LAs great gun laws at work: Rapper Nipsey Hussle shot dead

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Except that the authorities would be monitoring the download sites that have the files, and not "everyone's files" just those who access the files. Just need a warrant on the host websites, which they would get easily.

Now if the files were being downloaded from an overseas host, then it definitely falls under existing National Security laws.

This isn't like monitoring people's communications through email or phone. That's actually the Patriot Act. They're monitoring the host websites.

And like I said.........lower quality guns that will definitely break. That's a better situation than what we're dealing now.

They'll need modern CNC machines to make a quality replica gun. And in an urban area, those can be tracked by FBI and ATF. 

And its STILL expensive, obviously, to have them manufactured that way.

He's not talking about some run of the mill website or private community, he's talking about the dark web and Tor. It's all running through multiple layers of encryption, rerouting your IP through VPN's all over the world each with their own encryption protocols, you need a specific browser to even access this stuff not to mention you need to know the data bases and web addresses. Like 90% of the internet exists outside of our ability to readily access it. 

The government doesn't really have any control in this sphere or ability to track activity. 

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's not bring up the inconvenient fact that the largest mass shootings in your country involved legally purchased firearms...     Columbine - Dude's girlfriend (who was the age of maj

the only weapon i own is between my legs

Too many stupid Americans own guns. It's a shame your constitution makes it a right to own guns. it should be a privilege not a right. The British aren't coming back. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

He's not talking about some run of the mill website or private community, he's talking about the dark web and Tor. It's all running through multiple layers of encryption, rerouting your IP through VPN's all over the world each with their own encryption protocols, you need a specific browser to even access this stuff not to mention you need to know the data bases and web addresses. Like 90% of the internet exists outside of our ability to readily access it. 

The government doesn't really have any control in this sphere or ability to track activity. 

ok..............let the gangbangers try and do that.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say its a slightly higher bar of entry compared to paying $150 in a back alley and getting a revolver in a brown paper bag.

Like I said, its useless unless its manufactured with a high quality CNC machine, which is an even higher bar of entry.

Edited by jehurey

ok..............let the gangbangers try and do that.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say its a slightly higher bar of entry compared to paying $150 in a back alley and getting a revolver in a brown paper bag.

Like I said, its useless unless its manufactured with a high quality CNC machine, which is an even higher bar of entry.

Where do you think Silk Road operates? People make their way to it if they're determined enough, if I had money and access I could literally buy a truck full of guns on the dark web right now, I could buy people, drugs, basically anything and everything. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Where do you think Silk Road operates? People make their way to it if they're determined enough, if I had money and access I could literally buy a truck full of guns on the dark web right now, I could buy people, drugs, basically anything and everything. 

That's the entire point, dumbass.

The goal is to MAKE THE BLACK MARKET so expensive.

Nobody is going to lend you their CNC machine to make highly illegal weapons. The owner risks losing their entire business for that?

Do you have any idea how they get machined? They have to set up each individual cut. Do have any idea how time consuming that is, which for a machine shop translates to expenses. And none of this would be a fly-by-night operation.

It would be like a chop-shop that takes 5 days to "chop" a car. LOL The chances of them getting caught will be really high.

Just now, jehurey said:

That's the entire point, dumbass.

The goal is to MAKE THE BLACK MARKET so expensive.

Nobody is going to lend you their CNC machine to make highly illegal weapons. The owner risks losing their entire business for that?

Do you have any idea how they get machined? They have to set up each individual cut. Do have any idea how time consuming that is, which for a machine shop translates to expenses. And none of this would be a fly-by-night operation.

It would be like a chop-shop that takes 5 days to "chop" a car. LOL The chances of them getting caught will be really high.

You don't need a CNC machine when you can just buy weapons themselves, also people are already 3D printing gun parts and building weapons from self-manufactured polymers. They can do their own rifling, create their own barrels, mill their own parts. I could pick up a CNC machine right now from Craigslist without so much as any identifying information. 

