Digital Foundry; Sonic Team Racing Xbox1X/S and Switch Analysis.

4 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

It's not even close lmfao . Dumbo idiot 

you must have a short memory then

ps4

ace combat 7

resident evil 2

kingdom hearts 3

anthem

dead or alive 6

devil may cry 5

sekiro

sonic team racing

xbox

metro

division 2

dirt

far cry new dawn

trials

mortal kombat 11

rage 2?

its almost a perfect split of ps4 winning Japanese and xbox winning western trash (which do y’all prefer? lmao), save for anthem being best on ps4. we decided to take that xbox e3 press conf closer and supposed x showpiece just for laughs :rofls:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

there it is, in plain writing. Best on Switch.  

Lmao tchbfr og xbox and X performance champions 

So it only counts on the games you choose ? 

Lmao and how are you gonna say re2 is better , and dmc is better ? 

You dont even know what you are talking about.  Does performance win , or IQ? You cant choose whatever you want :D idiot lmao

5 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

So it only counts on the games you choose ? 

Lmao and how are you gonna say re2 is better , and dmc is better ? 

You dont even know what you are talking about.  Does performance win , or IQ? You cant choose whatever you want :D idiot lmao

df verdict wins.

what 2019 games did I leave out ? lmao

2 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

df verdict wins.

what 2019 games did I leave out ? lmao

So worse performance wins in scenario A , but better IQ wins in scenario B .

Are you honestly this big of an idiot ? :drake:

3 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

So worse performance wins in scenario A , but better IQ wins in scenario B .

Are you honestly this big of an idiot ? :drake:

i go by df, like most objective, rational people.

you and deeno are the ones going by “I said so” :D 

4 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

you must have a short memory then

ps4

ace combat 7

resident evil 2

kingdom hearts 3

anthem

dead or alive 6

devil may cry 5

sekiro

sonic team racing

xbox

metro

division 2

dirt

far cry new dawn

trials

mortal kombat 11

rage 2?

its almost a perfect split of ps4 winning Japanese and xbox winning western trash (which do y’all prefer? lmao), save for anthem being best on ps4. we decided to take that xbox e3 press conf closer and supposed x showpiece just for laughs :rofls:

• Ace Combat 7 = Has been updated four times since it was analysed. Based upon outdated information yes but likely in parity as of now.
  •  
  • Resident Evil 2 = No, it's running weaker AA which results in visual artifacts on specular highlights and reconstruction artifacts. The X also has a higher framerate during gameplay.
  •  
  • Kingdom Hearts 3 = Extremely arguable, the Xbox One X has the best framerate and the highest resolution in normal operation towing the line from 50-60 FPS. Only when forcing the Pro to 1080p does it perform better but just barely, it still can't hold 60, and the cost of that is the X now has a 78% higher resolution.
  •  
  • Anthem = Has been updated 13 times since it analysed, no idea what the current state is but I wouldn't doubt its performance has been normalized between the platforms. 
  •  
  • Dead or Alive 6 = Extremely arguable, the Pro has two 1080p modes which have such a minute graphical difference that modes might as well not even exist. The X has a 1080p and a native 4K mode, the 1080p mode is the same as the Pro's but its 4K mode ensures the game is future proofed for the next-gen Xbox.
  •  
  • Devil May Cry 5 = Arguable, the Pro does have a better overall framerate but neither is consistent at its 60 FPS target, what is consistent is the X's 44% higher resolution.
  •  
  • Sekiro = Extremely arguable, the Pro has about a 3 FPS advantage but it's only rendering at 1600x1800 and then checkerboarding, the X is rendering at 3200x1800 native so it's a 100% higher resolution. Neither can hold anything remotely close to 60, they're both in the 30's to 50's. The Xbox One X however has access to FreeSync which as you're aware smooths out judder relative to inconsistent framerates, the Pro does not have this relief. 
8 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

i go by df, like most objective, rational people.

you and deeno are the ones going by “I said so” :D 

You say you do but are clearly ignorant lmao 

So what it is , performance or IQ? Hdr ? What ? You change your mind on a per game basis lmao

2 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

So what it is , performance or IQ? Hdr ? What ? You change your mind on a per game basis lmao

I remember these guys in the beginning of the gen, they flip flopped their song and dance. There were multiple instances of the PlayStation 4 being 1080p but having a worse framerate than the Xbox One at 720p or 900p but they didn't care, it was all about resolution then.

