Xbox Series X news info - Digital Foundry article/video and techdemo of QuickResume

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FLOP

This system is gonna be a little beast.  

I'll be hyped when they start showing off the games. Can't get hyped over Xbox specs because I guess its been a discussion for months now and most of the speculation lines up. Show. Me. The. Games. I

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yea possibly.  I'd guess around $100 for 1TB.  If games are better designed around improving and reducing unnecessary storage, then it may not even be really necessary.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

It's 1TB and proprietary.... it will cost a few hundred dollars bro :holeup:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

What's the current cost of 1TB memory card storage now?  an Open standard memory card too. 

NVMe?  Like $100-$150.

You can spend more of course... but this wont be like your typical drive.  I bet a lot of the actual "drive" like the controller and everything else is already built into the Series X hardware and this is basic right down to the chips.. thus the small size.

Maybe $100 is too low.  I'd say around $150.  I can't see a $250+ addon...

Edited by Remij_
Just now, Goukosan said:

Just read it. 

I think it will launch at $199 and prices will drop as it mass produced throughout the generation. 

Unless Microsoft wants to eat the costs then $150.

Could be.  I shouldn't have said "lmao.. no" because anything is possible.  Thinking more about it... they're probably going to try to make up the losses that they have on the console with accessories like this that certain people will buy no matter how expensive it is. :[ 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Could be.  I shouldn't have said "lmao.. no" because anything is possible.  Thinking more about it... they're probably going to try to make up the losses that they have on the console with accessories like this that certain people will buy no matter how expensive it is. :[ 

Proprietary memory cards always cost a ridiculous amount of money compared to the non proprietary cards. 

and if the Non-proprietary cards start at 100, then the propriety cards will cost much more than that... 

Not only that, no matter what improvements in compression are made next gen.... games will be ridiculously larger. 

Next gen is going to bw expensive as fuck at launch. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

Proprietary memory cards always cost a ridiculous amount of money compared to the non proprietary cards. 

and if the Non-proprietary cards start at 100, then the propriety cards will cost much more than that... 

Not only that, no matter what improvements in compression are made next gen.... games will be ridiculously larger. 

Next gen is going to bw expensive as fuck at launch. 

I know that.  But like I said.. I think these drives will remove a lot of the cost by having the controller and cache built into the Series X console itself.

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

Series X has a new AutoHDR feature which uses ML algorithms to analyse the visual data of the game and convert them into HDR. 

This will work at the system level for ALL games. :ooh:

This seems like the kind of thing that would work amazingly well for PC too :face: 

I don't trust this feature. For one simple reason. Even many devs can't get it right when they are making the game. Some auto feature will probably suck. I hope it doesn't, but I remain sceptical.

3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I don't trust this feature. For one simple reason. Even many devs can't get it right when they are making the game. Some auto feature will probably suck. I hope it doesn't, but I remain sceptical.

So do I... but it's not that devs cant get it right... it's that they simply don't want to bother.  But in theory this should actually do a better job than devs who would half ass it.  Devs that do a proper job of it will be able to do that as usual as well.

We'll have to see how it goes.

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

So do I... but it's not that devs cant get it right... it's that they simply don't want to bother.  But in theory this should actually do a better job than devs who would half ass it.  Devs that do a proper job of it will be able to do that as usual as well.

We'll have to see how it goes.

They confirmed non X enchached games will get a BC resolution boost. That's impressive as fuck.

Big question is if PS5 can do this...

This would make remasters a bit pointless for many games.

Edited by Team 2019