Super Mario 3D World >>> Super Mario Oddysey in every way.

I've been playing every single Mario platformer (even the obscure Mario vs DK ones) over the years, but I got pretty dissapointed in Oddysey. There is barely any platforming in the whole game :/ Its just another Yooka Laylee-type collectathon.

It's the most boring Mario game I've played and that's something I'd never expect from the mainline series. 

- the Power Moons are basically generic coins, they are not well hidden and are on every corner of the game. It does not feel rewarding when you can get it every few seconds with no effort.

- the uncanny valley mix of realistic humans/creatures with the Mario's usual cartoon aesthetic. Why is Nintendo taking notes from Sonic Adventure games? Just stick to one aesthetic otherwise it looks like an amateur mod.

-  collecting Power Moons doesnt unlock anything other than the useless costumes. Yeah, theres that one extra level, the Dark Moon, but it's just a boss rush. I havent collected every power moon yet, but spending hours on gathering so many of them and not getting any extra levels is BS. Mario 3D world had a ton of new levels  the more you collect those stars.

With the Pokemon SS, there are now 2 main Nintendo series that Im no longer interested in :feelsbadman: I hope that last Kirby title doesnt let me down. 

10 hours ago, -GD- said:

Fire emblem is better than anything I played on wiiu

Not really a srpg fan, is fire emblem on switch any special? Anyone tried luigi mansion? Curious why its selling much more than its predecessors and even outselling mario maker 2.