They change their beliefs like the tide riding whatever wave is benefiting them. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I remember these guys in the beginning of the gen, they flip flopped their song and dance. There were multiple instances of the PlayStation 4 being 1080p but having a worse framerate than the Xbox One at 720p or 900p but they didn't care, it was all about resolution then.

They change their beliefs like the tide riding whatever wave is benefiting them. 

What games were those? 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Idiots. 

It used to be "I cant play games at non native resolution " and "higher resolution makes competitive gaming better" lmao , even Sony said that.  Now that pro flopped they change every time .

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

How in the hell should I know, I remember several instances of it happening though. This was like 500 game analysis' ago, you can't be expected to remember things like that. 

I want to see the receipts.

12 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:
  • Ace Combat 7 = Has been updated four times since it was analysed. Based upon outdated information yes but likely in parity as of now.
  •  
  • Resident Evil 2 = No, it's running weaker AA which results in visual artifacts on specular highlights and reconstruction artifacts. The X also has a higher framerate during gameplay.
  •  
  • Kingdom Hearts 3 = Extremely arguable, the Xbox One X has the best framerate and the highest resolution in normal operation towing the line from 50-60 FPS. Only when forcing the Pro to 1080p does it perform better but just barely, it still can't hold 60, and the cost of that is the X now has a 78% higher resolution.
  •  
  • Anthem = Has been updated 13 times since it analysed, no idea what the current state is but I wouldn't doubt its performance has been normalized between the platforms. 
  •  
  • Dead or Alive 6 = Extremely arguable, the Pro has two 1080p modes which have such a minute graphical difference that modes might as well not even exist. The X has a 1080p and a native 4K mode, the 1080p mode is the same as the Pro's but its 4K mode ensures the game is future proofed for the next-gen Xbox.
  •  
  • Devil May Cry 5 = Arguable, the Pro does have a better overall framerate but neither is consistent at its 60 FPS target, what is consistent is the X's 44% higher resolution.
  •  
  • Sekiro = Extremely arguable, the Pro has about a 3 FPS advantage but it's only rendering at 1600x1800 and then checkerboarding, the X is rendering at 3200x1800 native so it's a 100% higher resolution. Neither can hold anything remotely close to 60, they're both in the 30's to 50's. The Xbox One X however has access to FreeSync which as you're aware smooths out judder relative to inconsistent framerates, the Pro does not have this relief. 

we already know you think theyre arguable - you still dont get how that in itself is funny.

i particularly enjoyed "its been updated since then, no idea if its different now" sounds legit :mj:

Both sides are flip floppers let's be fucking real.. both equally as bad as the other :tom: 

The ACTUAL fact of the matter is... the higher the resolution the less having a "higher" resolution than the other becomes important.  There IS a fall-off point.

Yes, you can notice a difference between 1440p and 4K...  The point isn't about some difference between fucking consoles.  Who gives a god damn shit?  The point is.. and developers know for a fact.. that there's better ways to spend your rendering budget after a point.  Certain games benefit more from a higher resolution, others benefit more from other visual qualities and effects.

What we are seeing now between these two consoles is pretty much ONLY resolution differences in most cases.  Because devs aren't coding and building these games to exploit any other fact than that.  So what you get on Xbox is devs targeting higher resolutions because simply... it can.  

In the next generation, where developers have brand new hardware, new engines... and new ideas for visuals.. it isn't going to matter what fucking resolution they are going to hit.  Games will be high enough of a resolution that IQ isn't going to be an issue.  The games are going to look demonstrably better.  A next gen game running at sub 4K resolution will kill the best looking native 4K Xbox One X game this gen... lmao.  It will have more visible detail... better everything...  NOBODY WILL GIVE A SHIT THAT IT DOESN'T HIT 4K... because the visuals will be undeniably better.

On the other hand... if one version is constantly dropping frames and is obviously less performant than the other, people will notice and it would be dubbed the worse version.  That will ALWAYS matter.

14 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

i say i do and i do.

theres the list, dispute it if you can. although i warn you, deeno's done the legwork, and the best he can come up with is "its arguable" :tom: