So is this place gonna finally die after e3 ?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eh, I think a handful of us will still post here, especially when the new systems are unveiled. But the game debates got old years ago. I mainly just talk about that I’m playing or watching on tv

Nah. 

Supeiror 

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

the first mention of dick in this thread Came from your mouth... just where you like it :scust:

I believe you mis-typed that sentence.

FROM jonb's mouth??????:jasonj:

47 minutes ago, -GD- said:

yeah, i looked around and noticed that. at $400 (the price a one x can be found for), no pc can match it. hell, even a $500 pc won't match it. 

Yes if you are fine with a locked down box that plays games at subpar resolution compared to PC.  

For under $600 you can get a small PC that can pack a lot more power than current gen consoles. 

Thermaltake Mini-ITX gaming case $43

https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Computer-Chassis-Interchangeable-CA-1B8-00S1WN-00/dp/B00M2UKGSM/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=Mini-ITX+case&qid=1559164508&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Mini-ITX sized RX 570 $109

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sapphire-11266-34-20G-PULSE-Radeon-RX-570-ITX-4G-GDDR5-Graphics-Card/202672126473?epid=5019369390&hash=item2f30333a09:g:zl0AAOSw4ylc0JmZ

Ryzen 5 2600 $145

https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Processor-Wraith-Stealth-Cooler/dp/B07B41WS48/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=Ryzen+5+2600&qid=1559164676&s=gateway&sr=8-3

a B450 motherboard can be had for $120.

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813144190?Description=MSI Mini-ITX B450&cm_re=MSI_Mini-ITX_B450-_-13-144-190-_-Product

16GB DDR4 $69

https://www.newegg.com/corsair-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820236345?Description=16GB DDR4&cm_re=16GB_DDR4-_-20-236-345-_-Product

512GB SSD $52

https://www.newegg.com/silicon-power-ace-a55-512gb/p/N82E16820301381?Description=512GB SSD&cm_re=512GB_SSD-_-20-301-381-_-Product

450w PSU $54

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Bronze-Certified-Modular-CP-9020101-NA/dp/B01B72VXE6/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=80+plus+bronze+PSU&qid=1559164884&s=gateway&sr=8-3

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

yeah, i looked around and noticed that. at $400 (the price a one x can be found for), no pc can match it. hell, even a $500 pc won't match it. 

LMAO not prebuilt, that's for sure... they gotta rape you of your money, you know.

Whatever you do, don't buy an $800 Dell that has a decent CPU but a shitty GPU so that you have to buy a new one right away.  That would be embarrassing. :hest: 

And if you think about it GD, you can sell your X1X to some dipshit, and probably get $300 for it... so then take $400 + the $300 you made from selling useless consoles, and then you can get a $700 custom PC... which will play more games (you know, the ones that Playstation gets as well), at better settings, and your PC can also do much more. 

:juggle: 

3 minutes ago, -GD- said:

that case is hideous. 

There are other cases that look closer to console like the Sentry 2.0 , but you should get the parts now and save up for a better case. That's the thing with PC, you aren't stuck with whatever outer shell you use to put your parts in unlike a game console.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, The Mother Fucker said:

There are other cases that look closer to console like the Sentry 2.0 , but you should get the parts now and save up for a better case. That's the thing with PC, you aren't stuck with whatever outer shell you use to put your parts in unlike a game console.  

now that's more like it! 

• Like 1

Have they invented remote start devices for the PC?

I haven't needed to do that because I have a desk and the computer is nearby for me to push the on button. And sometimes, me pressing any button on the keyboard wakes it up (that used to happen when I was using Windows 7).

But it could be great if you could configure a controller to wake up the PC.

25 minutes ago, -GD- said:

that case is hideous. 

Well it looks like it could be repurposed to squeeze oranges into a cup. I've heard you have those in your neck of the woods. :ben:

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I haven't needed to do that because I have a desk and the computer is nearby for me to push the on button. And sometimes, me pressing any button on the keyboard wakes it up (that used to happen when I was using Windows 7).

You can just purchase a wireless keyboard that has the sleep / wake buttons and enable Sleep Wake Power function in your bios, and be able to wake your PC up remotely via keyboard.

Edited by The Mother Fucker
27 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Yep.  You can easily do this.  I can use my Xbox One controller to start (wake up) my PC.  I have the wireless adapter connected to a USB3.0 port (I'm not sure if it will work with a 2.0 port, but I don't see why not)

All you have to do is go into Device Manager, and under Human Interface Devices, you right click the "HID-Compliant" devices (meaning the USB ports) and click properties, then under power management, you "allow this device to wake the computer"

And there you go.  Whenever you're not using the PC, put it to sleep, then you can grab your controller and press the guide button or whatever to wake the PC up.  (I'm sure it will work with any device really.. DS4s, ect)  You can probably do it with the Switch pro controller as well.  Just under Bluetooth do the same.. allow it to wake the computer and you're golden.

Did Microsoft ever make a wireless adapter for the first-gen Xbox Elite Controller?  Because that's not bluetooth. They provided a ridiculously long braided USB cable, which I use anyways because it powers the controller and I don't have to use batteries.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Did Microsoft ever make a wireless adapter for the first-gen Xbox Elite Controller?  Because that's not bluetooth. They provided a ridiculously long braided USB cable, which I use anyways because it powers the controller and I don't have to use batteries.

Yea, it uses the regular Xbox One wireless adapter.  It's all the same.  But they did make a newer, smaller profile one.  But they all work with each other.  If you're asking whether it came bundled with it, no, not to my knowledge.

And yea, the cable they give you is nice and long.  But it's still so much nicer having the adapter imo.  I use that braided cable for my DS4 and any other controllers though because it's nice and long.

10 hours ago, Remij_ said:

LMAO not prebuilt, that's for sure... they gotta rape you of your money, you know.

Whatever you do, don't buy an $800 Dell that has a decent CPU but a shitty GPU so that you have to buy a new one right away.  That would be embarrassing. :hest: 

And if you think about it GD, you can sell your X1X to some dipshit, and probably get $300 for it... so then take $400 + the $300 you made from selling useless consoles, and then you can get a $700 custom PC... which will play more games (you know, the ones that Playstation gets as well), at better settings, and your PC can also do much more. 

:juggle: 

Your right , it was stupid. Now I have a 1150 dollar PC that I dont use .

It was almost as dumb as spending 1200 dollars to play xbox games LMAO

also recommending a 570 LMAO

2 hours ago, JONBpc said:

Your right , it was stupid. Now I have a 1150 dollar PC that I dont use .

It was almost as dumb as spending 1200 dollars to play xbox games LMAO

also recommending a 570 LMAO

UHBR :tom: 

Spends $1150 on a PC that he doesn't use

Spends $1200 on xbox consoles to play 5/10 games.. and the worst versions of them :hehe: 

ROFLb1 :rofls: