Brie Larson Doesn’t Want ‘Captain Marvel’ Press Tour To Be “Overwhelmingly White Male”

I showed a Wrinkle in time to my 7yo nephew and niece, they had the same issues with it as the consensus of older white male critics

Judging story telling techniques/skills seems natural. Aross age, race, gender. Like the functionality of a game, you can just tell what controller feels more natural than one distracting from the game experience.

And thats why the gamecube controller is the best controller of all time.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The clitoris has 8,000 nerve endings and still isn't as sensitive as white guys on the internet.

The Jerry Merry Go Round really is something else.  'So what you're saying is....'  'You won't answer this' (Procedes to answer this) 'You sound...' 'you sound like you're'  

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, McWicked said:

I guess we're down to arguing whether or not this was a planned PR stunt because if we're arguing that, we don't have to argue about what's actually wrong with Brie Larson including minorities in her Press Tour, to which the answer is absolutely nothing.

Because nothing is wrong with wanting more diversity.  The problem is the constant need to mention white people as the issue.

If there are issues... and of course there are... then make the changes you can make.  When you have to speak about, or announce, or mention that you're doing something FOR PEOPLE TO NOTICE what it is you want to do... while at the same time potentially offend an entire race.. then there's a problem.

Are you happy with what Brie is doing?

Would you have noticed or given a single FUCK, if this didn't come out?

No you wouldn't have.  You just want to pick on white people.  :reg: 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Because nothing is wrong with wanting more diversity.  The problem is the constant need to mention white people as the issue.

If there are issues... and of course there are... then make the changes you can make.  When you have to speak about, or announce, or mention that you're doing something FOR PEOPLE TO NOTICE what it is you want to do... while at the same time potentially offend an entire race.. then there's a problem.

Are you happy with what Brie is doing?

Would you have noticed or given a single FUCK, if this didn't come out?

If this is the worst thing going on for white guys.........that people MENTION them when describing trying to how the want to implement diversity.........then white guys don't seem to have real problems.

I think we can make a comparison to this. When there's a terrorist attack around the world, alot of people on this forum are quite adamant that we MENTION BY NAME who is the category of person that is behind the majority of these attacks.

If they think that liberals are skirting around mentioning them by name, they actually get mad and try to make an issue out of that.

So, I guess what white guys are now saying is that we should BE NICE to that demographic...........and NOT MENTION THEM by name, right?

Edited by jehurey
11 hours ago, Remij_ said:

This might fly if we had threads like this every time an unarmed black man got shot by the police here, but we don't.  We only have threads when some white woman does a thing that makes fragile white guys feel more insecure.  And then we hear excuse after excuse about how it's totally not what she's doing, it's that she's virtue signalling.  It's 100% A-OK to do what she's doing, but she'd better not talk about it in an interview or she's going to hurt some fragile white guys' feelings, somewhere.

11 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Oh, I see.  Now we've shifted away from what's wrong with Brie Larson's actions (nothing), and onto Big Bad McWicked being a Big Bad McBully. :D 

Crackdown 3 flopped, son.  Get over it. :really:

1 hour ago, McWicked said:

This might fly if we had threads like this every time an unarmed black man got shot by the police here, but we don't.  We only have threads when some white woman does a thing that makes fragile white guys feel more insecure.  And then we hear excuse after excuse about how it's totally not what she's doing, it's that she's virtue signalling.  It's 100% A-OK to do what she's doing, but she'd better not talk about it in an interview or she's going to hurt some fragile white guys' feelings, somewhere.

Oh, I see.  Now we've shifted away from what's wrong with Brie Larson's actions (nothing), and onto Big Bad McWicked being a Big Bad McBully. :D 

Crackdown 3 flopped, son.  Get over it. :really:

Yes... what I said is wrong because SW doesn't make enough threads about black people being shot by police :drake: 

Any time a white person comments on anything regarding perception of their own race.. you turn into a tissy bitch... and love to attack them for it.  It's because you WANT white people to feel guilty for everything.  All of this could have been taken care of, without needing to mention any race.

