Microsoft preparing Gamepass for Switch, will publish multiple games on Switch.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Imran Khan is a poster on ResetEra... :hest:

Holy shit guys, fucking echo chamber. He's getting his information from the thread there :mj:

i'm not saying it's going to happen, but it would be interesting if it's true (most likely will happen, since MS has mentioned bringing gamepass to other platforms). 

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

People thought Nintendo was gonna revive a dead and buried game and these madmen go and revive an entire dead and buried company. 

that's a wrap, folks. Wish you would have all seen this coming and sold of your Xboxes while you could. Almost too late now.   Xboner's reveal was literally a deathblow. the brand was sunk b

This thread will be great to look back on one day

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

i'm not saying it's going to happen, but it would be interesting if it's true (most likely will happen, since MS has mentioned bringing gamepass to other platforms). 

They never mentioned bringing it to other platforms, they're always cryptic and vague. They've said "Every Device" which is about as equivocal as "Play Anywhere"...

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

This what Moon Studios were basically hyping a month ago, about an industry changing announcement. Ori on Switch and full MS support on Switch.

Simple really.

My guess? I know exactly what you're talking about and I don't agree, through Microsoft's support with Ori and the money made I can see the announcement being not only a new game, but also that they've become a self funded studio. 

Another thing people also aren't considering is say this happens, why wouldn't Microsoft broker a deal for Nintendo's games? 

Nintendo could develop handhelds, Microsoft could develop home consoles, they share everything, everybody wins, every hardware base is covered competently etc. That's the kind of deal Microsoft would broker, not some one sided shit. 

Reggie just up and retires? Ehhh I don't know about that, he probably resigned or was let go because he didn't agree with something very big coming that was approved above his head...

Edited by DynamiteCop!
6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Another thing people also aren't considering is say this happens? Why wouldn't Microsoft broker a deal for Nintendo's games? 

Nintendo could develop handhelds, Microsoft could develop home consoles, they share everything. That's the kind of deal Microsoft would broker, not some one sided shit. 

Nintendo doesn't need MS hardware to sell its games. 

MS is the one that needs Nintendo to sell its MS first party games and expand it's reach. 

MS is the one who is aiming to have their games on everything with gamepass and XCloud. 

If MS game sales take off on Switch... MS games alot of $$ and a wider market reach (Asia) as well as a new userbase to sell services. 

Edited by Goukosan
2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Nintendo doesn't need MS hardware to sell its games. 

MS is the one that needs Nintendo to sell its MS first party games and expand it's reach. 

MS is the one who is aiming to have their games on everything with gamepass and XCloud. 

Uhuh, yeah and Reggie just up and "retired" too right? Sounds to me like something big happened he didn't agree with.

Nintendo needs those games they can't have as much as Microsoft needs Nintendo's games. There's a big void on both sides of the fence regardless of Nintendo doing well with their own games, they're barely getting anybody elses. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!

That would be the best.  Nintendo and MS joining forces.  Nintendo develops games and focuses on the handheld console which would support all of the 3rd party releases through streaming, the Switch would get all the indie releases natively and of course Nintendo's own games.  But they would also release on the console and PC with native 4K graphics support.

That would be AMAZING! :whew:

This aint that though :( 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

That would be the best.  Nintendo and MS joining forces.  Nintendo develops games and focuses on the handheld console which would support all of the 3rd party releases through streaming, the Switch would get all the indie releases natively and of course Nintendo's own games.  But they would also release on the console and PC with native 4K graphics support.

Dude Reggie just announced his retirement and this comes out of the woodwork the same day? It might not be that unrealistic, he has people wayyy above his pay grade making the actual decisions.

Imo at best, MS will get the Virtual console that NIntendo is rolling out. So you can play NES and others in the future on Xbox/PC. 

But this deal is 100% about MS expanding it's services, they'd do it even if they got nothing from Nintendo. Future gonna be interesting. Nintendo would nearly be up for it just to stick it to old enemy Sony. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Uhuh, yeah and Reggie just up and "retired" too right? Sounds to me like something big happened he didn't agree with.

Nintendo needs those games they can't have as much as Microsoft needs Nintendo's games. There's a big void on both sides of the fence regardless of Nintendo doing well with their own games, they're barely getting anybody elses. 

Reggie is leaving because Nintendo games will be om XB1 hardware? Why do you always pull shit out your ass?  you just created a baseless rumor out your own asshole and find that more believable than game informer actually backing up the Gamepass rumor? 

Everyone saw this coming coming once and XCloud was announced. 

1) Cross play... 

2) XBL accounts on Switch. 

3) Deeper XBL integration on Switch. 

4) MS announces that they want XCloud on the most devices possible. 

Now when this rumor pops up with industry backing.... DynamiteCop is like.... nah.. it's unbelievable... :grimaceleft:

It is my understanding GamePass/xCloud for Switch may be one in the same -- as in GamePass will use xCloud to bring the software to the system, but not 100% on that.

Ori will be normal, published release.

Just now, Goukosan said:

Reggie is leaving because Nintendo games will be om XB1 hardware? Why do you always pull shit out your ass?  you just created a baseless rumor out your own asshole and find that more believable than game informer actually backing up the Gamepass rumor? 

Everyone saw this coming coming once and XCloud was announced. 

1) Cross play... 

2) XBL accounts on Switch. 

3) Deeper XBL integration on Switch. 

4) MS announces that they want XCloud on the most devices possible. 

Now when this rumor pops up with industry backing.... DynamiteCop is like.... nah.. it's unbelievable... :grimaceleft:

It is my understanding GamePass/xCloud for Switch may be one in the same -- as in GamePass will use xCloud to bring the software to the system, but not 100% on that.

Ori will be normal, published release.

Now you're getting nervous 

Smash on Xbox :aitch:

7 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Lemming pipe dreams to lessen the blow of XCloud and gamepass on Switch :mj:

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Imo at best, MS will get the Virtual console that NIntendo is rolling out. So you can play NES and others in the future on Xbox/PC. 

But this deal is 100% about MS expanding it's services, they'd do it even if they got nothing from Nintendo. Future gonna be interesting. Nintendo would nearly be up for it just to stick it to old enemy Sony. 

Yea, I honestly don't see Nintendo putting anything on Xbox.  We're not at that point yet.

It really makes me wonder though.. Nintendo and MS have been friendly with each other lately... and throughout the history of video games, there are quite a few known instances of companies who were going to collaborate, and it usually falls through... but maybe this time Nintendo and MS have been making moves behind the scenes and things are going well?  I don't see Nintendo going back to traditional hardware consoles like PS and Xbox.  So maybe they feel they can both offer each other what the other needs?  It would be crazy.. 

E3 this year :lupe: 

Yea, I honestly don't see Nintendo putting anything on Xbox.  We're not at that point yet.

It really makes me wonder though.. Nintendo and MS have been friendly with each other lately... and throughout the history of video games, there are quite a few known instances of companies who were going to collaborate, and it usually falls through... but maybe this time Nintendo and MS have been making moves behind the scenes and things are going well?  I don't see Nintendo going back to traditional hardware consoles like PS and Xbox.  So maybe they feel they can both offer each other what the other needs?  It would be crazy.. 

E3 this year :lupe: 

If I'm wrong and MS stuff goes to Switch then TLHBO, but if I'm right about this collab with one filling the voids of the other and so on... The sheep are not dead, dead implies there's some kind of remains, they will have been obliterated from existence itself.

:hest: