The gender pay gap

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why was he mansplaining her?

I literally posted links and then quoted from them the reasons why. You scrolled pass the answers to write the very questions they do answer

Posted Images

Just now, McWicked said:

Apparently we haven't come far enough, since we still got people misrepresenting science to justify their pre-conceived notions. 

In what way have I misrepresented science? 

Just now, Cookester15 said:

In what way have I misrepresented science? 

Talking about women's brains as causes for their choices while hand-waving environmental factors as if it were settled science is one fuckton of a misrepresentation.

But that's what alt-righters do.  We got a coal lobbyist in charge of the EPA, a president that thinks vaccines cause autism, a the white house is putting together a team of climate change deniers to counteract their own report that climate change is real.  Science denial and alt-right ideology go hand in hand.

2 minutes ago, McWicked said:

Talking about women's brains as causes for their choices while hand-waving environmental factors as if it were settled science is one fuckton of a misrepresentation.

But that's what alt-righters do.  We got a coal lobbyist in charge of the EPA, a president that thinks vaccines cause autism, a the white house is putting together a team of climate change deniers to counteract their own report that climate change is real.  Science denial and alt-right ideology go hand in hand.

Its not just about one thing. There are multiple reasons for women making less than a man in a year. There are scientific reasons, those are very real reasons, it is not sexist to talk about it.

Also if men are paid more than women why the fuck would a business want to hire men? Aren't businesses in the business of making profits? :drake:

Its not just about one thing. There are multiple reasons for women making less than a man in a year. There are scientific reasons, those are very real reasons, it is not sexist to talk about it.

Also if men are paid more than women why the fuck would a business want to hire men? Aren't businesses in the business of making profits? :drake:

http://time.com/4398888/doctors-gender-wage-gap/

I dunno, but it happens.  I'm sorry that hurts you on a deep level. :] 

4 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

I could pick fields were men make less than women on average. Would this help?  ok brb in an hour. 

Would it help your case?  No.  You'd just be arguing that the wage gap is a problem instead of failing to explain why it isn't.

31 minutes ago, McWicked said:

Would it help your case?  No.  You'd just be arguing that the wage gap is a problem instead of failing to explain why it isn't.

ok that was a short game, easy win. 

I've asked you numerous times what you think a solution would be and you never reply to the question. 

I will definitely concede this particular area, if women are making less than men in the doctor profession after working the same hours etc then its wrong and needs to be corrected. I'd like to know what kind of doctor they are referring to, because a family doctor pretty much sets their own hours and can see as many patients in a day as they see fit up to government regulated limits. If a female doctor is seeing less than her limit she will be paid less for the day. And it has already been established by numerous studies that men choose on average to work more hours than women do. Men tend to live to work while women work to live. I know i know, thats sexist (no its not https://www.forbes.com/sites/karinagness/2016/06/30/new-report-men-work-longer-hours-than-women/#3b14237518b4 )

30 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

I will definitely concede this particular area, 

:juggle: 

I assure you, Cookie, I give you the argumentation that you deserve as an alt-righter that happens to be gay. :rawf: 

12 minutes ago, McWicked said:

:juggle: 

I assure you, Cookie, I give you the argumentation that you deserve as an alt-righter that happens to be gay. :rawf: 

So another non answer then? 

So another non answer then? 

I don't believe anyone seriously arguing that women's brains are what keeps them from getting paid more is arguing in good faith.

5 minutes ago, McWicked said:

I don't believe anyone seriously arguing that women's brains are what keeps them from getting paid more is arguing in good faith.

Is that what you actually think my argument is? Is this what you have reduced it down to? "Cooke thinks women are inferior and should be paid less"

Really dude  :mj:

10 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

Is that what you actually think my argument is? Is this what you have reduced it down to? "Cooke thinks women are inferior and should be paid less"

3 hours ago, Cookester15 said:

Well i think the reason for this is the type of brain men and women have

:]