"A year ago I noticed that during my press events there wasn't a diverse representation of reporters, so I enacted some changes to allow a more diverse and inclusive range of people to attend my press events.  I feel that it would be nice if say, regarding a movie about woman's issues, that there were more women reporters representing at the event."

That's a completely agreeable statement... and nobody gets offended.

But no... white people MUST know that they were overwhelmingly over-represented.. and minorities need to know that she made a positive change for them, on her own behalf...  She needs to mention that because if she didn't.. nobody would notice.  I fully believe that.  Nobody would give a single fuck.

And the problem white people have is that it's not just a little statement here, or there... it's that it's everywhere you look.. it's meant to drag white people down and make them feel guilty.  It's an agenda that's specifically designed to alienate them while attempting to boost minorities... when the goal should be uniting us all together.  When you can say the same thing, and make the same changes, WITHOUT speaking about specific races.. then THAT is what you should do... because regardless of how fragile you think whites are regarding this stuff... and if that's what's REALLY happening, then it's in the best interest to be as tactful as possible when speaking out... otherwise you're never going to reach the goal.

But you guys love to spin it as... "white people get pissy because someone wants diversity"... Nope, sorry... white people want diversity to happen without constantly being told that they are the ones against it.  

And you're still going on about Crackdown eh?  Keep it up.. 

22 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

bbut my fragility.. you doing good hurts me:feelsbadman:

You're missing the point... and doing exactly what I said.

You can do good... and not speak in such a way about an entire group of people.  I even gave you an example of what she could have said.  Plain and simple.

But nope... You're fixated on white people's fragility... because.. you want to pick on white people for anything you can.  We have to keep telling white people they are the root of every problem :cries:  They HAVE to know...  You act like this is a single solitary instance of white people just getting caught up in their fee fees because someone wants to do good! 

It's dumb shit... you know the issue is bigger than that.  Keep holding the past over white people's heads while at the same time expecting them to view things your way while you shit on them... cause that totally works.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

You're missing the point... and doing exactly what I said.

You can do good... and not speak in such a way about an entire group of people.  I even gave you an example of what she could have said.  Plain and simple.

But nope... You're fixated on white people's fragility... because.. you want to pick on white people for anything you can.  We have to keep telling white people they are the root of every problem :cries:  They HAVE to know...  You act like this is a single solitary instance of white people just getting caught up in their fee fees because someone wants to do good! 

It's dumb shit... you know the issue is bigger than that.  Keep holding the past over white people's heads while at the same time expecting them to view things your way while you shit on them... cause that totally works.

the fact that you think this is "picking on white people" actually shows how fragile you are...... "you're picking on me" :awww:

Just now, Goukosan said:

the fact that you think this is "picking on white people" actually shows how fragile you are...... "you're picking on me" :awww:

I didn't say I do... I said that people do... and people do.  Obviously. :|  I'm trying to have a discussion here to help you understand, but you have no intention of doing so, clearly.

So what's going to be done about people like this?  Could they not word things differently as I said?  

In a world where everyone is outraged about everything... I mean.. during any other completely outlandish shit, you defend the offended people... almost always.  Like that fat feminist bitch that was attacking that guy for saying his name was Hugh Mungus... lmfao.  You handwaved that shit away as nothing when people were bringing up how ridiculous it was.  Is it really a surprise that SOME white people are acting/being offended about constant attacks about them being against diversity, and racists and general assholes responsible for everything wrong?

So your response is to continue to belittle those people because of how ridiculous they are being... and yet you expect to make inroads to those people?  How do you plan to urge compassion and understanding when dealing with these people?  Or is the idea that you don't want to and those people can fuck off?  Then congrats... you don't want to make positive changes.. you just want to tear down white people.  

Just now, Remij_ said:

I didn't say I do... I said that people do... and people do.  Obviously. :|  I'm trying to have a discussion here to help you understand, but you have no intention of doing so, clearly.

So what's going to be done about people like this?  Could they not word things differently as I said?  

