First Control review is in

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

At first I was excited but the more I saw the less interesting it became. It looks very budget constrained. 

I agree that some of the footage they showed didn't really sell the game very well.  It was like they were showing the same bit over and over again, but what they've shown recently looks really good to me.

I think it will be a solid 8/10.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pretty awesome that both Control and Astral Chain delivered. Good times are ahead regardless of which platforms people own.

he's ugly and married a fat filipino woman as well.

I wonder what the difference is

47 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I agree that some of the footage they showed didn't really sell the game very well.  It was like they were showing the same bit over and over again, but what they've shown recently looks really good to me.

I think it will be a solid 8/10.

Same. I think it will get 7’s, but I will see it as an 8. 

Edited by -GD-
25 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Entirely different games, concepts, designs...

...lack of exclusive green box

Control looks so similar from an asset point of view to QB than nearly any other 2 new IPs that came back to back from a developer that I've ever seen in my life. 

16 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

...lack of exclusive green box

Control looks so similar from an asset point of view to QB than nearly any other 2 new IPs that came back to back from a developer that I've ever seen in my life. 

Because like I said to Remij budget constraints which result similar design philosophy, established engine systems and effects. That doesn't mean the game looks interesting to me, it's not the same game, concept, setting etc. 

It's like Shenmue III. 8 months ago I thought it looked horrible, that they had gone the wrong direction with a lot of things then they released new footage and it's spot on now. 

This is the opposite of that, I was excited for this initially then the content wall hit with identical likened editions that cost the same but 2 of 3 have less content, then I realized more and more how shallow the design of the world was, saw the dialog in action, realized that I had no connection with the character or what was going on. 

A shallow explanation like yours is always easier, faggot. 

10 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Because like I said to Remij budget constraints which result similar design philosophy, established engine systems and effects. That doesn't mean the game looks interesting to me, it's not the same game, concept, setting etc. 

It's like Shenmue III. 8 months ago I thought it looked horrible, that they had gone the wrong direction with a lot of things then they released new footage and it's spot on now. 

This is the opposite of that, I was excited for this initially then the content wall hit with identical likened editions that cost the same but 2 of 3 have less content, then I realized more and more how shallow the design of the world was, saw the dialog in action, realized that I had no connection with the character or what was going on. 

A shallow explanation like yours is always easier, faggot. 

The budget constraint thing is literally something you just made up now. You have no idea what their budget was for this or any game they've made.

I can't imagine absolutely loving QB then having such minimal interest in this, unless your fav part of QB was the crappy tv show aspects. This looks like the QB engine/gameplay refined and enhanced with a slightly different setting.

Sometimes the simplest explanation are the truest ;)

10 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

The budget constraint thing is literally something you just made up now. You have no idea what their budget was for this or any game they've made.

I can't imagine absolutely loving QB then having such minimal interest in this, unless your fav part of QB was the crappy tv show aspects. This looks like the QB engine/gameplay refined and enhanced with a slightly different setting.

Just made up lol? I have no idea lol?

The budget was $10 million dollars and it shows, even though Quantum Break wasn't perfect you can see a major step back in complexity of environmental design and an increase in simplicity, bare and sharp angular shapes to the levels, void filled rooms and structures.

You can't imagine not feeling a connection to a product that isn't the same as the product before it, has a different main character, setting, plot and design premise? What is so hard for you to comprehend about this isn't Quantum Break or as conceptually interesting, this isn't about a time travel experiment gone wrong, it's not in wide sprawling variety driven environments, and doesn't have the cast of characters to lift it up. Do you think that just because the game has some supernatural abilities partially akin to the previous game that I should somehow be all in on it?

Where's the logic? This isn't Quantum Break, buddy. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Just made up lol? I have no idea lol?

The budget was $10 million dollars and it shows, even though Quantum Break wasn't perfect you can see a major step back in complexity of environmental design and an increase in simplicity, bare and sharp angular shapes to the levels, void filled rooms and structures.

You can't imagine not feeling a connection to a product that isn't the same as the product before it, has a different main character, setting, plot and design premise? What is so hard for you to comprehend about this isn't Quantum Break or as conceptually interesting, this isn't about a time travel experiment gone wrong, it's not in wide sprawling variety driven environments, and doesn't have the cast of characters to lift it up. Do you think that just because the game has some supernatural abilities partially akin to the previous game that I should somehow be all in on it?

Where's the logic? This isn't Quantum Break, buddy. 

I see a major step up in the gameplay aspects they introduced in QB and the engine being taken to the next level in terms of environmental manipulation.

Character wise we know so little. In fact from nearly every aspect we know so little. 

I know it's not QB, it's prob gonna be better :shrug: We'll see tomorrow

9 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I see a major step up in the gameplay aspects they introduced in QB and the engine being taken to the next level in terms of environmental manipulation.

Character wise we know so little. In fact from nearly every aspect we know so little. 

I know it's not QB, it's prob gonna be better :shrug: We'll see tomorrow

It's not hard to improve gameplay mechanics, but mechanics don't make for an interesting game. If that were the case then Halo 5 would have been the GOAT Halo as it's got some of the best and most refined gameplay mechanics in the franchise.

Did it ever dawn on you that we know so little character wise because there's less depth to the game? You advertise these things, you don't hide away stuff like that if it exists and you're trying to sell an entertainment product to people. 

An arbitrary score listed on an internet website isn't going to make me interested in something. If a product doesn't call to me it's not going to because some other people think it's interesting. You don't have an argument, you never did. What you said backfired the second it entered your brain as a thought to type it out on this website. 

I hear Ori is a fantastic game, never played it, have no interest in playing it, never did and even with the second game coming out I still don't. You don't need to have a shit fit because people don't like something, you don't need to invent reasoning that doesn't exist for why people aren't interested in something. It's a delusional psychosis. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!

lol "budget constraints". Reviews actually complained about Quantum Break because their cutscenes looked like they were filmed on cheap stages. Their main gimmick looked budget constrained, and that didn't stop lemmings from pretending to like the game.

11 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's not hard to improve gameplay mechanics, but mechanics don't make for an interesting game. If that were the case then Halo 5 would have been the GOAT Halo as it's got some of the best and most refined gameplay mechanics in the franchise.

Did it ever dawn on you that we know so little character wise because there's less depth to the game? You advertise these things, you don't hide away stuff like that if it exists and you're trying to sell an entertainment product to people. 

An arbitrary score listed on an internet website isn't going to make me interested in something. If a product doesn't call to me it's not going to because some other people think it's interesting. You don't have an argument, you never did. What you said backfired the second it entered your brain as a thought to type it out on this website. 

I hear Ori is a fantastic game, never played it, have no interest in playing it, never did and even with the second game coming out I still don't. You don't need to have a shit fit because people don't like something, you don't need to invent reasoning that doesn't exist for why people aren't interested in something. It's a delusional psychosis. 

Stupid ass comparison as Halo 5 isn't a new IP and as such carries so much weight and expectations forward from the world/lore/setting that a new IP doesn't. QB and Control are identical from a comparison stand point. 

Or maybe it has a shit tonne less marketing because it doesn't have a first party marketing machine behind it. 

Reviews might not be indicative of whether it matches your taste or not but it will resolve your concerns of 'depth in the game' and story, characters and setting and how fleshed out everything is. You obviously enjoyed the QB gameplay and this already seems vastly improved on that. So it's missing the tv show aspect, the actors and the time travel story...which absolutely zero of those things made QB great.  

The point is that if you had zero interest in Ori and yet boast about LOVING Hollow Knight or Castlevania or other metroidvania then I would also call you out because it obviously has nothing to do with the game.