context of the game,

Edited by jehurey
2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, you just tried to make an argument about a video copying another video game.

It has no actual aiming because its auto-aim.

It has no actual zooming, you lose absolutely no perspective whatsoever, which is the main reason for it creating tension.

Don't take my word's for it, take the definitive review of RE4 by Greg Kasavin back in 2005:

Resident Evil 4 is presented in cinematic widescreen, so if you have a standard television set, you'll view the action in letterbox format. This not only contributes to the game's movielike feel, but it also gives you some much-needed peripheral vision of your surroundings. You view the action from behind Leon, and the perspective zooms in to a close, over-the-shoulder view when you ready a weapon, which you can easily aim using its laser sight. Realistically, Leon doesn't have a perfectly steady hand when aiming, but since most of the combat occurs in brutal close quarters, you don't usually need pinpoint accuracy to get the job done. You cannot move and fire at the same time, nor can you strafe from side to side as you can in a typical shooter, though Resident Evil 4 plays very much like a shooter otherwise. The zoomed view while aiming works great for drawing a bead on your enemies, but you naturally lose some of your situational awareness in the process, because you can see more of your periphery when you're not aiming at what's in front of you.

Splinter Cell says hello :hest:

46263-tom-clancy-s-splinter-cell-windows

This game didn't do anything other games were not already doing, nothing. :dead2:

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Splinter Cell says hello :hest:

46263-tom-clancy-s-splinter-cell-windows

This game didn't do anything other games were not already doing, nothing. :dead2:

So you just lost your argument regarding The Thing?

Correct?

Did I say that Resident Evil 4 invented THIRD PERSON CAMERA?

And is Splinter Cell a shooter on ANY real level?

LOL, I love how I got you running boy...............I'm going to make you run some more.

Just now, jehurey said:

So you just lost your argument regarding The Thing?

Correct?

Did I say that Resident Evil 4 invented THIRD PERSON CAMERA?

And is Splinter Cell a shooter on ANY real level?

LOL, I love how I got you running boy...............I'm going to make you run some more.

This is over Jerry, Resident Evil 4 is a pioneer of stealing from games all around it and destroying Resident Evil.

Congratulations on emboldening trash :mj:

8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This is over Jerry, Resident Evil 4 is a pioneer of stealing from games all around it and destroying Resident Evil.

Congratulations on emboldening trash :mj:

First smart thing you've done, is learn to cut and run.

Remember that next time you THINK about typing something as stupid on the level as "RE4 steals ideas that were already done in The Thing video game."

If you notice, nobody came to your aid with that one. When the dog takes a shit on the carpet, you rub his nose in that shit. Which is what I just did to you.

Edited by jehurey
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

First smart thing you've done, is learn to cut and run.

Remember that next time you THINK about typing something as stupid on the level as "RE4 steals ideas that were already done in The Thing video game."

If you notice, nobody came to your aid with that one. When the dog takes a shit on the carpet, you rub his nose in that shit. Which is what I just did to you.

You are one dumbass mother fucker :hest:

You still don't even understand why I posted The Thing, and even worse I explain in the very post why I posted it. 

14 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You are one dumbass mother fucker :hest:

You still don't even understand why I posted The Thing, and even worse I explain in the very post why I posted it. 

Oh, so your argument was in the form of a mysterious riddle that I can't figure out?

And then when I asked you for clarification, you ran away from it...............I presume to MAINTAIN the mystery of your claim? LOL

I got you runnin' again, boy.

Guys, guys...this thread isn't really about RE4.  It's about Deeno and Remij having a safe space to run off to because Crapdown 3 flopped and the last time they felt good about themselves was a thread where they could shit on one of the greatest games of all time.