Microsoft preparing Gamepass for Switch, will publish multiple games on Switch.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

People thought Nintendo was gonna revive a dead and buried game and these madmen go and revive an entire dead and buried company. 

that's a wrap, folks. Wish you would have all seen this coming and sold of your Xboxes while you could. Almost too late now.   Xboner's reveal was literally a deathblow. the brand was sunk b

This thread will be great to look back on one day

6 minutes ago, S#$@%^i said:

They aren't making ports at all.  wtf they have a platform with servers running virtual machines and that streams to another device.  There is no coding or porting involved.  That's the entire point of cloud services.  They make one game and the servers are adjusted to stream to other devices through an application.. it would never run natively on switch :D switch can barely run its own games.

What will be funny is that MS's streaming  games will likely run better than switch developed games :cruise:

While that is true, they even got Hellblade running on it natively. And lower powered games like Ori are going to do the same.

Or are we ignoring this?

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

While that is true, they even got Hellblade running on it natively. And lower powered games like Ori are going to do the same.

Or are we ignoring this?

Hellblade has already been addressed ala Minecraft and there's zero credence to Ori getting ported.

19 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Streaming infrastucture and maintaince is EXPENSIVE, especially when its in its infancy just being setup. They need all the hardware they can get.

And yes Switch is a huge part of it. With $10 game pass, and streaming investments costs MS will probably be going for a loss leader for a long ass time.

Okay. lmao do you have any idea how long MS has been developing Azure?  Do you have any idea how many data centers they own running those virtual servers already?   MS has a huge war chest and these tiny sums are nothing for them.  They are looking at the big picture.  Sony on the other hand is doing alright for now but they need to evolve.  They just don't know how.  MS are the experts in server communications, networks and cloud computing.  Sony doesn't know jack shit and they should start to learn and build an infrastructure because online-all-the-time gaming is coming whether you like it or not.  Sure you can hire shit contractors to built you a cheap network but sony will never invest in it like MS has and will continue to do.  It's the future.  Sorry, physical media is on it's way out.  Sony better adapt.

Think about it this way.  Let's say MS builds thousands of data centers (they've already built a lot) worldwide and have say 1000+ servers in each data center.. Each one of those servers are running many instances of a virtual machine.  Those individual virtual machines may represent several switch, android or apple tablet sessions.  This means that just one server can potentially host hundreds or thousands of switch users playing those streaming games.  The game actually runs on the server with limited assets running natively on the host system.  That's the whole point of this technology and why MS is implementing it.

It's pretty sad when sony, Aza and the competition don't even understand the scope of the technology and has no idea how it works yet come to SW spouting TLHBR! TLHBR! TLHBR! but they are actually about to get anally raped. 

Edited by S#$@%^i
25 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Like 1.7 billion people play games on their phones... But please don't stop trying to convince me that Switch with its 33 million install base is the bastion and savior of game streaming...

:sabu:

The phone market base plays free to play and free games.    They're not going to subscribe to a steaming service + purchase a controller attachment to play games on their phones. 

Phone gamers =/= the console or HH gamers. 

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Or are we ignoring this?

Ori isn't a low powered game at all though.  It's actually quite demanding.  Did you know that the game is entirely in 3d?

Just now, Goukosan said:

The phone market base plays free to play and free games.    They're not going to subscribe to a steaming service + purchase a controller attachment to play games on their phones. 

Phone gamers =/= the console or HH gamers. 

There's a lot that will.  Phone gamers are phone gamers because console games aren't where they are... soon, that may no longer be the case and tons of people could start playing these games..  Look at PUBG and Fortnite...

1 minute ago, S#$@%^i said:

Okay. lmao do you have any idea how long MS has been developing Azure?  Do you have any idea how many data centers they own running those virtual machines already?  MS has a huge war chest and these tiny sums are nothing for them.  They are looking at the big picture.  Sony on the other hand is doing alright for now but they need to evolve.  They just don't know how.  MS are the experts in server communications, networks and cloud computing.  Sony does't know jack shit and they should start to learn and build an infrastructure because online all the time gaming is coming whether you like it or not.

What exactly does Sony have to do with Switch game streaming? I didn't buy a Playstation to stream God of War on my Switch.

Just now, Team 2019 said:

Okay, thats not what we're hearing.

But even if it is streamed? So what. I mean is this the best counter we get? Phones? Seriously?

If it's streamed then it still plays into exactly what I've said before. You can experience their games anywhere but if you want the best experience and native operation you have to come to their console or OS via PC.

Just now, Remij_ said:

There's a lot that will.  Phone gamers are phone gamers because console games aren't where they are... soon, that may no longer be the case and tons of people could start playing these games..  Look at PUBG and Fortnite...

The Switch market is lucrative. Period. Arguing about phones is irrelevant in the face of SW's big 3.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

What do you think will happen in Japan when they realize they can play console games on their phones?

:aitch:

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

If it's streamed then it still plays into exactly what I've said before. You can experience their games anywhere but if you want the best experience and native operation you have to come to their console or OS via PC.

I agree. I'd only go for the PC solution out of all the given ones for MS games.

But I could see myself just not giving a shit, and streaming for Switch for some 2D Isometric WRPG from Inxile or something.

Just now, Remij_ said:

Yes.. while Fortnite and PUBG are a success on phones.... it's bigger on PC and consoles. 

and it's like you're proving my point for me... both PUBG and Fortnite are free to play games.... 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

What do you think will happen in Japan when they realize they can play console games on their phones?

:aitch:

In Japan they have been playing console games on phones for years :mj2:

Yet... the free to play games are the ones that make bank on phones. 

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Nothing. Gran Blue Fantasia and the other 5 Cygames will bring in $2 billion each a year.

Think again, the reason Switch is exploding in Japan is because it's a mobile solution... However it's a mobile solution which costs money... If games go straight to these peoples phones what do they need a Switch for? This would also dramatically escalate Japanese development on Xbox.

Edited by DynamiteCop!
3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Yes.. while Fortnite and PUBG are a success on phones.... it's bigger on PC and consoles. 

and it's like you're proving my point for me... both PUBG and Fortnite are free to play games.... 

People spend ludicrous amounts of money on that game....  a $10 subscription isn't shit.. .please :D 

And those are console games, which moved over and made a splash in the so called "candy crush" market... There's a market there for console games... people just need the ability to be able to play them there..