Cyberpunk's cutscenes will now be in first person only...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't really have an issue with this tbh. Helps keep the immersion anyway since the game is FP. 

Lmao buying 1200 graphics cards for console games. 

This isn't current gen!!1    Idiot.  

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

What do you mean "will now be"? Where was it ever stated they wouldn't be? 

Also what does the game maintaining perspective have to do with any kind of downgrade? 

The fact that they changed it half way through development :cosby2: 

And it's a downgrade because they don't have to render another high quality character on screen.

Most people are disappointed as fuck about this.  Why customize our characters looks if we can't ever see them :tom: 

There's sure to be more "announcements" coming regarding this game :hehe: 

3 hours ago, Remij_ said:

The fact that they changed it half way through development :cosby2: 

And it's a downgrade because they don't have to render another high quality character on screen.

Most people are disappointed as fuck about this.  Why customize our characters looks if we can't ever see them :tom: 

There's sure to be more "announcements" coming regarding this game :hehe: 

Do you remember literally nothing they showed and what they said relative to it? 

"The gameplay you're about to see is from a work in progress version of the game, everything you see is potentially subject to change."

Did you forget that Bioshock did this very thing to keep you transfixed in your position relative to the world? It's not some kind of downgrade on the back of rendering budgets, that's just asinine, it was a design choice.

Can't ever see yourself? What are mirrors? Hell you're talking about RTX every 5 seconds, with your logic you should be able to see your reflection 800 different ways. Do I agree with this choice? Not particularly, but they know exactly what they're doing. 

19 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Do you remember literally nothing they showed and what they said relative to it? 

"The gameplay you're about to see is from a work in progress version of the game, everything you see is potentially subject to change."

Did you forget that Bioshock did this very thing to keep you transfixed in your position relative to the world? It's not some kind of downgrade on the back of rendering budgets, that's just asinine, it was a design choice.

Can't ever see yourself? What are mirrors? Hell you're talking about RTX every 5 seconds, with your logic you should be able to see your reflection 800 different ways. Do I agree with this choice? Not particularly, but they know exactly what they're doing. 

No, Bioshock Infinite demo was an entirely scripted sequence. What they ultimately discovered was that they couldn't do extensive transportation across that sky city via the trolley system because the engine was capable of streaming in things that quickly. It ended up changing the design of that game.

The first demo of Cyberpunk is simply way too big for it to be a scripted vertical slice.

I predicted a long time ago that they will end up "boxing in" alot of areas in the game to get it to fit in consoles.

The amount of NPCs on screen is going to be atrocious on consoles. I had no idea Novigrad was that barren on the PS4/XBO versions, since I was used to the PC version. The same thing is going to happen with Cyberpunk.

12 hours ago, Remij_ said:

This shit's getting downgraded to fuck :tom: 

Don't any of you find it interesting that we've not seen a single speck of console footage?

what the fuck. you can say its a downgrade bc it saves them the work but tbh I prefer it like this. playing the game in first person from start to finish man, thats immersion. :glad: