Xbox Series X news info - Digital Foundry article/video and techdemo of QuickResume

3 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Industry analyst, but obviously grains of salt and all. The SoC being ~360mm^2 makes more confident in a $499.99 price tag; any higher and it's DOA, IMO. I imagine GDDR6 and NAND will come down in price in a reasonable amount of time (assuming this coronavirus epidemic stabilizes).

The price of NVME 3D NAND M.2  was gonig up before this COVID-19 was breaking worldwide.  

I been wanting to get another 1TB drive for one of my PCs that I bought previous, twice last year at $99.99, and now it's $114 . 

For some reason I can't bring myself to pull the lever and get it because I feel like it's being gouged.  

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FLOP

This system is gonna be a little beast.  

I'll be hyped when they start showing off the games. Can't get hyped over Xbox specs because I guess its been a discussion for months now and most of the speculation lines up. Show. Me. The. Games. I

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

uh huh

Imagine coming into a thread with tons of new details about next gen consoles.... and you're first thoughts are of trying to zing! Phil Spencer :hest: 

Yea... you're not a pathetic fucking loser or anything at all... nope! :drake:

1 minute ago, The Mother Fucker said:

The price of NVME 3D NAND M.2  was gonig up before this COVID-19 was breaking worldwide.  

I been wanting to get another 1TB drive for one of my PCs that I bought previous, twice last year at $99.99, and now it's $114 . 

For some reason I can't bring myself to pull the lever and get it because I feel like it's being gouged.  

Yeah, I noticed this as well, but I thought this was because of the WD/Kioxia facility fire?

18 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Imagine coming into a thread with tons of new details about next gen consoles.... and you're first thoughts are of trying to zing! Phil Spencer :hest: 

Yea... you're not a pathetic fucking loser or anything at all... nope! :drake:

xAlnP1O.png

mmmmhmm.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

This console is ridiculous, even if the PS5 has a GPU leg up (doubt it), the heights they've reached with this system is really incredible.

Even more than the TF power, which is more than I was expecting... it's all the features and optimizations and new technologies that it has that make it really impressive.

I'm just glad it's hitting all the marks I was hoping it would hit wrt Mesh Shaders, Texture-space shading, VRS, and everything else.

I'm REALLY fucking interested in this Direct Storage API and their "Velocity Architecture".. 

Sampler Feedback Streaming (SFS) – A component of the Xbox Velocity Architecture, SFS is a feature of the Xbox Series X hardware that allows games to load into memory, with fine granularity, only the portions of textures that the GPU needs for a scene, as it needs it. This enables far better memory utilization for textures, which is important given that every 4K texture consumes 8MB of memory. Because it avoids the wastage of loading into memory the portions of textures that are never needed, it is an effective 2x or 3x (or higher) multiplier on both amount of physical memory and SSD performance.

This is another huge thing.  13.5GB for games doesn't sound like much more than the Xbox One X... but when you take into account all these features and optimizations... it's going to make a huge difference.  This.. augmented by the SSD transfer speeds and the decompression block will give developers huge amounts of memory to work with.

5 minutes ago, -GD- said:

the system sounds amazing, but there's no way this is less than $599. if it's $499, i'll get it just for the engineering magic here. 

$600 for XSeX and $400 for the other model is my guess.