In a world where everyone is outraged about everything... I mean.. during any other completely outlandish shit, you defend the offended people... almost always.  Like that fat feminist bitch that was attacking that guy for saying his name was Hugh Mungus... lmfao.  You handwaved that shit away as nothing when people were bringing up how ridiculous it was.  Is it really a surprise that SOME white people are acting/being offended about constant attacks about them being against diversity, and racists and general assholes responsible for everything wrong?

So your response is to continue to belittle those people because of how ridiculous they are being... and yet you expect to make inroads to those people?  How do you plan to urge compassion and understanding when dealing with these people?  Or is the idea that you don't want to and those people can fuck off?  Then congrats... you don't want to make positive changes.. you just want to tear down white people.  

You're confused...  im not trying to fix fragile people on the internet..:hehe:

Bre did something good and some fragile people are upset.... the impact of her good deeds far out weight that of the thin skinned cry babies. 

Life goes on. 

8 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

You're confused...  im not trying to fix fragile people on the internet..:hehe:

Bre did something good and some fragile people are upset.... the impact of her good deeds far out weight that of the thin skinned cry babies. 

Life goes on. 

You keep thinking this is just about crybabies posting on the internet..except these are the same people who voted in your president... the same people that shoot up schools...  These people exist in the real world... and it doesn't stay manifested as just posts on the internet.

None of this helps that....  Especially when I'm straight the fuck up telling you that the same good could have happened WITHOUT the need to offend or stir the pot of thin-skinned people.

But yea, life goes on.

22 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

You keep thinking this is just about crybabies posting on the internet..except these are the same people who voted in your president... the same people that shoot up schools...  These people exist in the real world... and it doesn't stay manifested as just posts on the internet.

None of this helps that....  Especially when I'm straight the fuck up telling you that the same good could have happened WITHOUT the need to offend or stir the pot of thin-skinned people.

But yea, life goes on.

Stifling the good you're doing won't stop them from being thin skinned and fragile. 

They don't stifle the shit they're doing but the good works should be? lmfao 

GTFO with that shit. 

They will find something else to cry about next month.  The end. 

Edited by Goukosan

I honestly don't see the need or the benefit of saying "don't want it to be overwhelmingly white" in a predominately white country. If I went to China and made a movie and said "I don't want it to be overwhelmingly Chinese" what do you think would happen? 

17 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Stifling the good you're doing won't stop them from being thin skinned and fragile. 

They don't stifle the shit they're doing but the good works should be? lmfao 

GTFO with that shit. 

They will find something else to cry about next month.  The end. 

How is it stifling by enacting the same changes, and simply not mentioning sides?  You're spewing shit right out of your own ass.  The "stifling" that you are referring to... is doing something good without the need to make whiny white people feel offended.  You don't want that.  You WANT them to feel offended.  You can bullshit all you want... but you definitely do. :shrug: 

29 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

How is it stifling by enacting the same changes, and simply not mentioning sides?  You're spewing shit right out of your own ass.  The "stifling" that you are referring to... is doing something good without the need to make whiny white people feel offended.  You don't want that.  You WANT them to feel offended.  You can bullshit all you want... but you definitely do. :shrug: 

You're basically blaming Bre's actions for the thin skins getting offended instead of putting accountability on the thin Skins for them making themselves offended by her doing good. 

You then you go on to assume that I want them to get offended :mj:.... I could careless if they're offended by someone doing good. 

If someone is offended by someone doing good that's their problem for getting offended by someone doing good... not my problem bro :cmpunk1:.

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

You're basically blaming Bre's actions for the thin skins getting offended instead of putting accountability on the thin Skins for them making themselves offended by her doing good. 

You then you go on to assume that I want them to get offended :mj:.... I could careless if they're offended by someone doing good. 

If someone is offended by someone doing good that's their problem for getting offended by someone doing good... not my problem bro :cmpunk1:.

They aren't offended by someone doing good... 

The are getting offended by the constant need to bring up the fact that they are the offenders...

Get a fucking clue man :D 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

They aren't offended by someone doing good... 

The are getting offended by the constant need to bring up the fact that they are the offenders...

Get a fucking clue man :D 

"Do good, just don't talk about it because I'll get offended by you saying you did and I'll also get offended if you call out the offenders... please respect my fragility... please" :awww:

Edited by Goukosan