LAs great gun laws at work: Rapper Nipsey Hussle shot dead

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's not bring up the inconvenient fact that the largest mass shootings in your country involved legally purchased firearms...     Columbine - Dude's girlfriend (who was the age of maj

the only weapon i own is between my legs

Too many stupid Americans own guns. It's a shame your constitution makes it a right to own guns. it should be a privilege not a right. The British aren't coming back. 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, ghostz said:

I’m open to it too. But it won’t stop school shootings from happening. 

Yes it would decrease the amount of shooting and mass shootings.

That along with other gun control regulations, to banning of large size mags.

If you are trying to make a facetious "it won't stop 100% of everything" argument......don't bother. Jonb already tried that gimmick, and it doesn't work. Nothing society has ever done has ever achieve 100% effectiveness, doesn't mean we shouldn't do things.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Yes it would decrease the amount of shooting and mass shootings.

That along with other gun control regulations, to banning of large size mags.

If you are trying to make a facetious "it won't stop 100% of everything" argument......don't bother. Jonb already tried that gimmick, and it doesn't work. Nothing society has ever done has ever achieve 100% effectiveness, doesn't mean we shouldn't do things.

No, I’m saying most school shootings occur from guns at home. How do you enforce someone using a gun safe?

24 minutes ago, ghostz said:

No, I’m saying most school shootings occur from guns at home. How do you enforce someone using a gun safe?

Mandatory training, where they are told that their gun license requires that it be stored in a safe. And training on proper securing a gun in a safe.

That was already mentioned in my post to Dynocrap.

23 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Maybe we need a law saying “no school shootings”. That should take care of it. 

Well, its obvious you don't have much of a real argument........but we all knew that anyway.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Mandatory training, where they are told that their gun license requires that it be stored in a safe. And training on proper securing a gun in a safe.

That was already mentioned in my post to Dynocrap.

Well, its obvious you don't have much of a real argument........but we all knew that anyway.

People are told not to shoot people now. They still do it. 

Your law is unenforceable. 

23 minutes ago, ghostz said:

People are told not to shoot people now. They still do it. 

Your law is unenforceable. 

Guess we shouldn't have laws of any kind because they weren't 100% effective.

Wow, that's a very adult argument...........that didn't work the last time somebody tried it on this thread. LOL

I love how he thinks he's constructed a fool-proof argument. LOL

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Guess we shouldn't have laws of any kind because they weren't 100% effective.

Wow, that's a very adult argument...........that didn't work the last time somebody tried it on this thread. LOL

I love how he thinks he's constructed a fool-proof argument. LOL

I’m saying I think way more needs done than that. LOL, who would think Jerry would be the one with the conservative views when it came to gun regulation? 

7 minutes ago, ghostz said:

I’m saying I think way more needs done than that. LOL, who would think Jerry would be the one with the conservative views when it came to gun regulation? 

So, you are actually advocating stronger regulations?

Okay, so lets say that mental health database red flags somebody in your household, then even though you don't have any record of mental illness, you live with someone who does.

So, a stronger rule would probably mean nobody in your household is allowed to buy a gun. Maybe there's an in-between solution between my original idea and this stronger idea.

But that's the thing.........we can argue over WHERE the line should be. But it shouldn't be a debate that we should be allowed to places a line (aka regulation).

Hardcore 2nd Amendment people say that the Constitution mandates that there be NO LINE whatsoever.

40 minutes ago, jehurey said:

So, you are actually advocating stronger regulations?

Okay, so lets say that mental health database red flags somebody in your household, then even though you don't have any record of mental illness, you live with someone who does.

So, a stronger rule would probably mean nobody in your household is allowed to buy a gun. Maybe there's an in-between solution between my original idea and this stronger idea.

But that's the thing.........we can argue over WHERE the line should be. But it shouldn't be a debate that we should be allowed to places a line (aka regulation).

Hardcore 2nd Amendment people say that the Constitution mandates that there be NO LINE whatsoever.

I am definitely for gun reform. I haven’t met many (sane) people who aren’t. I mean if they’re sane, there’s really nothing to worry about. 

I just don’t know what the answer is. It would be hard to tell a hunter he’s now no longer allowed to hunt because his son is mentally disabled. Or a soldier he’s no longer allowed to legally own a gun due to a disabled family member living with him. 

But yeah, I don’t think making people buy safes will do much. It won’t hurt, but there is no way to enforce it. They could buy one and sell it. Buy one and not use it. Etc. 

another issue is that many times these data bases would be out of date as people can move very frequently. Again, it would be helpful but one questions how much. There are millions and millions of people with out of date addresses in gov registry’s/state DOT systems etc 

Edited by ghostz
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Yes! Another victory.

Ov0ToQp.png

LOL the state is going to appeal.

The ruling was from a Federal judge, which means it will go to the Court of Appeals. Ninth Circuit?

You know what's going to happen there.  Which means the pro-gun people will have to take t to the Supreme Court.

The state has already asked the federal judge for a delay while they submit the appeal...........so those California people who plunked down cash for a high-capacity mag aren't getting it yet.

But, you actually highlight something I've been telling you from the beginning.

These people in California.......its not like they couldn't get high-capacity mags, they would have to buy them out of state. These is merely a victory for convenience.

You're just inadvertently highlighted the fact than any gun control regulation is only effective if its a FEDERAL regulation applied across all 50 states.

Edited by jehurey
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

LOL the state is going to appeal.

The ruling was from a Federal judge, which means it will go to the Court of Appeals. Ninth Circuit?

You know what's going to happen there.  Which means the pro-gun people will have to take t to the Supreme Court.

The state has already asked the federal judge for a delay while they submit the appeal...........so those California people who plunked down cash for a high-capacity mag aren't getting it yet.

If it goes to the Supreme Court it will be upheld so it's basically the law of the land now.

REKT

2 hours ago, ghostz said:

I am definitely for gun reform. I haven’t met many (sane) people who aren’t. I mean if they’re sane, there’s really nothing to worry about. 

I just don’t know what the answer is. It would be hard to tell a hunter he’s now no longer allowed to hunt because his son is mentally disabled. Or a soldier he’s no longer allowed to legally own a gun due to a disabled family member living with him. 

But yeah, I don’t think making people buy safes will do much. It won’t hurt, but there is no way to enforce it. They could buy one and sell it. Buy one and not use it. Etc. 

another issue is that many times these data bases would be out of date as people can move very frequently. Again, it would be helpful but one questions how much. There are millions and millions of people with out of date addresses in gov registry’s/state DOT systems etc 

A response, @jehurey

1 hour ago, ghostz said:

A response, @jehurey

you agreed in gun control

what other response is needed?

You don't say anything remotely worth responding. what you "believe" is irrelevant.

Regulations, putting more rules and higher requirements slow down and decrease the chances of bad things happening.

That doesn't require a debate because its just common sense.

Solider can go live by himself......hunter can use a bow and arrow. Those are outliers. We don't allow an unregulated system because of a small percentage of outliers. The numbers aren't worth it.

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

If it goes to the Supreme Court it will be upheld so it's basically the law of the land now.

REKT

Nah, it buys time.  A democratic president gets voted in. upcoming Supreme Court nominatiosn will be non-right-wing judges, and you lose.

Not only that..........but it already appears as if your losing Chief Justice John Roberts, because he's been siding with the liberal judges lately.

You clearly don't think ahead.

Just now, jehurey said:

Nah, it buys time.  A democratic president gets voted in. upcoming Supreme Court nominatiosn will be non-right-wing judges, and you lose.

Not only that..........but it already appears as if your losing Chief Justice John Roberts, because he's been siding with the liberal judges lately.

You clearly don't think ahead.

You guys are dead in the water, suck that red, white and blue dick you fucking commies~!