4 years after release, The Witcher 3 hits it's highest ever amount of concurrent players

The Neflix series putting in work bringing more fans in, and bringing old fans back.

zbTUmXR.png

Game is also Top Global Seller on Steam during the Steam sale.  Perfectly timed if I do say so...

fss.png

And the important thing to remember here is that Steam's top sellers is based off revenue.  That means that at $20.. TW3 has to sell 3x what RDR2 is selling to be making first place.  That's crazy.  Tons of people are still buying this game.

And this is all leading up to Cyberpunk 2077 next year.  They're going to have strong word of mouth from new and old fans alike.. as well as the news about working with the original Witcher author again... buzz for CDProjectRED going into CP2077 will be monstrous.  It's probably going to be the biggest launch of the year.  Things are looking good for them. :whew:  

19 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

They also launched it on GamePass the day before the show came out, I can imagine that's blown up as well. 

Absolutely.  Guaranteed all platforms are seeing higher than usual player counts as well as sales.

It's going to be interesting to see how CP2077 does at launch.

20 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This place really is inhabited by total morons. 

Nobody cares about gamepass, the service is a laughing stock to the majority of gamers. 

gamepass isn't influencing shit beyond the xbox platform. and even then it's the budget xbox gamers who want to play a $10 binner 5 years later.

I remember in Witcher 2 there was a mission that cheekily advertised GoG.com.

They should add a new DLC quest to the Witcher in which they advertise Cyberpunk 2077

Very smart move for CDPR to renew the licensing deal to the Witcher, because they would've re-sold the licensing rights to some other developer for a future game, and they would be reaping the benefits of a future Witcher game selling well.

55 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

$14.99 for Witcher 3 GOTY edition.   Purchased!

Coworker at work was telling me about how great the game is and I like the Netflix series.   

I'm not sure if you are trying to be sarcastic but if you never heard of witcher before or played the games I sorry for you. And you shouldn't start with 3. 

8 minutes ago, kaz said:

I'm not sure if you are trying to be sarcastic but if you never heard of witcher before or played the games I sorry for you. And you shouldn't start with 3. 

No, I'm not being sarcastic, I just bought the GOTY edition on Steam for $15, not a bad deal for a game that was $50 and it is the current program I am following. 

3 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

No, I'm not being sarcastic, I just bought the GOTY edition on Steam for $15, not a bad deal for a game that was $50 and it is the current program I am following. 

you could start with 3 but as a pc gamer you should start with the original. :reg:

Witcher 3 is one of the biggest, meatiest single-player games this decade.

What is genuinely scary is the jumped that CDPR made in terms of game quality from Witcher 2 to Witcher 3.

I don't think they can have that similar of a jump from Witcher 3 to CyberPunk 2077, but it wouldn't surprise me if that game straight up more content.