• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Haters gonna hate  

technically, it's AAA while gears is A  TLHBR

Posted Images

He made traversing something you gotta pay attention to with weight terrain and walking paths relevant at all times. Plus. Kinda like the joy of Mario Oddyseu. No plant or space wasted.  He also saved a lot of frame rates by theming the world to be desolate. Lol brilliant. The fact walking matters is neato. 

8 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

I saw the part in which he has to balance a set of boxes up-top with L2+R2.

Yeah....no thanks.

I can see doing that as a mini-game for a couple missions but not always.

Very sure you do it as you run, & it all becomes second nature. you lazy chink.  Dumbbro gaming. :smh:

don't you like racing sims??? It's the same idea.

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

i will redbox this, just in case i absolutely hate it lol. i don't want another gears 4 on my hands (bought it at $60 and hated it) 

Yeah, I want to just do the movie mode because the story is literally the only part that looks interesting to me.

6 minutes ago, Ike said:

Yeah, I want to just do the movie mode because the story is literally the only part that looks interesting to me.

i just watched the digital foundry vid. i really want to try it. but yeah, movie mode for sure. 

real talk, it didn’t even matter what scores this got. this was always destined to be a cult classic heiled for its audacity and weirdness, like some quirky 6.0 scoring dreamcast game people claim to love 20 years after the fact - including deeno who brandishes his boxed copy of seaman with the microphone with pride (but of course now only indulges in generic microsoft cover shooters :hest: )

the AAA score is just the icing on the cake.

5 hours ago, -GD- said:

i just watched the digital foundry vid. i really want to try it. but yeah, movie mode for sure. 

Im having trouble finding details on what exactly that changes. It seems that the game itself isn't that hard (GB said its easy to avoid the enemy bases and even the BTs during those sections) so if the movie mode is just lower combat difficulty then we're still looking at dozens of hours of tedious gameplay.

Edited by Twinblade
Just now, Twinblade said:

Im having trouble finding details on what exactly that changes. It seems that the game itself isn't that hard (GB said its easy to avoid the enemy bases and even the BTs during those sections) so if that mode is just lower combat difficulty then you're still looking at dozens of hours of tedious gameplay.

eh i'll see. i don't mind lots of exploring if the areas are interesting. DF loved it.