None of this can be tracked, none of this can be cracked down on, it's a fruitless waste of time. 

9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You don't need a CNC machine when you can just buy weapons themselves, also people are already 3D printing gun parts and building weapons from self-manufactured polymers. They can do their own rifling, create their own barrels, mill their own parts. I could pick up a CNC machine right now from Craigslist without so much as any identifying information. 

None of this can be tracked, none of this can be cracked down on, it's a fruitless waste of time. 

LOL you're a fucking idiot.

You don't even proper electrical wiring in your home to install a CNC machine. Good luck getting that setup without the city noticing.

AND congratulations on that $20,000+ purchase..............wow, I guess I was wrong when I talked about my plan for making the black market EXPENSIVE, eh?

Its not the barrel (you can legally make your own), its not the stock (ditto). Its the receiver that is the most complex part of the gun (and the ONLY part that manufacturing on your own is illegal), and you're too fucking stupid to set up a CNC machine to make one.

Edited by jehurey

LOL you're a fucking idiot.

You don't even proper electrical wiring in your home to install a CNC machine. Good luck getting that setup without the city noticing.

AND congratulations on that $20,000+ purchase..............wow, I guess I was wrong when I talked about my plan for making the black market EXPENSIVE, eh?

Its not the barrel (you can legally make your own), its not the stock (ditto). Its the receiver that is the most complex part of the gun (and the ONLY part that manufacturing on your own is illegal), and you're too fucking stupid to set up a CNC machine to make one.

There are both 120 and 240 volt CNC machines, you can run them on your home power, also you can get them for $2,000-$8,000 depending on needs. 

I'm the idiot? You don't even understand the machinery, how much it costs or the power requirements. 

• Sad 1
5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

There are both 120 and 240 volt CNC machines, you can run them on your home power, also you can get them for $2,000-$8,000 depending on needs. 

I'm the idiot? You don't even understand the machinery, how much it costs or the power requirements. 

LOL, sure CNC machines from 30 years ago, maybe.

Guess what...............they aren't the ones that will be compatible with those modern CAD files in order to program the cut.

Notice that I am absolutely answering all of these questions easily.............and you sound like you have to take 5 minutes to rush to WIkipedia for information that's absolutely wrong.

Stupid people don't know that they're stupid.

You're one of them.  I'm loving seeing you make these flailing posts on a subject you don't know anything about.  I work at a manufacturing company that cuts relatively simplistic aluminum parts for custom machinery. We have 3 CNC machines, and only one of them was manufactured after 2000. And the machining of that is easily the most expensive part of our entire business.  Suffice it to say, I'm enjoy seeing you type the shit you're typing.

Edited by jehurey
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, zwarior said:

"it looks like the underdeveloped areas in Africa or Haiti" to you = "dirty shithole" that is your prerogative and also makes you the biggest dumb ass at reading and deductive reasoning I've ever encountered.

It's a block party in the US. There's nothing underdeveloped about the photo. Are you this slow always? 

Edited by kokujin
18 minutes ago, Saucer said:

Why bother with DIYing metal guns when you can cheaply and easily print off a plastic gun? 

The best they could do (Defense Distributor) was make a gun that fired 11 shots before it broke.

People talking about adding chemical treatment to the plastic, and needing to buy high-end printers.

This is like going back to the days of the musket. Which was the norm when the 2nd Amendment was written.

The main problem with the musket was its low rate of fire because it's muzzle-loaded. I don't remember durability being a big issue. Why can't plastic guns be designed with cylinders or magazines?

10 minutes ago, Saucer said:

The main problem with the musket was its low rate of fire because it's muzzle-loaded. I don't remember durability being a big issue. Why can't plastic guns be designed with cylinders or magazines?

Conceivably you could design a gun with space to insert/thread a chamber for the bullet - hell even a magazine to feet additional rounds; but you need a very precise milling machine to get the chamber done correctly. One, so the bullet doesn't rupture the chamber, or would rattle down the chamber as musketballs tended to do with early rifles.

7 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Conceivably you could design a gun with space to insert/thread a chamber for the bullet - hell even a magazine to feet additional rounds; but you need a very precise milling machine to get the chamber done correctly. One, so the bullet doesn't rupture the chamber, or would rattle down the chamber as musketballs tended to do with early rifles.

But if it's just high-impact ABS plastic, shouldn't it pretty simple to correct printing inaccuracies and smooth out the chambers and barrel and get them to the right diameter? Would some acetone and a simple drill press do it? I barely follow this tech.

1 hour ago, Saucer said:

But if it's just high-impact ABS plastic, shouldn't it pretty simple to correct printing inaccuracies and smooth out the chambers and barrel and get them to the right diameter? Would some acetone and a simple drill press do it? I barely follow this tech.

Especially within 10-15 years. :trump:

6 hours ago, Saucer said:

Isn't the high-impact polymer used by Glocks still created by CNC machines? Its also injection molded. So I don't even know if there's a 3D printer than can handle that material yet, but it would have to be a high-end machine, probably running the same in costs as a CNC machine.  So the cost barrier is still there.

5 hours ago, ghostz said:

Especially within 10-15 years. :trump:

10 to 15 years of squeezing gangs on the black market and getting illegal guns off the streets?  Sure, we'll take that and the thousands of lives it would save.

If, by some miracle, those gangsters have the money to buy high-end machinery to finally 3D print their guns, they're still not as reliable as steel-manufactured guns and will have shorter lifespans. And the FBI and ATF will be able to track purchases of 3D printers, especially high-end ones. Create an automatic watch-list, which we already have when somebody buys a certain amount of high-end weapons.

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Isn't the high-impact polymer used by Glocks still created by CNC machines? Its also injection molded. So I don't even know if there's a 3D printer than can handle that material yet, but it would have to be a high-end machine, probably running the same in costs as a CNC machine.  So the cost barrier is still there.

10 to 15 years of squeezing gangs on the black market and getting illegal guns off the streets?  Sure, we'll take that and the thousands of lives it would save.

If, by some miracle, those gangsters have the money to buy high-end machinery to finally 3D print their guns, they're still not as reliable as steel-manufactured guns and will have shorter lifespans. And the FBI and ATF will be able to track purchases of 3D printers, especially high-end ones. Create an automatic watch-list, which we already have when somebody buys a certain amount of high-end weapons.

I’m just waiting to hear the regulations you are down for and more info on how they’d stop people from obtaining guns illegally. 

For example, how would it stop school shooters when they usually obtain a gun from parents?

Edited by ghostz
3 minutes ago, ghostz said:

I’m just waiting to hear the regulations you are down for and more info on how they’d stop people from obtaining guns illegally. 

For example, how would it stop school shooters when they usually obtain a gun from parents?

Actually in my long post to Dynocrap from a couple of weeks ago, I explained that. It would involved mandatory mental health checks in our public schools and possibly as a requirement for purchasing a gun.

That creates a medical database, and if you buy a gun and you are in the same household as somebody who is flagged because of mental health, then your gun purchase may come with additional requirements like mandating that they purchase a gun safe or gun locks.

I believe that Dynocrap was actually open to that idea.

You can read the rest in the New Zealand shooter thread.

59 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Actually in my long post to Dynocrap from a couple of weeks ago, I explained that. It would involved mandatory mental health checks in our public schools and possibly as a requirement for purchasing a gun.

That creates a medical database, and if you buy a gun and you are in the same household as somebody who is flagged because of mental health, then your gun purchase may come with additional requirements like mandating that they purchase a gun safe or gun locks.

I believe that Dynocrap was actually open to that idea.

You can read the rest in the New Zealand shooter thread.

I’m open to it too. But it won’t stop school shootings from happening. 

Edited by ghostz