Control is a marketing disaster, but....

I like how Dynocrap's very own creation of this thread undermines his agenda.

He's literally creating word-of-mouth praise for the game, he's literally making himself an example of a convinced cynic who loves the game.

That's the only thing people are getting from reading his thread. He's just too dumb to know it.:tom:

Its not everyday you get somebody hating on a game for months and months and months, they VOLUNTARILY create a thread in which they say they were wrong, the game is amazing. LOL

Now that's marketing.

Edited by jehurey
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i think control is amazing. you guys hate on this game, they say this game sucks. this game is better than you and your entire life.   rempee and dildo are gay they argue but in the end they

I ran into a projector that was playing a video and knocked it over. It was facing a box on the floor and it actually continued projecting the video in a tiny square on the box...that’s one of the coo

7 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

So that changes what I said?  No.. it doesn't.

The physics in Quantum Break are laughable in comparison.  Environment and object complexity is incredibly more complex in Control.  Destructibility... almost non existent in Quantum Break.

Overall your whole fucking argument is stupid.  People WILL play this game due to it's technical prowess.  One just has to take a look at the word of mouth this game has on forums and in reviews to know that people are talking about it.

Remedy showed off enough about the game... enough that Remedy FANS should have known the game was going to be good... and to keep surprises in store.  Other people who needed more convincing (you shouldn't have fallen into this category btw) will get it from reviews and word of mouth.

That's exactly what's been happening in the forums.  You weren't sold on the game... because it wasn't a MS exclusive.  I fully 1000% believe that.  If it was, you would have been going on and on about how Quantum Break was great and you were sure that this would be too.

No, but the game is not focused on physics and destruction like Control is. The model exists in the game, they could do it, it has destruction physics so they could have done more obviously. That's not talking about the graphics though and the detail of the environments therein.

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Holy shit.. you actually think that?  :scared: 

Man... :tom: 

Control's budget was also ~30 million... not $10mil like you thought...

Of course I think that, it's observable reality. Quantum Break had like 6 years of development with a much higher budget and linear environments. Of course the crafting of the environments is artistically better, more filled out, detailed and polished.

$30 million includes marketing, that's the whole project budget. The development of the game was just over $10 million. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
29 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Everyone should care, everyone does care, it's the entire foundation for what does or does not build up your excitement for a game. 

Look at Remij, he was over the moon about Cyberpunk based upon earlier marketing and now look at him, he's unhinged. It's nearly everything. 

Cyberpunk has shown giant chunks of gameplay and had the biggest spots at E3 multiple years in a row now so you have a lot to base an opinion on. Control had such minimal marketing and fleshed out details which is exactly what I was telling you right before release. Asking how you could be forming so many opinions about variety and weapons and so on considering we had seen so little. 

I'm not talking about marketing's importance to selling a game, I'm talking about it's importance to you, someone who follows the news, has played Remedy games, loved the last one and doesn't really care what other ppl say. There was no reason for you to be so down on it prior to release.

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

No, but the game is not focused on physics and destruction like Control is. The model exists in the game, they could do it, it has destruction physics so they could have done more obviously. That's not talking about the graphics though and the detail of the environments therein.

Of course it is talking about the graphics. :cosby2: 

Quantum Break isn't even in the same league :tom: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

Of course it is talking about the graphics. :cosby2: 

48669733042_7f96f5e67f_o.gif

Quantum Break isn't even in the same league :tom: 

You're being retarded again, hamstringing to physics destruction. We're talking about graphics here chum, environmental craftsmanship. 

Quantum Break's is higher. 

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You're being retarded again, hamstringing to physics destruction. We're talking about graphics here chum, environmental craftsmanship. 

Quantum Break's is higher. 

No.. it's not.  And NO... physics and destruction is TIED to graphics.  How can you be this fucking stupid.

https://giant.gfycat.com/BitesizedForthrightFruitfly.webm

That is VISUALLY more impressive than ANYTHING in Quantum Break.  Full stop.

They aren't even close dummy.  The artistry and craftsmanship of Controls world shits all over Quantum Break.

Also, Control DOES in fact have visuals and effects and Quantum Break could only DREAM of.  If you don't think people have noticed this... you're out of your mind.

Here's the giant bomb crew seeing the Control teaster for the first time at Sony's E3 2018.

Let's see, they:

-say they get an immediate Alan Wake vibe

-say that they get a heavy Psy-Ops vibe

-And say it looks cool.

-They can clearly tell that its going to be a physics-heavy game

"Remedy or Sony or both did an awful job marketing this game":lemming:

-Dynocrap

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

No.. it's not.  And NO... physics and destruction is TIED to graphics.  How can you be this fucking stupid.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BitesizedForthrightFruitfly-mobile.mp4

That is VISUALLY more impressive than ANYTHING in Quantum Break.  Full stop.

They aren't even close dummy.  The artistry and craftsmanship of Controls world shits all over Quantum Break.

Also, Control DOES in fact have visuals and effects and Quantum Break could only DREAM of.  If you don't think people have noticed this... you're out of your mind.

Objectively it doesn't, the world structure in Quantum Break is far more high quality. You keep running back to physics manipulation and effects and overlooking the entire point here, smoke and mirrors.  

It's very much a Gran Turismo Sport car models situations versus Forza 7's, both incredible looking games but GTS' models are better simply for the sake of scope and quantity. 

GTS less cars more attention to detail (Quantum Break 'linear'), Forza more cars less attention to detail (Control 'open world'). 

Control doesn't look this good, there's not one environment in the entire game (and I played through it all) that remotely comes close to this, while this is just business as usual in a random section of Quantum Break. It all comes down to time, budget and scope of game. Different development lengths, different budgets, different scopes.

48669653751_f7e1391665_o.png

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Objectively it doesn't, the world structure in Quantum Break is far more high quality. You keep running back to physics manipulation and effects and overlooking the entire point here, smoke and mirrors.  

It's very much a Gran Turismo Sport car models situations versus Forza 7's, both incredible looking games but GTS' models are better simply for the sake of scope and quantity. 

GTS less cars more attention to detail (Quantum Break 'linear'), Forza more cars less attention to detail (Control 'open world'). 

Control doesn't look this good, there's not one environment in the entire game (and I played through it all) that remotely comes close to this, while this is just business as usual in a random section of Quantum Break. It all comes down to time, budget and scope of game. Different development lengths, different budgets, different scopes.

Took me almost a whole minute to find a larger environment  that has more special effects going on.

XLnEQW.gif

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Yikes.......so you can't even refute something that just took me a minute to find.

And this becomes more and more true, the more I see you NOT refute it.:blessed:

Why would I refute something that's helping my argument lol? Giant barren environment, smaller finely crafted one. 

:tom: Fuck dude

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Why would I refute something that's helping my argument lol? Giant barren environment, smaller finely crafted one. 

:tom: Fuck dude

Holy shit...........is it true that almost none of the cars in the parking garage level take any physical damage as there's 10 people firing machine guns and throwing grenades all over the level????????

Oh my god:lawl:

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Holy shit...........is it true that almost none of the cars in the parking garage level take any physical damage as there's 10 people firing machine guns and throwing grenades all over the level????????

Oh my god:lawl:

No that's not true at all, they most definitely explode. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

No that's not true at all, they most definitely explode. 

No, that's not what I said.

And you are basically admitting it because you went STRAIGHT to the word usage "explode"

They don't take regular damage from guns firing at the cars when you are using them for cover.

Oh my god, that's embarrassing, I'm literally looking at video of it right now.:drake: And you know this as well.

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

That environment where nothing is interactive?  Only the cars explode:mj:

Control shits on that... in both style and visual quality/lighting.

iTOCE9.png

iTwsFv.jpg

iTw4IC.jpg