Microsoft preparing Gamepass for Switch, will publish multiple games on Switch.

Just now, Team 2019 said:

Can't wait for the touchscreen S rank runs of DMC5, and Seriko speed runs with streaming lag input. Exciting. I'm there day 1.

You are you Aza... you're a console gamer.  THINK OUTSIDE YOUR OWN FUCKING HEAD FOR A MINUTE! :lemming: 

And again... think of the FUTURE where networks are improved drastically and latency is reduced..  You're so narrow minded.  It's why I hate having a conversation with you about anything forward looking. 

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

People thought Nintendo was gonna revive a dead and buried game and these madmen go and revive an entire dead and buried company. 

that's a wrap, folks. Wish you would have all seen this coming and sold of your Xboxes while you could. Almost too late now.   Xboner's reveal was literally a deathblow. the brand was sunk b

This thread will be great to look back on one day

Just now, Remij_ said:

You are you Aza... you're a console gamer.  THINK OUTSIDE YOUR OWN FUCKING HEAD FOR A MINUTE! :lemming: 

And again... think of the FUTURE where networks are improved drastically and latency is reduced..  You're so narrow minded.  It's why I hate having a conversation with you about anything forward looking. 

Think about THE FUTURE where you don't spend $1000 on a graphics card to run games at 144hz... and stream. Wait that future is coming in 2050. Maybe,

46 minutes ago, S#$@%^i said:

They aren't making ports at all.  wtf they have a platform with servers running virtual machines and that streams to another device.  There is no coding or porting involved.  That's the entire point of cloud services.  They make one game and the servers are adjusted to stream to other devices through an application.. it would never run natively on switch :D switch can barely run its own games.

What will be funny is that MS's streaming  games will likely run better than switch developed games :cruise:

LOL this guy is trying to spin MS becoming 3rd party as ownage on Nintendo. :drake:

Start practicing that tactic for the next 2 years.

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

:snoop: 

Console games will be popular on phones...  You're in for a fucking surprise if you don't agree. :mjpls: 

yes.. all the casuals will rush out and purchase the controller attachment and purchase a XCloud subscription on top of that....... 

i

Just now, Team 2019 said:

People buying $500 consoles... Twice.

Are talking about phones. I have cognitive dissonance.

Why do lameduck people like you keep posting this as if the Pro didn't introduce the exact same situation as the X?

Do you see people saying "Oh snap you idiots spent $400 twice hurr durr"? No, stop being such a dumbass.

7 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

yes.. all the casuals will rush out and purchase the controller attachment and purchase a XCloud subscription on top of that....... 

i

All?  No.  Some?  Sure.  Net+

I mean... Aza acts like people are gonna be dying to buy a PS5 tablet so they can stream their PS5 games...  It's gonna have controllers that dock to the tablet... and the tablet isn't going to do anything other than play Playstation games.. 

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Why do lameduck people like you keep posting this as if the Pro didn't introduce the exact same situation as the X?

Do you see people saying "Oh snap you idiots spent $400 twice hurr durr"? No, stop being such a dumbass.

Because it came out 1 year earlier, and cost cheaper? What do you expect hardwarewise. Consoles are balance act. if the X launched like 2 years into the gen, I could find it appealing. MS released a $500 brick, and said thank you for your $500. The games are coming next-gen.

If you want to talk market, XBox is getting the biggest YOY declines. So they did something wrong with it. Clearly. 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

All?  No.  Some?  Sure.  Net+

I mean... Aza acts like people are gonna be dying to buy a PS5 tablet so they can stream their PS5 games...  It's gonna have controllers that dock to the tablet... and the tablet isn't going to do anything other than play Playstation games.. 

The tablet will be an optional addon like PSVR. You're comparing apples to oranges.

8 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Because it came out 1 year earlier, and cost cheaper? What do you expect hardwarewise. Consoles are balance act. if the X launched like 2 years into the gen, I could find it appealing. MS released a $500 brick, and said thank you for your $500. The games are coming next-gen.

If you want to talk market, XBox is getting the biggest YOY declines. So they did something wrong with it. Clearly. 

Let's analyse this comment shall we...

• It did release a year later, it is more expensive but it's also got the same compute ceiling as the Pro and base PlayStation 4 combined but more than that it performs in the 80th percentile above the Pro instead of the 40th which its specs align with.
  • It's got UHD Blu-Ray, it's got FreeSync, it's got VRR, it's got Atmos, it's smaller, it uses less power, it's quieter, it runs cooler...
  • It's a $500 brick you say... Well it's got 402 enhanced games available right now, the Pro has 390... So this brick which released 15 months ago not only caught but surpassed the support of a console that released 27 months ago.
  • I seem to see plenty of games coming out that make great use of this system, games are not a problem.

:shrug:

Edited by DynamiteCop!
3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

The tablet will be an optional addon like PSVR. You're comparing apples to oranges.

Uh, and Xbox streaming could be an optional feature for anyone with a phone, tablet, PC, Switch, and whever else...

So Aza... WHERE DOES THIS LEAVE SONY?  What is Sony going to do for this future?

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Let's analyse this comment shall we...

• It did release a year later, it is more expensive but it's also got the same compute ceiling as the Pro and base PlayStation 4 combined but more than that it performs in the 80 percentile above the Pro instead of the 40th which its specs align with.
  • It's a $500 brick you say... Well it's got 402 enhanced games available right now, the Pro has 390... So this brick which released 15 months ago not only caught but surpassed the support of a console that released 27 months ago.
  • I seem to see plenty of games coming out that make great use of this system, games are not a problem.

:shrug:

Well that's very nice and all, but I'd take an S powered system with AAA exclusives over the existence of the X.

Pro offers a great mid gen optional upgrade. The timing and pricing also result in an earlier next-gen start for Sony over MS. It's consoles, there are trade offs, and balances. 

First of all, the rumor specifically said GamePass.........when we know that Microsoft considered GamePass and xCloud as two different things.

And secondly, seeing lemmings trying to sell us on the idea of "bringing games to phones will be HUGE" is just laughable. Like Aza says...........its gaming predictions straight out of 2010.

If Microsoft released xCloud on nothing BUT iOS and Android phones, their service would be criticized, and it would gain no traction whatsoever. People will not continue paying $10/month for that experience. The subscriber numbers would stall and dwindle.

The best chance of that service thriving, and possibly GROWING is through PC and through Switch.

But with that said........Microsoft hasn't even PROVEN their concept. Google has beaten them to it, and they have only done it on the PC.

I simply don't think you can do it unless you have a hardline internet connection, or else its going to be a laggy mess. I don't think they have xCloud ready yet.  Its probably easier for them to just downport certain GamePass games to Switch.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Uh, and Xbox streaming could be an optional feature for anyone with a phone, tablet, PC, Switch, and whever else...

So Aza... WHERE DOES THIS LEAVE SONY?  What is Sony going to do for this future?

Making consoles? The you know the market I care about, with actual exclusives.

If you think I'd buy a PS5 with Switch having PSNow, at least at launch, or full price. That just ain't happening. I main a Playstation because it offers the best balance between exclusives, multiplats, and graphics. Not because it has a Sony logo.

Just now, jehurey said:

First of all, the rumor specifically said GamePass.........when we know that Microsoft considered GamePass and xCloud as two different things.

And secondly, seeing lemmings trying to sell us on the idea of "bringing games to phones will be HUGE" is just laughable. Like Aza says...........its gaming predictions straight out of 2010.

If Microsoft released xCloud on nothing BUT iOS and Android phones, their service would be criticized, and it would gain no traction whatsoever. People will not continue paying $10/month for that experience. The subscriber numbers would stall and dwindle.

The best chance of that service thriving, and possibly GROWING is through PC and through Switch.

But with that said........Microsoft hasn't even PROVEN their concept. Google has beaten them to it, and they have only done it on the PC.

I simply don't think you can do it unless you have a hardline internet connection, or else its going to be a laggy mess. I don't think they have xCloud ready yet.  Its probably easier for them to just downport certain GamePass games to Switch.

Post rendered false in the first sentence, I'm not even reading the rest. 

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/12/06/phil-spencer-wants-xbox-game-pass-to-cross-over-with-project-xcloud

anyone still actively invested in the xbox ecosystem, clench your cheeks. you're about to lose a lot of money.

sell sell sell!

Xbox is currently transitioning into something you don't want to be a part of. putting $1000 into games and hardware, you're bound to lose w/ xbox. all of it will be worthless. It's heading to the point of no return, the brand is seriously damaged beyond repair.

Xbox is folding right before your eyes. think twice about buying games for it