OK, I just woke up to news that there has been ANOTHER mass shooting in the US, this time in Dayton Ohio... 9 dead, 16 injured

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah I love analogy..............because I can tear it down so easily.   You ARE DRIVING YOUR CAR every day, aren't you?   Then that is why you pay for having auto insurance 24 hours

LMFAO  JEHUREY CRYING LIKE A BABY WITH A RATTLER     "Wemij, wemij, heez dewailing the thwead"     OMG  

This is absolutely terrifying.  What the absolute fuck is going on in the states?  This is a growing problem which isn't happening in other countries, and the government needs to act.   This

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Statistics hold intrinsic value because they are built and based upon recorded and documented events to bring you to a number. A poll even in light of confidence percentages and random selection can turn up starkly different results each time its run. The reasons polls are run is because of the inability to attain broader results from the populous to reach a solidified conclusion which means verifying confidence accuracy is an impossibility, it's speculated accuracy. As I said I understand how they work, I understand the methodology, I place very little faith in it. 

Wait wait..... Mr anecdote himself doesn't put faith in Stats.... but swears up and down that his anecdotes can be extrapolated to represent the broader populace? 

Bro you are beyond dumb... real talk:rofls:

Just now, Goukosan said:

Wait wait..... Mr anecdote himself doesn't put faith in Stats.... but swears up and down that his anecdotes can be extrapolated to represent the broader populace? 

Bro you are beyond dumb... real talk:rofls:

Only a moron would refer to a poll as a statistic, a poll tries to derive a statistic based upon an incredible amount of missing data. 

Also it wasn't an anecdote, it's a statistical fact that the overwhelming majority of the United States populous is not directly exposed to gun violence in any capacity. 

9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Only a moron would refer to a poll as a statistic, a poll tries to derive a statistic based upon an incredible amount of missing data. 

Also it wasn't an anecdote, it's a statistical fact that the overwhelming majority of the United States populous is not directly exposed to gun violence in any capacity. 

You use anecdotes all the time and try to apply it to the general population are you denying this? :sass1:

Wait you're actually doubling down on polling not being a statistic? :rofls:

How are the questions chosen? 

How is the baseline population chosen, what metric is use to decide the types of people polled? 

How is the number of people to be polled decided?.

What mathematical methods are used to decide those numbers, the type of people, the questions, the results etc? :tophat2:

Edited by Goukosan
21 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

it's a statistical fact that the overwhelming majority of the United States populous is not directly exposed to gun violence in any capacity. 

Just caught this... you're a walking contradiction as always.... you just said you don't believe polls or the stats behind polls because it uses a certain number of people to represent the entire population. 

Then you turn around and claim (without proof) a statistic of who is exposed to gun violence or not.   Do you think every American answered that question?   How did they come up with that result?...... did they.. um.. poll and use stats? :sass1:

Bbbut I don't put faith in polls.... next paragraph - here is a result from a poll :lemming:

:rofls:

Edited by Goukosan
4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

You use anecdotes all the time and try to apply it to the general population are you denying this? :sass1:

Wait you're actually doubling down on polling not being a statistic? :rofls:

How are the questions chosen? 

How is the baseline population chosen, what metric is use to decide the types of people polled? 

How is the number of people to be polled decided?.

What mathematical methods are used to decide those numbers, the type of people, the questions, the results etc? :tophat2:

How are the questions chosen? Are you for real? How is any poll question chosen? People present a question for what they want to gain insight into... :grimaceleft:

At random within contrasting demography to try to attain the broadest result.

The number of people polled is based upon the population size weighed against the confidence interval to derive a margin of error percentage. 

4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Just caught this... you're a walking contradiction as always.... you just said you don't believe polls or the stats behind polls because it uses a certain number of people to represent the entire population. 

Then you turn around a claim (without proof) a statistic of who is exposed to gun violence or not.   Do you think every American answered that question?   How did they come up with that result?...... did they.. um.. poll and use stats? :sass1:

Bbbut I don't put faith in polls.... next paragraph - here is a result from a poll :lemming:

:rofls:

Weigh the amount of shootings versus that of the population size, the overwhelming majority of the United States populous will never be directly exposed to gun violence. 

That's not even a question, it's not an anecdote, it's statistic weighed against statistic which has insignificant overlap. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

How are the questions chosen? Are you for real? How is any poll question chosen? People present a question for what they want to gain insight into... :grimaceleft:

At random within contrasting demography to try to attain the broadest result.

The number of people polled is based upon the population size weighed against the confidence interval to derive a margin of error percentage. 

You just described why a poll it's a statistic.. just like we all said. :sass1:

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Weigh the amount of shootings versus that of the population size, the overwhelming majority of the United States populous will never be directly exposed to gun violence. 

That's not even a question, it's not an anecdote, it's statistic weighed against statistic which has insignificant overlap. 

Hey retard... not saying the stat you claimed is an anecdote... im saying you LOVE to use anecdotes. 

