Microsoft E3 2019 Conference Thread

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Nah, I'm still hyped as fuck for Chief :smoke: 

Let me be clear, more than anything, the conference itself was a letdown.  A lot of the games they showed will be great... and I love the commitment to PC.  But if I was an Xbox One console owner... I'd hang myself :( 

Why ? The PC stuff is the same as the xbox stuff . 

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is this true? 

The Lego car got invited...

Just now, JONBpc said:

Why ? The PC stuff is the same as the xbox stuff . 

Because my platform isn't defined by Xbox games.  We're getting all the best 3rd party shit, plus Japanese games.

The console gets nothing for itself.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Because my platform isn't defined by Xbox games.  We're getting all the best 3rd party shit, plus Japanese games.

The console gets nothing for itself.

I guess . 

Just now, JONBpc said:

I guess . 

Honestly, I'm rooting for the console guys here, which is why I'm disappointed for them.  This really should have been the E3 for them.

MS simply NEEDS to show single player campaigns at E3... leave the MP shit for other events..  Seriously.. that's what people want to see.  Story and campaign shit.  They have to bump up the fidelity and production values of their games.  People need to see something that gives them faith.  This E3 we didn't really see anything to that effect from their first parties.  They could have just made a quick tech demo idea or something.  It wouldn't even have to be locked in or anything, just something that shows they are working on a AAA story game.

Sony does that shit all the time and it's what people want to see.  Make some tech demos with some ideas, see what resonates with the audience and then fuck off for a while and build a game around it.  That shit would tide people over until games began releasing.. and it would demonstrate that MS' studios could hang with Sony's visually.

I know you're a "gamey game" type guy, and that's great, but they have enough of those.. they need the cinematic shit with high production values.. landing a good one of them brings up the whole perception of "Xbox Game Studios"..

Sony needs some competition here..

For sure they should have shown my gameplay. 

I didn't think the next gen leap would be big but it seems like its gonna be pretty massive .

I feel like MS is trying to reinvent xbox , with halo pushing that and with a bunch of new games being ready for year 1 of scarlet .

That plus with how great gamepass is and mayne xcloud could be cool.

I think its gonna be a much better generation for them . They clearly are still making some classic ms mistakes tho 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It's over :D 

Screenshot_20190609-194656_Brave.png?wid

sheesh.

You think Sony knows and knew they had nothing to fear at E3? Maybe even hoping MS announces specs first to them trump them.

MS' language today compared to when they revealed the One X really was telling

Just now, madmaltese said:

sheesh.

You think Sony knows and knew they had nothing to fear at E3? Maybe even hoping MS announces specs first to them trump them.

MS' language today compared to when they revealed the One X really was telling

Seems like it.

But in MS' defense, they can't proclaim they will have the most powerful console... when neither of them are on the market yet.. lol.  I'm not worried about MS' language.. I'm worried about what developers are saying.

Cerny is a crafty motherfucker.  Dude is just super smart.. and he's really in tune with developers.  They don't say he's the smartest dude in the room wherever he goes for nothing.

Sure, given a year later, MS can best them... but releasing close to the same time with the same access to technology...  Cerny is a beast.

More word coming from other sources.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/06/09/microsoft-fails-to-capitalize-on-sonys-absence-with-a-surprisingly-light-xbox-scarlett-reveal/#19e340591991

Their choice of words was deliberate, they said it’s “the most powerful console we’ve ever made,” and there are rumblings from industry insiders that the PS5 actually might have a slight power edge over Scarlett.

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Seems like it.

But in MS' defense, they can't proclaim they will have the most powerful console... when neither of them are on the market yet.. lol.  I'm not worried about MS' language.. I'm worried about what developers are saying.

Cerny is a crafty motherfucker.  Dude is just super smart.. and he's really in tune with developers.  They don't say he's the smartest dude in the room wherever he goes for nothing.

Sure, given a year later, MS can best them... but releasing close to the same time with the same access to technology...  Cerny is a beast.

Yeah Cerny is definitely a genius in his field and not a person you'd want to compete on in an even playing field (time and price)

I feel that MS and Sony would defs know what their competition is doing though, they would have super close ties with 3rd party devs that know the specs of both machines.

8 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Seems like it.

Yeah, even though Cerny looks like he belongs on a sex offender registry, he definitely knows his shit. 

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Halo infinite confirmed for PC :sabu:

@DynamiteCop!  @Remij_ @lynux3

Developed by 343 Industries for Xbox One, Windows 10, and Project Scarlett, Halo Infinite continues the Halo 5: Guardians storyline and takes the franchise in ambitious, unexpected directions.

It's been confirmed since last year.