The gender pay gap

@zwarior @mcwicked 

please just watch from 10:15, she sums it up eloquently. 

And I will say again, I do believe there is a pay gap, but there are legitimate reasons for it and its not because of sexism. It's because life gets in the way for different people at different times, and people make different choices as to what to do with their lives. 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why was he mansplaining her?

I literally posted links and then quoted from them the reasons why. You scrolled pass the answers to write the very questions they do answer

Posted Images

Oh lookie, I can post videos, too!

~2050 at the current rate (re: meaning people keep fighting for wage equality) is when you can stop making up biology arguments because wage equality scares you.

1 hour ago, Cookester15 said:

you can't critically think about this kind of thing and actually believe their is still a gender pay gap in the western world. As soon as you do think about it and look at actual facts and statistics a huge hole is blown in the theory, so instead leftists resort to feelings instead of facts. 

I'm a leftist or progressive and I know women, especially western ones are a bunch of crybabies. Slow down now. Why do you not have an issue with corporate greed? Who lied to you and told you to be concerned with thy neighboor? 

Edited by kokujin
Just now, McWicked said:

~2050 at the current rate (re: meaning people keep fighting for wage equality) is when you can stop making up biology arguments because wage equality scares you.

1 minute ago, McWicked said:

I watched it, it just reiterating headline states with zero nuance and detail as to why these numbers exist :|  this is why you can't argue my points, you have none. 

They look at how much a man made and how much a woman made in a year and thats it. They didn't analyze HOW MANY HOURS IN A YEAR THEY WORKED. that part continually gets overlooked because it doesn't fit the narrative. 

Just now, Cookester15 said:

I watched it, it just reiterating headline states with zero nuance and detail as to why these numbers exist :|  

They polled over 4000 companies and compared it to historical data.  You told me to watch one woman give anecdotes. :] 

41 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

Well i think the reason for this is the type of brain men and women have..

12 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

there are legitimate reasons for it and its not because of sexism.

:trump2:

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, McWicked said:

They polled over 4000 companies and compared it to historical data.  You told me to watch one woman give anecdotes. :] 

And citing studies :|  

Again, there is nuance to the figures, why can't you see that?   A female pilot will make the same per hour as a male pilot. This is the law. If the female pilot decides to work less shifts because she wants a better work life balance should she receive more money to work less? Do you even have an answer? What would be your solution? Please tell me! 

2 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

And citing studies :|  

Again, there is nuance to the figures, why can't you see that?   A female pilot will make the same per hour as a male pilot. This is the law. If the female pilot decides to work less shifts because she wants a better work life balance should she receive more money to work less? Do you even have an answer? What would be your solution? Please tell me! 

Bruh you're telling people the reason women get paid less is because of their womanly brains, then you're saying sexism has nothing to do with it.  Ain't no discussion to be had, there. :D 

18 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

@zwarior @mcwicked 

please just watch from 10:15, she sums it up eloquently. 

And I will say again, I do believe there is a pay gap, but there are legitimate reasons for it and its not because of sexism. It's because life gets in the way for different people at different times, and people make different choices as to what to do with their lives. 

She's saying what you already said. Minus the mysogeny

Just now, McWicked said:

Bruh you're telling people the reason women get paid less is because of their womanly brains, then you're saying sexism has nothing to do with it.  Ain't no discussion to be had, there. :D 

Wow you really aren't good at looking at the world from the distance. 

Women get paid the same as men if they are working the same job and working the same amount of hours.

There are scientific differences between men and women, talking about this is not sexist, its science. If you can't discuss science then thats ok, maybe you didn't take any biology courses in university. 

Just now, zwarior said:

is he really gay or does he hate women so much he'd rather fuck men

lol, why do you guys keep bringing up me being gay in this discussion. What the fuck does my sexuality have to do with the gender pay gap discussion? seriously.. 

Just now, McWicked said:

It's like the Django video sailed right over your head. :cruise: 

We've come a long way since measuring head sizes :| Seriously dude, can you actually make REAL arguments or is it all conjecture and diversions? Ill ask you again, WHAT IS YOUR SOLUTION TO FIX THIS PAY GAP!?

Either we pay men less per hour on average, ban overtime, pay women more than men to work less hours or just let men and women make their own choices. I choose option 4, its the most liberal. 

11 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

We've come a long way since measuring head sizes :|

Apparently we haven't come far enough, since we still got people misrepresenting science to justify their pre-conceived notions.