Did not you forget all the anecdotes you used in you local target, wall mart etc?  You tried to apply that to the entire population. 

and just yesterday you used another anecdote about the people you know... and tried to apply that anecdote to the entire population? :rofls:

You mean weigh the amount of reported shootings (not every shooting gets logged or reported) Vs the reported population.... both of which are stats and not 100% accurate and have a margin of error as well....... I thought you don't put your faith in those? :sass1:

7 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

A poll is not a statistic, a poll's purpose is to try and derive a statistic from grossly incomplete and incalculable broad data. 

Different statistics have different purposes Einstein... its purpose doesn't mean it's not a stat:rofls:

I got you to literally breakdown how a poll is a stat in your own words.... no go argue against your own post:sass1:

Edited by Goukosan
3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Hey retard... not saying the stat you claimed is an anecdote... im saying you LOVE to use anecdotes. 

Did not you forget all the anecdotes you used in you local target, wall mart etc?  You tried to apply that to the entire population. 

and just yesterday you used another anecdote about the people you know... and tried to apply that anecdote to the entire population? :rofls:

You mean weigh the amount of reported shootings (not every shooting gets logged or reported) Vs the reported population.... both of which are stats and not 100% accurate and have a margin of error as well....... I thought you don't put your faith in those? :sass1:

You do realize all of that shit was trolling right? I mean if you haven't figured that out by now :tom:

Also what anecdote are you referring to from yesterday?

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

You do realize all of that shit was trolling right? I mean if you haven't figured that out by now :tom:

Bbbut I was trolling guiz... I swearz it :cries:

So back to what started this..... the polling data and the results therein that you tried to minimize.... it still stands......

thanks for playing... good day to you :sass1:

57 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

A poll even in light of confidence percentages and random selection can turn up starkly different results each time its run.

Do you attribute that to faults in probability?

Just now, Hot Sauce said:

Do you attribute that to faults in probability?

Even if you ran it 20 times a subsequent 20 times would turn up a different result and so on and so forth. I attribute the fault to the ignorant assumption that you can achieve objectively accurate results by targeting any widely spaced demographic. 

7 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Bbbut I was trolling guiz... I swearz it :cries:

So back to what started this..... the polling data and the results therein that you tried to minimize.... it still stands......

thanks for playing... good day to you :sass1:

Of course it was trolling you moron... I'm out shopping and I see a shelf for Switch games which is 1/3 Wii U games with some 3DS games mixed in, of course I'm going to photograph it and fuck with you :hest:

Also since you ran away from this, what anecdote from yesterday?

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Statistics hold intrinsic value because they are built and based upon recorded and documented events to bring you to a number. A poll even in light of confidence percentages and random selection can turn up starkly different results each time its run. The reasons polls are run is because of the inability to attain broader results from the populous to reach a solidified conclusion which means verifying confidence accuracy is an impossibility, it's speculated accuracy. As I said I understand how they work, I understand the methodology, I place very little faith in it. 

LOL he's trying really hard to sound smart here.

but his argument boils down to: "Its not 100% accurate, therefore I consider it 0% accurate."

Sweetie, this is why, if you notice the graph that I posted......Gallup has been running this as continuous poll for YEARS.

It has always been over 50% except for one year when it dipped below to 43%. Other than that, it continuously shows the majority of Americans favoring stricter gun regulations year after year.

The fact that they can RANDOMLY select different people every year, and their results are similar to the previous year's only adds credibility to their polling.

25 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Wait a minute.................did he just throw away his own credibility............just to escape that?

He basically just said "you do realize that I make shit up, right?????? CHECKMATE!!!":lemming:

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL he's trying really hard to sound smart here.

but his argument boils down to: "Its not 100% accurate, therefore I consider it 0% accurate."

Sweetie, this is why, if you notice the graph that I posted......Gallup has been running this as continuous poll for YEARS.

It has always been over 50% except for one year when it dipped below to 43%. Other than that, it continuously shows the majority of Americans favoring stricter gun regulations year after year.

The fact that they can RANDOMLY select different people every year, and their results are similar to the previous year's only adds credibility to their polling.

No, what you don't understand is it's not even about the proposed accuracy itself, it's about the impossibility in backing that proposed accuracy which is the very reason polls exist. 

A poll exists because you can't attain this broad information you're seeking therefore there's no way to verify accuracy. It's a crapshoot, it's a pseudo statistical derivative.  

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

No, what you don't understand is it's not even about the proposed accuracy itself, it's about the impossibility in backing that proposed accuracy which is the very reason polls exist. 

A poll exists because you can't attain this broad information you're seeking therefore there's no way to verify accuracy. It's a crapshoot, it's a pseudo statistical derivative.  

Sorry...........you cannot downplay the "impossibility" down to a level that favors you.

That's why they have margin of error, and even within the margin of error..........the majority of Americans want stricter gun regulation, and they have been CONSISTENT with that majority for years in Gallup's polling.

You're trying to say: "It can't be 100% accurate.......so I'm going to assign it as being 0% accurate"

Sorry, it doesn't work that way. No matter how hard you try.

Edited by jehurey