Google Stadia Connect - June 6th 9am PDT - Launch info, price, game announcements + more

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Netflix fails at a lot of things.  In many ways it IS a failure. 

But that's not what I said.  I said Sony is dependent on others completely.. which is true.  Even if they provide the best service.. they will always be dependent on others for it.

What kinda DynamiteCop post is this? 

:monkas:

By your logic Apple is a failure too :rofls:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sony still has about 7 hours, the PS5 reveal could still happen today!    

I don't know how you guys can think streaming isn't going to be the future. It's where the majority of gamers will migrate to, once the service can be delivered. Regardless of how you feel about the s

*cough*    

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

What kinda DynamiteCop post is this? 

:monkas:

By your logic Apple is a failure too :rofls:

I never said they were a failure... Lynux did.  I said in many ways they have failed..  Completely different.

If you're too stupid to understand that it's not my fault :tom: 

4 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Sony said PSNOW has 700K users, they expect 50% growth rate at best per year.

So assuming they hit 400K growth per year, that's only 4 million in the next decade.

You need to redo your math there, bud.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Everyone is splitting off, starting their own shit. When Disney leaves it's going to be a mess, they own like half of the properties on the service. 

That's a big loss for sure, but it's not enough to kill off Netflix. Eventually the video streaming bubble could pop if it splits off anymore.

Just now, lynux3 said:

That's a big loss for sure, but it's not enough to kill off Netflix. Eventually the video streaming bubble could pop if it splits off anymore.

Comcast owns a huge share of what will be left, they're going to pull the plug as well. 

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

I don't need to redo my math, because their geometric projection growth rate is delusional.

I agree that the projection is wishful thinking, but Sony's team has to paint a pretty picture.

3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

The issue with PSNow vs Stadia, is that it's easy to explain to a PS4/PS5 owner why they should choose PSNOW.

To the person that owns NO hardware, it's very hard to explain why he should choose PSNow over Stadia. That's an issue MS is going to hit big time as well.

Not really.  Sony has IP... That's always been their strength.  The ability for PS owners to tell their friends that don't game that they could try some games on PS Now before buying a system or whatever can't be understated.  Especially when PSNow would allow those users to play with their friends. 

It completely depends on what they are offering and at what price point though.  Even people who don't really game that much know of Sony games and IPs..  This is also why Sony is probably branching out with their Playstation Movie production studio and shit like that.. in an attempt to advertise their games and IP in a way.

Stadia on the other hand will have to build up a stable of games and new IP..  Assuming the service is actually good, reliable, and with the youtube factor, that's huge, and they could come up swiftly... but they have their work ahead of them as well.  They need to have games which people want to play.. so I expect them to gobble up some mid tier developers, and possibly snag some exclusives from the console side which nobody is expecting.  

I heard Baldur's Gate 3 will be one of those games.  (also available on PC though)

21 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I never said they were a failure... Lynux did.  I said in many ways they have failed..  Completely different.

If you're too stupid to understand that it's not my fault :tom: 

27 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Netflix fails at a lot of things.  In many ways it IS a failure. 

But that's not what I said.  I said Sony is dependent on others completely.. which is true.  Even if they provide the best service.. they will always be dependent on others for it.

Apple is dependent on other companies and were the first trillion dollar companies. 

Remij - "In many ways they're a failure" :lemming:

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Apple is dependent on other companies and were the first trillion dollar companies. 

Did I say something that wasn't true?  Did I say Netflix failed?  Did I say Apple failed?  I never said Sony depending on other companies makes would them a failure...  In fact... I never said ANY of these companies was a failure.  I can't tell if you're just stupid and misunderstood, or are purposefully being stupid just to argue... 

Oh wait.. I can tell.  You've been doing the same acting like a bitch for a while now. :hest: 

8 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Every company is dependent to a degree but it's fiscally impossible for Sony to develop their own infrastructure. They're a relatively poor company, it's out of their pay grade. 

They are 100% reliant on others, if no one did business with them they would die. They have no network, they have a service on someone elses. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!