Xbox Series X news info - Digital Foundry article/video and techdemo of QuickResume

ETNgR81XkAYCkn1?format=png&name=small

^Phil's new twitter profile pic

Supposedly there's going to be a deeper look at the motherboard and more info on the hardware capabilities.

That pic also would confirm a 320-bit memory bus. :] 

Edited by Remij_
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FLOP

This system is gonna be a little beast.  

I'll be hyped when they start showing off the games. Can't get hyped over Xbox specs because I guess its been a discussion for months now and most of the speculation lines up. Show. Me. The. Games. I

Posted Images

• Remij changed the title to Xbox Series X news info - Digital Foundry article/video and techdemo of QuickResume

New controller features

Some Xbox Series X controller details

• - new D-pad
  • - cross-compatibility across a bunch of devices
  • - Bluetooth Low Energy (BTLE) for easier pairing
  • - Dynamic Latency Input (DLI) to improve input latency
  • - share button
  • - improved textures and finishes

ETOt3KLWAAAEOeQ?format=jpg&name=large

ETOtC6XWoAUewkE?format=jpg&name=large

ETOs5zzWkAQfjz-?format=jpg&name=large

Hardware Decompression – Hardware decompression is a dedicated hardware component introduced with Xbox Series X to allow games to consume as little space as possible on the SSD while eliminating all CPU overhead typically associated with run-time decompression. It reduces the software overhead of decompression when operating at full SSD performance from more than three CPU cores to zero – thereby freeing considerable CPU power for the game to spend on areas like better gameplay and improved framerates. Hardware decompression is one of the components of the Xbox Velocity Architecture.

Mesh Shading – Mesh shading will enable developers to dramatically improve the performance and image quality when rendering a substantial number of complex objects in a scene. As an example, mesh shaders could enable the player to experience asteroid belts and fields of flowers in more pristine detail without seeing a loss in performance.

Xbox Velocity Architecture – The Xbox Velocity Architecture is the new architecture we’ve created for the Xbox Series X to unlock new capabilities never-before seen in console development. It consists of four components: our custom NVMe SSD, a dedicated hardware decompression block, the all new DirectStorage API, and Sampler Feedback Streaming (SFS). This combination of custom hardware and deep software integration allows developers to radically improve asset streaming and effectively multiply available memory. It will enable richer and more dynamic living worlds unlike anything ever seen before. It also effectively eliminates loading times, and makes fast travel systems just that: fast.

Mesh shading is in :blessed: 

DirectStorage – DirectStorage is an all new I/O system designed specifically for gaming to unleash the full performance of the SSD and hardware decompression. It is one of the components that comprise the Xbox Velocity Architecture. Modern games perform asset streaming in the background to continuously load the next parts of the world while you play, and DirectStorage can reduce the CPU overhead for these I/O operations from multiple cores to taking just a small fraction of a single core; thereby freeing considerable CPU power for the game to spend on areas like better physics or more NPCs in a scene. This newest member of the DirectX family is being introduced with Xbox Series X and we plan to bring it to Windows as well.

:blessed: 

This system is gonna be a little beast.  

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Phil Sphincter said:

There's really zero hype surrounding the XCock Suckies X, I guess no exclusives + such bland looking hardware makes for very little excitement.

They need an emergency redesign ASAP, this looks like your run of the mill PC. 

The only hype there is right now is for the Series X..  PS haven't revealed anything.  Maybe this will get them to open up a bit so the Pony's can have something to talk about? :shrug: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

The only hype there is right now is for the Series X..  PS haven't revealed anything.  Maybe this will get them to open up a bit so the Pony's can have something to talk about? :shrug: 

There's hype?