Death Stranding - 2/5 from Giantbomb (DS Discussion Thread)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

jpeg of gamespot starter guide

I just finished it. Damn, what a ride. Its far from perfect, but I still haven't felt so enamored by a game since Witcher 3.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, kokujin said:

Just shut up and deliver, boy :ironing:

Its even worse IRL...

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/oct/17/amazon-warehouse-worker-deaths

In September, Billy Foister, a 48-year-old Amazon warehouse worker, died after a heart attack at work. According to his brother, an Amazon human resources representative informed him at the hospital that Billy had lain on the floor for 20 minutes before receiving treatment from Amazon’s internal safety responders

..."A couple of days before, he put the wrong product in the wrong bin and within two minutes management saw it on camera and came down to talk to him about it,” Edward Foister said.

:grimaceleft:

• Like 1

Downloading the game now. I kinda doubt I’ll like it, but reading your guys first impressions along with impression on Gaf and Era made me waste some money on it.  The fact that the game looks beautiful and that I’m a graphics whore helped as well. 

43 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Yeah but your delivery quota increases due to the increased mobility. th_snakeben1-2.png

Eh I think I may return this. I wouldn’t mind if there were elaborate cities with different scenery.  The whole game is grass, rock, water, and metal (the buildings). 

Well, I’m the first one here Playing DS to say it - but this game, while having some of the best visual and audio design this gen, just isn’t fun. I kept playing It for the story and atmosphere , but they are not enough. I’ll just YouTube  the cutscenes lol. Hope you guys continue to like it. But, I’m going to side with IGN on this one. 

Absolutely loving this game now in Chapter 3 (not to mention the awesome end to Chapter 2). Probably most engrossed I've been in a game since God Of War. 

Chapter 3 opens up so much stuff. Combat, so many items that makes traversal easier, fabricating vehicles and the things you are now building change the world so much:

minor spoiler:

Highways[/spoiler]

Hijack a MULE truck in Chapter 3 and you're good to go B)

For anyone just starting or going to start, definitely listen to the guides and just streamline Chapter 1 and 2 then come back to do standard orders later if you wish because you will be given so many more items/vehicles to make the early standard orders easier in chapter 3 and onwards, plus you unlock a fast travel system. 

Near the beginning of chapter 3. Had a pretty big 'oh shit' moment where I tried to cross a rushing river that was too deep. Not only did all my cargo fall off but i got swept downstream and had barely any control over Sam until I steered him into a rock and was finally able to get my bearings along with all of my cargo. I got blown quite a bit off course but having all my shit intact was a huge relief.

This game is pretty good brehs.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Chapter 3 is amazing. Building highways is one of the most satisfying things ever and the amount my map has changed from last night to today is amazing. Some of the best social/mp implementation in a game ever. This is a very special game. 

Im still not entirely sure how the auto paver works. Do you have to manually carry the required materials to it in order to build roads? That seems like it could be pretty tedious.

16 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im still not entirely sure how the auto paver works. Do you have to manually carry the required materials to it in order to build roads? That seems like it could be pretty tedious.

Yeah you do, however.

Go to a MULE zone, get into a fight and hijack their truck. Did that early in Chapter 3 and it has been the most useful thing ever. Load up truck with materials, take it to the next highway junction, build it, then do the same for the next. I have a long continuous highway so far, thanks to me building a few and the community building many too. You'll get a crap load of likes too which increases your level and unlocks more stuff. 

With the truck though I've been completing multiple standard orders at once, just make sure you take some PCC with you for generators and to go to link up outposts so you get them on the network to allow you to build in their territories.

But yeah, the truck + highway is a gamechanger.  

12 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah you do, however.

Go to a MULE zone, get into a fight and hijack their truck. Did that early in Chapter 3 and it has been the most useful thing ever. Load up truck with materials, take it to the next highway junction, build it, then do the same for the next. I have a long continuous highway so far, thanks to me building a few and the community building many too. You'll get a crap load of likes too which increases your level and unlocks more stuff. 

With the truck though I've been completing multiple standard orders at once, just make sure you take some PCC with you for generators and to go to link up outposts so you get them on the network to allow you to build in their territories.

But yeah, the truck + highway is a gamechanger.  

Yeah, I just built my first stretch of road. Was actually pretty satisfying, and now I’m getting ~200 likes every few minutes because it’s the piece right at lake knot city’s entrance so everyone’s using it  :ben: one thing that’s annoying is that even if you park a truck full of materials right against the auto paver, you still need to manually remove them from the truck and carry them up to the structure. Making it so that the truck and it’s contents are automatically detected within a certain radius (like when you’re in a distribution center) would have been a huge quality of life improvement.

Edited by Twinblade