Google Stadia Connect - June 6th 9am PDT - Launch info, price, game announcements + more

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sony still has about 7 hours, the PS5 reveal could still happen today!    

I don't know how you guys can think streaming isn't going to be the future. It's where the majority of gamers will migrate to, once the service can be delivered. Regardless of how you feel about the s

*cough*    

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Not my fault any time someone talks about the future you interpret that to mean by the next generation... or instantly.. :roll: 

Well you gave other timelines for consoles going digital only. Made a lot "common sense" back at the very start of the gen.

Anyways back to streaming, it has to prove that it's mass market first, not a side niche first. Nevermind be able to claim some sort of future, be it the mobile,PC or console space.

6 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Well you gave other timelines for consoles going digital only. Made a lot "common sense" back at the very start of the gen.

Anyways back to streaming, it has to prove that it's mass market first, not a side niche first. Nevermind be able to claim some sort of future, be it the mobile,PC or console space.

Dude, I talk about things as being the future, because that's obviously where the technology goes.  Sure I can talk about the generation after this coming gen...  what the fuck ever.  The fact of the matter is that it WILL happen.  You yourself know this..  You're the one who's deathly scared of that future and will dream up any argument you can against it or delay accepting it.

I don't want shit to be streaming only... but I'm simply being realistic about where the future is heading.. regardless of how fast it gets there.  When we're 45-50... we're not the target audience for these things anymore... future generations will not feel the same about dedicated console hardware as we did... I know you understand that fact.

Like I said.. I have a strong feeling that this will be something that people see as "slowly coming" then one day it will all happen really fast.  All the major players are investing heavily into this.. it's not some passing thing... it's the fact that they keep working on it and improve it until it penetrates.  It's the future THEY want for gaming.. and it will happen.

Okay let's forget adoption rate for a second. Where do you expect growth from? Mobile. Even the NPD dudes aren't so sure.

For PSnow personally I expect it to be mostly the same PS hardware owners, and I don't think Sony will be able to top either Stadia or XCloud for their streaming market share.

5 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Okay let's forget adoption rate for a second. Where do you expect growth from? Mobile. Even the NPD dudes aren't so sure.

For PSnow personally I expect it to be mostly the same PS hardware owners, and I don't think Sony will be able to top either Stadia or XCloud for their streaming market share.

I expect it to chip away at the console gaming market.  People who wait years to buy a console at a cheaper price and wait until games go on a hard sale.  Parents of kids who already have phones and instead of buying them a console, they subscribe to the service.

There will be people all over that use it specifically to play a game here or there, or to even test games before they buy them potentially..  Maybe they buy a single console and sub to the others instead of buying all 3?  

Again, I don't expect it to change over night.. I expect it to eventually get good enough that casual gamers will subscribe here and there, and will forego spending money on more devices that they ultimately don't really want.  It will chip away, as digital is doing to physical..  

Growth literally comes from anyone with a device simply giving it a try.  There WILL be mobile gamers who give it a try.

In the end, it's up to them to provide a compelling service... not simply prove the tech is possible.  We'll see how that goes.

The issue is when you start breaking down numbers. Netflix has like 140 million users.

Let's assume the streaming pie magically the same number of people, which won't happen obviously. Then we split that by into 1/3 for MS, Google and Sony. That amounts to the same number of users as the XBox One which is nowhere near a smashing success.

The numbers. They don't add up. Shit doesn't make any mathematical sense.

28 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

65% of The Witcher 3's sales are digital, it's not inevitable, it's here. 

:yeshrug:

That includes the 100% digital for PC..... physical is still the majority on consoles. 

6 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

The issue is when you start breaking down numbers. Netflix has like 140 million users.

Let's assume the streaming pie magically the same number of people, which won't happen obviously. Then we split that by into 1/3 for MS, Google and Sony. That amounts to the same number of users as the XBox One which is nowhere near a smashing success.

The numbers. They don't add up. Shit doesn't make any mathematical sense.

~50 million people paying x dollars per month... dude... are you insane?  That would be a huge success.

18 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's not 100% digital.

The vast majority of sales of Witcher 3 on PC was digital. 

Almost 45% of the the game totals sales in 3 years have been on PC.    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see why for this one game that digital was more than retail given the fact it sold almost 50% of its entire sales on PC. 

That in no way reflects the digital adoption rate on consoles...yes digital is increasing but overall it's still between 20 to 25 percent of total sales per game compared to physical. 

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

The vast majority of sales of Witcher 3 on PC was digital. 

Almost 45% of the the game totals sales in 3 years have been on PC.    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see why for this one game that digital was more than retail given the fact it sold almost 50% of its entire sales on PC. 

That in no way reflects the digital adoption rate on consoles...yes digital is increasing but overall it's still between 20 to 25 percent of total sales per game compared to physical. 

Is this based upon your UK Fifa numbers :tom:

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Is this based upon your UK Fifa numbers :tom:

It's based on actual digital data that has become available publicly 

On 2019-05-27 at 8:30 AM, Goukosan said:

Let's look at some European digital numbers shall we. 

Days Gone has 21% digital ratio, 

PS4 Mortal Kombat 11 digital ratio is 22%.
God of War - 19%,

Mortal Kombat 11 XB1 - 29%,

Mortal Kombat 11 PC - 97%,

The Division 2 PS4 - 37%,

The Division 2 XB1 - 46%.

God of War and The Division 2 are the extremes with the data they have now. Average digital is between 21% and 24%.

So avg physical worked out to be between 76% to 79% in consoles.... just like I said 

:leo:

You just love to get raped on the same topic over and over don't you :cmpunk1:

10 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

I doubt that's a console ratio. Take out PC.

We already caught him once trying to use the PC to support his theory that "most people buy digital anyways"

He did have graphs for the consoles, people CLEARLY bought physical copies of Witcher 3 more than digital.

We caught him peddling that bullshit just last week..............and here he is trying to do it again.:tom:

9 hours ago, madmaltese said:

So back on topic.

What's everyone thinking game and price wise? Most importantly what model?

a la carte?

Pure sub?

or like Sub + paid for new releases 

I think Google will keep it at $20/month, or possibly combine it with like their Youtube Premium or Google Music subscription for like $30/month

And it will be "all games" available to play, except I think they would institute a cap on how many people can play a certain game at any one time.

I think Google will go to the game developers and say that they are not treat it as one game license = one subscription but rather "we're buying (or leasing) 500,000 licenses of your game for X amount of months, we get to have our users share the game licenses, but we limit the amount of users playing the game at 500,000 at all times."

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

We already caught him once trying to use the PC to support his theory that "most people buy digital anyways"

He did have graphs for the consoles, people CLEARLY bought physical copies of Witcher 3 more than digital.

We caught him peddling that bullshit just last week..............and here he is trying to do it again.:tom:

He is going to pretend he didn't see the real figures and try to peddle his BS again :mj: