Google Stadia Connect - June 6th 9am PDT - Launch info, price, game announcements + more

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sony still has about 7 hours, the PS5 reveal could still happen today!    

I don't know how you guys can think streaming isn't going to be the future. It's where the majority of gamers will migrate to, once the service can be delivered. Regardless of how you feel about the s

*cough*    

I don't understand how you can say Microsoft's biggest competitor in the streaming space is Google? Google and Microsoft's biggest streaming competitor is PlayStation right now. It also depends on Google's strategy moving forward... are they going with a PC like experience or are they going closed box experience like PlayStation and Xbox. I guess we'll find out on Thursday, possibly.

6 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

PSNow is obviously going to be revised when PS5 launches, and when they move their Cloud stuff to Azure. That will take time while Stadia is launching full force THIS year. 

Azure is just another option for Sony and Sony has already committed to leveraging their current infrastructure which can hold 5 million users as it is today. It's a matter of when will Sony be introducing their next generation hardware into the data center rather than how long will it take them to expand their service.

17 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I don't understand how you can say Microsoft's biggest competitor in the streaming space is Google? Google and Microsoft's biggest streaming competitor is PlayStation right now. It also depends on Google's strategy moving forward... are they going with a PC like experience or are they going closed box experience like PlayStation and Xbox. I guess we'll find out on Thursday, possibly.

The Stadia play button on Youtube is one hell of a fucking thing to overcome for other streaming services. That shit is like nuking PSNOW and XCloud from orbit.

20 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Because Google has their own cloud platform and infrastructure...  Sony is left out in the cold because they are COMPLETELY dependent on others...

It's pretty simple dude... I told you this shit last time, and now we have Sony partnering with MS using Azure :reg: 

6 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

The Stadia play button on Youtube is one hell of a fucking thing to overcome for other streaming services. That shit is like nuking PSNOW and XCloud from orbit.

Anything can be added to YouTube videos, including launch buttons for 3rd party services.

The streaming audience is lightly put supposed to be very "casual".

The youtube play button will matter more than all the exclusives Sony has in it's entire history. The other google accounts that are on phones etc.

Stadia is clearly playing with an upper hand here when it comes to that audience.

Just now, Remij_ said:

They're heavily invested, and not going anywhere.  Sony is piss in the wind dude.  You're delusional. :D 

You basically just said Netflix is a failure.

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

You basically just said Netflix is a failure.

Netflix fails at a lot of things.  In many ways it IS a failure. 

But that's not what I said.  I said Sony is dependent on others completely.. which is true.  Even if they provide the best service.. they will always be dependent on others for it.